Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Camping, Tunneling, DC penalty.

Long text warning!!!

It's clear the DC penalty is a good idea put in at the wrong time. Combined with all current issues, it was ill considered. Just had 3 different huntress games literally 12 metre camping with insidious in one of them as backup then tunnel after a very orchestrated unhook. Now in a team this is fine. But with randoms, this is an issue.

It's bad enough it is a random no communication team you're working with which means, unless you know specifically that they're camping, you are wasting time concluding that. Meanwhile you work on gens while the two others try unhooking the guy that's gonna die anyway. Yes that's their choice but why should you equally feel punished by the whole game relying on you to get things done?

And when they do unhook no matter if you run in front of killer to protect, they aggressively want the kill. Hatch pops up and closes right beside the 3rd hooked survivor, right beside a gate. And the second on the same wall. (Great placement devs). And she has NOED also.

Why wouldnt people DC in a game like this when it is rewarding to a lazy killer and punishing survivors that are engaging? I understand killers have faults but it is no excuse to lasily camp, tunnel and NOED your every game. Is this what dbd is now?

Sorry if it seems like a complaint but I cant be the only one that is dealt this and feel the devs are stalling for time releasing new killers and "Potentially fixing" glitches when they should be doing what Rainbow Six Seige did with Operation Health.

Comments

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited February 2020

I don't think DC penalties are wrong, but they need to fix the "game crashed and I got DC penalty" bug.

About the campers and tunnelers, I suggest you play SWF for you to counter that, it's a strategy to be honest, but it can be used as an excuse to be toxic and childish too. It doesn't matter how much of a camper or tunneler the killer is, if he's so bad he can't play normally, a good SWF is gonna save that poor survivor no matter what. I get your frustration and I hope it gets attention, I can't talk much about this from my experience cause I play a 4 men SWF rank 1 squad and I play as rank 1 trapper main who never tunnels or camps to get the 3k+ every game.

Those "toxic" revenge seeking killers are just bad at the game... They get mad cause they want an easy 4k and if they don't they act it out, I'm saying this as a rank 1 trapper and GF main, but to be a bit more objective and support those players too, if I want an easy game I play survivor, if I want a challenge I play killer, it is actually a well known difference. I do get the 3k+ every game as killer, but I put way much more effort on it than when playing survivor.

BTW, I had a really bad experience yesterday, I got sent from rank 1 killer to rank 13, how do you think survivors are doing against me...? I'm letting one go every game cause... I have a heart...

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

Question is how did you not notice a insidious camping Huntress? The Lullaby is always there. Hatch opens when 1 survivor is remaining. So when She closed it after the 3rd person jumped it should of reopened momentarily for you before the Huntress closed it a second time.

• underlord99underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I'd suggest running kindred , it's a really good perk

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Run Decisive Strike + Unbreakable and never get camp tunnelled again.

Survivors have the tools to counter every strategy killers have. If they refuse to utilise them, thats on them, not the killers.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 6,257

So you are saying you should be justified in DCing when the killer camps, tunnels, or has NOED?

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Look at some of the replies in this thread. This explains it all.

You get poor players who can't get kills any other way so they tunnel and camp people to death because they believe "you can't win if you don't tunnel" and they never play survivor so they don't realize how much it ruins the game for other people.

• venom12784venom12784 Member Posts: 627

If noed is in every game run small game and do totems. If every killer is camping do run kindred and then do gens . There are Anya calling perks you can run to counter campers.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589

If you need to camp since the beginning of the game to get a kill, then you are just bad at the game lol.

Camping 3 people in the basement or 1 of the remaining 2 SWF in EGC is a different thing than camping all game.

If we get some camping nerf soon then know its your fault.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

It's not fun no. However hard tunneling stops working against red ranks. You need to pressure then and it's 4 vs 1. This is why I want them to improve, not just because its more fun for the other side but because they will do a lot better and enjoy the game too.

Also yeah toxic swf sucks. It's mostly a few clowns together that act like that rather than solos. Afterall is tbagging and griefing a killer fun if you don't have an audience/friends to witness it?

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 4,756

There are times when tunneling/camping absolutely is the optimal play, but it obviously varies from game to game.

• PodgeNotRodgePodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

Exactly!

The problem that I understand, both sides have troubles of their own. Some may argue one side has more. Fair enough. Playing both sides I can see that.

What the problem with this community is typical survivor vs killer main BS that is only promoting more toxicity and this belief of being toxic in a game by camping or tunneling with the excuse of killer is hard is a joke. I'm a rank 13 playing with anyone from 10-20 most games. Regardless of RNG, Does that make a killer hard to play when they've got the typical set of meta perks? Its ignorance like this that makes me surprised at what kinds of people are out there.

To solve this divide, I believe taking a few months out to solve all problems rather than chucking a "Potentially fixed" update every month is needed :/