Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

NOED nerf compromise OR be nerfed into the ground

Comments

• EnderloganYTEnderloganYT Member Posts: 481

noed is fine, it has plenty of counters. but if I need to, a compromise to me would be to make it need skill. something like x amount of hooks or whatever. HOWEVER, Adrenaline also needs to be more skillful or I riot.

• KurosujiKurosuji Member Posts: 27

While I believe NOED is shameful to even equip, I do believe that it's balanced because it's a hex perk that (in my experience) goes down in about 30 seconds after downing a survivor. Also it's kinda meant for new killers anyway, or killers trying out a new character, but it does suck when a good player uses it.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589
    edited February 9

NOED is not fine and not fair.

Its literally a DS for killers.

NOED rewards you for failing at protecting gens, without having any conditions other than 1 dull totem surviving.

DS rewards you for getting caught again in the 60s, doesnt matter if you got tunneled or are doing a gen in the killers face.

NOEDs power should be based on amount of hooks/downs/whatever you did before it activates, so that it requires you to play well and not just be losing the game.

DS should disable as soon as survivor starts doing objectives or there are no other targets remaining. The timer should be paused while in a chase, so that its an anti tunneling perk and not unconditional immunity for 60s.

• Pizza_DweetPizza_Dweet Member Posts: 67
    edited February 9

Fair, but why not also change generators like with Scott jund's idea? Noed is a crutch right now because gens fly so quickly that it's gone from late game insurance to essential for getting a 4k unless going against rank 20s. And if they don't want the wrath of Mr skeletal when they want to escape but it can be ignored by doing tribute to me bones and that seems bad for killers, but that's what ruin used to be it would distract the survivors from gens for like 30 seconds so the killer can slow down the game by hooking somebody.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328

NOED is perfectly fine. Only counter to insane gen speeds. Gens can be done in 4-3 mins and its only chance to get some kills. After gen speeds are normal and not OP then we can speak about NOED.

• LetcheLetche Member Posts: 66

As a survivor main, it does feel cheap, but it doesn't require any skill to cleanse totems either. You can't really be mad if it proxes because you failed to incorporate totems into your to-do list.

It's fine where it is. The fact that it's a totem perk makes it super weak tbh. A good team should always aim to cleanse all totems and if you're so worried about NOED playing solo, run a totem finding perk or bring a map. It gives an alternate objective and element of fear to the game not knowing if the killer is running it or not. Better safe than sorry, though.

Gen speeds are not iNsAnE. If you got 0 hooks for the entire game then you should have no right to NOED. Even with current gen speeds.

NOED is has literally the strongest protection out of all Hex perks.

If using NOED feels cheap then we should change it so it doesnt. There shouldnt be a perk that rewards you for not doing your job the entire game.

• AlsendDrakeAlsendDrake Member Posts: 100

Honestly, add a totem counter and then it's entirely the survivors fault, as there's no excuse of not knowing how many were down.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 2,677

Lol. Look at some of the names defending it.

”NOED is fine. A bad killer getting a few free kills is fine. However DS and BT need to go!! The survivor should not be granted an extra chance to live a little longer!!!!”

There is some real hypocrisy involved in defending NOED but complaining about BT/DS. Really shows a bias

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 841

NOED should be buffed to make survivors cleanse totems and not only doing gens. Gen rush needs a quick fix and buffing NOED is the answer.

Stop being so lazy that you can't even cleanse totems only doing gens. Some survivors simply loves doing gens and nothing more.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,909

These threads pop up a lot every now and then, but I dislike perks that reward failure. NoeD is once such perk. I would rather run a perk that rewards my success as a killer not my incompetence.

• Waldorf_2R3Waldorf_2R3 Member Posts: 20

If you dont like noed just do totems, there are plenty of perks and items to help you find totems, so you cant say they are hard to find. For the majority of the game the killer is playing with three perks, noed only comes up when all gens are done or if the hatch is closed before the gens are done. Noed was nerfed a while back to be allocated to a totem, and that balanced it. You have to remember when playing survivor, there is an actual person playing killer, its not a computer. You arent supposed to escape every game, if this game continues to shift towards nerfing every killer perk that doesnt let survivors live every game (or they find "unfun" to play against) nobody will want to play killer. Wait times for games will continue to rise, difference between skill level will be greater to try to compensate for lack of killers. (Skill level not rank, the devs even said rank doesnt equal skill) there are plenty of perks that killers find unfun to go against but you dont here constant complaints about them. They are only brought up when survivor mains who don't play killer enough complain about perks. Don't say "i play killer too, i don't only play survivor" because the key word is enough. Take a couple days and ONLY play killer; multiple games, different killers, and different builds. You'll see how frustrating it is and you'll see why noed isn't as good as you thunk it is.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited February 9

Rather then seeing it as rewarding the killer for doing poorly, you should see it as punishing the survivors for doing poorly, which is what it is.

If survivors think they can just do gens quickly and get out, and just ignore the potential thread of NoeD that is always present, that is their choice and risk to take, pushing survivors to do totems is a good thing for the game's health in general.

• perezkarlo37perezkarlo37 Member Posts: 36

How about a NOED which is not a totem that only works if there are more than 2 survivors alive when all gens are completed? It would deactivate once the killer makes its second kill(with a penalty if it decides to slug). It should be a compensation perk, not a crutch perk. I heard people saying that, for a killer, 2 kills is a draw, 3 is a win, and 4 is a victory. That way the killer could get at least 2 kills, instead of slugging all the party or having NOED cleansed.

Note: The main idea is that only works when there are more than 2 survivors, and a counter-side if the killer decides not to kill anyone.

• ImpactImpact Member Posts: 74

I'll admit that I can't stand NOED and never use it. I play killer and survivor equally (more killer recently because of the queue times....but I digress). I understand some people like NOED, so let's seek a compromise!

Here's my ideas to make this perk less annoying:

1. The OP's idea of a 7 second cooldown after a survivor is downed, seems good. Perhaps this could be affected by the 3 perk tiers?
    2. Consider a totem counter in the survivor HUD, perhaps as part of a perk. I heard recently that the devs are looking at buffing some survivor perks - including Smallgame.
    3. There's no need for a speed boost with this perk - the instadown is powerful enough. So re-impliment the previous perk tiers: tier 1 affects 2 survivors, tier 2 affects 3 survivors and tier 2 affects 4 survivors. Tier 1 in it's current state is too devestating!
    4. Give the survivors some indication that NOED is active. So give the hex warning when the final generator is completed - don't wait until the first victim is insta-downed.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,567
    edited February 9

If you read my other posts here I already answered all this.

Besides, we already agree gens are too fast.

edited February 9

One perk shouldnt be able to to affect the other team on this scale. Especially if its this strong and doesnt require any effort from the side using it. Its like you are forced to slug all the time because of DS, and survivior just has to rush gens right in your face for it to work.

• ImpactImpact Member Posts: 74
    edited February 9

In answer to the popular argument, "Just do totems!" ...

I agree to a great extent, however, it's not always so simple.

What do you do when the survivors are under a lot of pressure? There could be 3 survivors remaining. Then, 1 survivor gets hooked. What do you do? Join Dwight on the final generator, cleanse the dull totem next to the generator or run halfway across the map to save your teammate? You could argue that the killer in this example has earned the right to NOED, having played well. I have mixed feelings about this. But my point is: it's not always as simple as telling people to 'just cleanse totems'.

I agree that survivors should cleanse totems when they come across them. But again - what if you're under a lot of pressure? It's all about priorities.

What about those totems that are in obscure places - off the beaten track, so to speak? If you're under pressure to complete objectives by a comptetant killer - should you really go searching for totems in the corners of the map? Without a totem counter, you don't even know if such totems even exist.

• LetcheLetche Member Posts: 66

Dymo pretty much summed it up for me. I just came to say don't slug for DS, eat it ASAP so they can't use it against you later and viola, no more DS. 🤷‍♀️

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,001

Adding a totem counter for survivors would be seen as a massive nerf to some people towards noed.

I think if you want something to remain in its current state people should explain why and not just say whether they agree or not.

For every person agreeing or disagreeing with my suggestion that a nerf is coming for noed there is another person thinking the exact opposite from your opinion. This is why people want it removed from the game completely.

So you tell me to break my momentum early so its not broken late game? It is a solution, but there is no other perk that has power like that. Every perk in this game has a workaround (even that abdomination called NOED), current DS has NONE.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,001

Literally the only compromise I've seen in this thread asking for a compromise.

Instead of everyone getting defensive about noed ever getting changed, suggest what version of noed would be ideal for you.

If you say the current noed then you're just gonna be disappointed because that's how it works.