Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

The Hillbilly Problem

Comments

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Not nearly as much as Spirit or Nurse. Spirit takes a little bit more time, than Billy but we're talking tens of hours, when an average game is 5 minutes.

• TooKoolFoUTooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

I think billy is fine. He needs his addons reworked to fit that standard now, but even then his addons are op. Maybe a slight number nerf to “instasaw” but other than that.. he’s fine. He’s not commonly used on Xbox anymore, so it’s not like he’s overpowering by population either. That might vary on other platforms, but it’s not like pc was with a massive amount of nurses. Or how we had a extreme amount of spirits. He’s fine.

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,632

Wtf? Billy is easy as hell to abuse. Feather the chainsaw after getting bloodlust and they can never escape. His only weakness is what literally every other killer in the game is weak to: strong loops.

Let's analyze him for a sec shall we? One he has his power instantly at the beginning of a match. Two it has zero cooldown. Three it's an insta-down skipping the two hit mechanics put in place. Four it doubles as a mobility ability with an already mobile killer so you both get downed and have to deal with continuous chase pressure. It can instantly destroy pallets or down the survivor, so there's zero downside to charging at a pallet. Dead zones are a death sentence. Unhooking in line of sight is too.

And no, Billy isn't a shining example of most balanced killer. If you max out every stat you're not balanced. Showing videos of a highly coordinated swf abusing game mechanics means the outlier is strong survivors paired with crappy level design, not weak killers. I can think of several survivor perks that are busted. Every aura perk for example. There's just too much feedback in a game that thrives in ambiguity. Spinechill should be line-of-sight. Etc.

But once they do rework Billy (which they are along with his maps), there's at least 3 things I can think of them doing. Most obvious is an ability cooldown/charge. Longer you hold a sprint, longer recovery is. Second would be a visual impairment like tunnel vision while traveling. And third is add-ons. But if it's like the Nurse, his one hit down will probably become an iridescent add-on instead of base.

• NeverLuckyNeverLucky Member Posts: 9

You tagged console videos?! Boost players on both sides on the field. Come try PC and see where you stand. Also, I am aware of the addons that decrease cooldown. Pay attention to the rework that will be coming out. RIP your confidence. #NotEvenClose

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

Snapshots are easily modified.

You claim to get 4k nonstop.

Recording a session of you playing billy for even 2 hours and getting 4ks recorded, would be proof to what youce claimed.

They just asked for proof that is damn near not modifiable.

If you 4k with billy all day, it should be eeeeasy.

No, they doubted that you CONSTANTLY 4k as billy in red ranks.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

No beating billy comes down to making him turn the wrong way, knowing how and where to loop, when to use a pallet against him or bait his saw, when to not be altruistic and let him snowball, when to hide or not when you HEAR the saw, and a few other things.

But I guess those wouldnt fit your narrative of "billy is a 50/50 braindead killer with no skill".

Takes 5 mins to make a twitch account. Or YouTube. And I'm pretty sure xbox can stream or upload directly to those.

• Kbot22Kbot22 Member Posts: 76

@PigMainClaudette if you let a killer get that close to you to where they are literally touching you there is a problem, also you don't balance for low skill players you balance for red/purple ranks that have invested time in the game. I respectfully disagree that hillbilly needs any changes besides add-ons.

edited February 11

People Are responding, with reasons that billy isnt as easy to cheese kills as you say.

Edit: thought you were also the one uploading pics for no reason haha.

Point stands. Nobody is parroting. You just dont like what they're saying.

• KuromiStarwindKuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited February 11

Oh boy, Nurse, Spirit, now Billy.

Beating Billy comes down to appropriate positioning and playing safe at pallets so he becomes an M1 killer. For example you can't just sit on a gen and wait for a Billy to come up to you before you start running, which I'm sure people who complain about him do.

Guess what? Billy and Huntress are what I would call two of the most well balanced killers in the game, and they have decent counterplay to them both.

Honestly, it really gets tiring seeing so many bad players complain about things they don't understand. Are we playing the same game?

• DepressedNurseMainDepressedNurseMain Member Posts: 671

Please please please please please don't give hillbilly a cool-down that's a sure fire strategy to make nobody ever play him again .

• laKUKAlaKUKA Member Posts: 307

easy or not. Billy is broken! example? you are 4 steps from the window

You will fall to the ground before crossing it or after crossing it.

So broken!

Very well wrote. I appreciate you candor and your objective observation. But watch out, there are some Billy mains in this thread that would rather uninstall than see a rework on Billy.

That's not billy, that's just windows. You can run vault through, take 2 steps and still get hit.

@Endstille this guy Endstille doesn't have anything to say. You give him proof and the facts and he doesn't have [BAD WORD] to say. This little democrat beta cannot fathom the fact that his only way to stay "good" is by using easy mode Hillbilly. Go play Minecraft already with your logic and sense of competition. #Irrelevant

• RobMeister88RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

So basically you want a viable killer to be nerfed for no logical reason even though he can be looped like any basic M1 killer. This is some top tier bait.

• kosmikosmi Member Posts: 326

First of all if they rework billy and under rework they nerf his ability to do a map presue they good luck with playing this game decently as surv.

Second if you think that killer don't need skill to be played, they you are probably surv only or simply mediocore killer player. The thing is when good billy player comes usualy that player knows how to play and has some skills(in most cases they are the top of the killer players).

Third ye after billy you survs main will probably find another killer to cry for it, in the end it will come that rotten fields is to small for safe gen progresion.

Fourth personaly i would like every killer to get rework and that some become more powered and others weaker and that devs keep rotating them. But if they only nerf killers game will be dead.

Fifth no one will hate you cz of you narrow seeing but also no one will keep playing if you and the players like you keep getting what you want.

• McLightningMcLightning Member Posts: 949

Pretty much this. "Oh...I made a thread and nobody agrees with it..they're all just parroting".

This should tell you everything you need to know. When everyone else believes he's fine, the problem isn't Hillbilly. The problem is the people saying he's a problem.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Yes thank you that is exactly what I doubted. A whole week with nothing but 4ks in red ranks without perks and he did like 7 matches. @underlord99 so just that you understand this as well. I do not doubt that you can 4k, why would I? It was the claim of doing this for a week and getting nothing else.

OH NO somebody 4ked, call the devs immediately for nerfs. Meanwhile I posted you several games where all 4 survivors do not equip anything and it is either 4man escape or a 3man escape.

Oh and uh you know your insults mean so little to the rest of the world. My view on you guys over there? Shouldn't you be busy building a wall to mexico and being paid by mexico for it? 🤣

The people like you are the reason this game becomes so mindnumbing boring, you can not hit skillchecks, you cry for nerfs cause you are bad at the game. Before billy it was ruin, before ruin it was spirit, before spirit it was nurse blablabla the cryfest of you noobs repeats on and on. The only thing left is to mock you and have a bet running on what is going to be next.

Meanwhile you make the game for everybody else easier and boring because you refuse to improve, you are so full of it you come burping in even with your facts wrong like "put a cooldown on his saw" which already exists but once again, no skill, no knowledge and cryfest.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,097

I expect more post like this the closer Billy's "addon" rework gets.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,537

He has none of the restrictions on his instadown or speed that other killers have. He's the only one to have unlimited power and speed.

If he's the "mOsT bAlAnCeD kIlLeR" then something is amiss because no other killers have been made like him and they treated Leatherface's chainsaw completely different.

• CornMossCornMoss Member Posts: 349
    edited February 11

If you wanna not get insta downed by Billy play smart and get off that gen for 10 seconds to get to a very close by loop when you hear his chainsaw, just in case he comes to you (do this especially after he hooks someone cuz BBQ) and if he comes, loop that loop until he gets too close then slam that pallet down. He can't get you with his chainsaw unless he mind games you (which takes skill) or you don't hug the walls while looping and he's good at curving. If he breaks the pallet with his chainsaw you can get to another loop easily as long as you didn't wait at the pallet when he was readying his chainsaw to break it.

If he chases you down with his chainsaw after breaking the pallet don't run straight forward like an idiot.

Remember survivors, a good Billy will always want the chainsaw over the M1 so he will respect pallets like crazy. After he respects the pallet like 2 times after looping he's most likely not respect it next loop so throw it down.

Really easy to counter in my opinion

• xeravxerav Member Posts: 296

Billy is the gold standard of a Killer ... he requires skill and also skill to play against ...so instead of nerfing all the viable red rank killers so you will only play against even less killer how about buff weaker killers so we have more variety...

• Papi_Sans1Papi_Sans1 Member Posts: 25

Why am I not surprised this is a thread? I'm going to go on a wild guess here and infer that you're also a survivor main. Yes, Billy is strong. So what? What would you suggest they do, implement Speed Limiter into his base kit? Give a 30 sec CD on his chainsaw? When will people stop complaining about X killer being strong just because they're strong. I swear, if billy gets nerfed then it's just going to be a matter of time until people start asking for other lowtier killers to get nerfed. Billy is mildly hard to learn as the controls while chainsaw dashing are much different than those of normally walking. Not every player can pick up billy and nail every chainsaw and all that, but almost anyone can pick up a character like doc or pig and play them at least moderately well. Even if you want to say that he isnt difficult, so what? "Oh no, theres a killer that helps new players get into the game and want to play killer since its actually the power role for once". Good, all the killers left with ruin nerf so we need more (at least that's my guess since survivor queues take 6 mins). And he can play around BT? I mean, I've never experienced a billy breaking chase, ignoring gens, and killing their pressure just to keep one person on the hook. Even if a billy was dumb enough to do this, almost every survivor runs DS anyways, so you're fine.

If you dont like crack bill, though, I'd completely agree with you. Crack billy is broken.

I expect to see you in these threads once Billy gets reworked and balancing is started. Also, the videos you posted were 4man with comms who gen rushed; those games lasted around 5 minutes. You are telling me that is fun on either side if the game is over that fast? There's something easy to bet on. For the record, Nurse did need a rework and Spirit never did, in my opinion. I have the utmost respect against Spirit players and RIP to ruin; I thought it should have been implemented in the game permanently before the rework. Your narrow opinions and your cheap internet words are shallow and pedantic, and don't contribute to the conversation anymore. Until then, I hope to see you in the fog.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I'm saying that Billy is strong, and that's fine, BUT he shouldn't be top 3 for how easy he is to play.

How would I change him? Gut insta-saw. Buff every other killer instead. Make those who have non-instant down powers who are difficult to play very strong.

• CoodanCoodan Member Posts: 38
    edited February 11

Honestly i don't think Hillbilly is that strong. He is no where near OP and i don't even understand why people want him changed. As long as you are good at looping he will just play like a mouse 1 killer. Also you were like " Not every Survivor is a running god with map knowledge over every variation of the maps" yeah that is true but those people are normally low ranks and low ranked people will play against low ranked killers which means the killer won't be that great either so it balances it out. Every killer needs to have their thing. Map mobility, chase potential, and information. However each killer cannot have the best of everything so they even it out. Doc as decent chase potential, no mobility, and good information. While Nurse has Great chase potential, good mobility, and no information. Billy has bad chase potential, Amazing mobility, and no information. I think this is fine, mobility should be his strong point since he isnt good at anything else.