Home Discussions General Discussions

Unpopular Opinion, Killers are MORE Toxic than Survivor

124»

Comments

• McLightningMcLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 8

What? I'm reiterating what you said:

ANYBODY is a potato in their first game. You know how many bad Billy games I've had? One. The first one I ever played. The rest? Highly dominant 4k's.

The rest includes your second game.

Are you denying saying this? Or...?

• WheatersWheaters Member Posts: 3

I always lurk these forums in curiosity, I enjoy this game quite a bit but it sort of baffles me how seriously people seem to take it. And because of that I can't help but break my lurking to sort of agree with OP.

I don't think the forums truly reflect what I experience in game, I think people are louder and angrier here than I see in post game chat. I've seen toxic comments (and behaviour in-game but I can't think of many tbag, flashlight click, or camping that didn't make me laugh since much of the game puts me in a giggly mood) sometimes but I definitely see a quick "gg" more.

On forum lurking though I see SO MANY toxic killers. Not the ones that have legit changes or issues they illustrate with examples because they feel there is an inbalance. Just a storm of sarcasm and remarks on how much worse the other role behaves, how they mock and complain the most yet the first page of the forums is always disproportionate anti-survivour posts. And if the post isn't about baiting that, then the replies to legit killer posts wanting to discuss concerns is immediately taken over by aggressive, rude and insulting anti-survivour replies.

It's just odd to me. Entertaining though! I always end up looking in curiosity. And sorry for rambling, I appear to have a terminal case of longwindedness.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 7,343

As someone who moderates this forum and gets to see a lot of what is considered toxic in game - I can assure you all, both sides are equally as toxic. In game you get 4 survivors to 1 killer, which is quite often why it appears to be more survivor toxicity than killer ones - pack mentality and all that. Plus you tend to remember the worst comments and forget or overlook the matches where there's no toxicity.

Plus I have to say, toxicity is a pretty personal thing - to some people flashlight clicking and teabagging are toxic, to others it's not - same as killers nodding their heads for example, some people say that's toxic, it's all pretty variable.

• zaquintarzaquintar Member Posts: 48

Yeah... Agree your statement is pretty unpopular. Next

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 454

No way.

• VoodooChildVoodooChild Member Posts: 319

Yeah in theory but in practice youd be spending like 10 minutes getting into a game to take away one of probably many items. If youre not mad that that happened to you seems like youre just reaching to try to find a way justify calling killers toxic lol. low key kind of toxic

• KurosujiKurosuji Member Posts: 27

Both sides are equally toxic as [BAD WORD].

• MastergeeMastergee Member Posts: 6

Erm no. Survivors tbag, tease the killer at the exit, all gang around a hook, repair gens really fast, use cheap tactics.

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 639

Play as a low rank killer with current matchmaking and you'll see some toxic AF survs who then go out of their way to harass you after the fact.

• LufanatiLufanati Member Posts: 156

There's nothing cruel about a slug race. You're literally giving all but one a free escape.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,283

Actually, if a killer hardcore BMs the entire survivor team, you will have four players believing killers are toxic.

If it was the other way around with the survivors hardcore BMing the killer, you will have only one player believing survivors are toxic.

Therefore, it's a common majority that players will think killers are toxic. Through, whether that's true or not is a different story. 😁

• MrjuiceMrjuice Member Posts: 91

Ok..I didn't read the whole post.. But is there really a point of comparing which side of the community is more toxic?

• BillyAndStuBillyAndStu Member Posts: 67

Except survivors are more likely to bitch and moan when they lose. Moris are pretty much the only thing that cant be countered by survivors. Everything else survivors have one or more ways to counter. Also i have never once seen a killer use franklins and dc just to get rid of items. That makes so little sense tbh. And if they do so what? Oh no u lost an item. Big deal high tier items arent rare.

• BillyAndStuBillyAndStu Member Posts: 67

Youre sorely mistaken. To sat that all toxicity starts with the killer is ludicrious. There are SO many survivors who rage and dc just for being downed normally. Not playing the way they want you to? "Douche." Missed a swing? *teabagging uncontrollably. There are a ton of survivors who go out of their way to make the match a living hell for the killer. Wether it be all green toolboxes or multiple flashlights. Simply for playing killer! I have a genuine hate for killers who get off on making the game unfun but they can only do it for one person at a time if theyre camping/tunneling. Therefore it can be countered.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 2,811

There are more killers trying to ruin games than survivors.

Both sides can be painful to each other.

I said it STARTS WITH, meaning that it is generally a single killer, or a few killers, who annoy survivors that they start doing these things. And the main part of my argument is that a majority of this starts, on the killers side at least, IN THE LOWER RANKS, which then spills into higher ranking survivors taking out their frustration on mid-rank killers, find out it works really well as a normal strategy, then goes through to Red.

Killers in turn go back to being toxic to get rid of toxic survivors, get more kills and keep playing as such. Or stop playing all together, leading to our current match-making.

A self-perpetuating cycle that can mainly be attributed to one side. MAINLY. Not fully.

• RougeRouge Member Posts: 96
    edited February 10

From my experience I'd disagree. I find that I see more toxicity from survivors ontop of less kind comments. I see killers being kind more often then I see survivors at the same time seeing them not be as toxic.

But in all honestly I dont know why we need to chop up who is mean to which people like to play more, if you are a mean survivor you are probably a toxic killer. and vice versa

The reason I see more toxicity from survivors is probably because there are more of them, for every 4 survs you see 1 killer.