The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

PS4 will not update 1.83 says file is corrupt

hey guys,

so I just got this games yesterday (late I know). I got the hard copy brand new from Best Buy and when I inserted the disc into my ps4 it downloaded as normal. It then went on to download the update or patch which was like 12GB and when it was finished it said it could not download the file. When I went into the notification screen to see more info it said the file was corrupted.

Ive tried deleting the game and reinstalling, restarting my ps4, and looking for answers online to no avail.

Can anybody shed sone light or know of any fixes.,

Comments

• DiaTechDiaTech Member Posts: 8

Is there enough space on the drive itself?

Perhaps try power cycling the PS4.

Pulled from reddit on how to power cycle:

Hold the power button on the PS4 until it beeps twice. When the system is completely off, unplug the power cable and then plug it back in. Restart your console and you should be good to go.

• bobbychanthamixaybobbychanthamixay Member Posts: 3

Yes I have over 400 GB and I’ll try that thanks

• bobbychanthamixaybobbychanthamixay Member Posts: 3

I’ve tried power cycling the game and still nothing.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Sounds like you need to clear the cache on your PS4. This is how rockstar suggest doing it (haven't tried it myself, just FYI).

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
    2. Select Turn Off PS4
    3. Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds
    4. Restart the PlayStation 4
    5. Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game