Home Ask the Community
Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Does DCing during the loading screen count as a DC that will add to the DC-penalty timer?

2 friends of mine are having issues where their game will freeze while in the loading screen about to enter a game. It ranges from once per day to every other game. They've both taken steps to try to solve the issue but haven't managed to do so. If their game freezes during loading now that the DC-penalties has been implemented again will they get a cooldown for queuing when restarting the game? Since it's semi frequent I imagine the timer will stack up quickly if they have bad luck and DC 2-3 times within an hour (which has happened before).

Best Answer

Answers

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,119
    edited February 12

@Fortism

If your friends still suffer from these issues than I suggest they contact support to see if there's anything else the Support Team might lend to help.

Support has many solutions to issues like these, if there's something your friends could've missed or didn't see as a fix yet, than I suggest the use the link below to file a ticket and see what the Support Team has to say.

[Here's the link to the Support Team]:

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,326

I'm thankful that in the system the first few punishments are relatively low because of this exact type of thing. I've only ever disconnected twice ever, but there's been some weird times where I honestly didn't mean to DC (like one time a Quentin unhooked me, and when my feet touched the ground it sent both Quentin and I to the disconnect/score screen.)

Hopefully the system treats you well. I'm not sure about how I feel about it.

It depends how you look at it, soon there will be a new penalty system that puts players into a cool-down them they intentionally DC mid-match, I doubt unintentional crashing mid-loading screen and mid-game will add to this new system, but if it does than i'm sure they'll find a way to minimize that.

But that's all I know about the penalty system right now, eventually we'll see it's implementation in the future though. I personally never DC against anything, but I have crashed in-game multiple times before because of my old Internet, now-a-days crashing in DBD is quite rare for me because of my new internet, but crashing in-general isn't anything to be worried about.

As long as you don't intentionally quit out of games because "the game wasn't going your way" for example, than you'll be fine.

The DC penalty system that is yet to be released fully.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,291

There's another one? Or you mean the one that went live today?

You might have missed it, here's the blog post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/128722/

That's what OP is referring to when they mentioned the DC penalty system having been implemented again. Unintentional crashes and network errors will incur a penalty, incidentally, to stop the system from being abusable, but disconnecting during loading will not.

edited February 12

Ah, than yes that's the system i'm talking about.

The part about unintentional crashes and network errors causing the penalty was answered by you, I just wanted to suggest that they go to the support team on the issue if it's still an on-going issue. (That' part is for the OPs friends to clarify who that's for)

As for the reply to the forum member before that, it was mostly focusing on the what-ifs that might come from the penalty system, but it seems the post already covers this.