The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why have I been non-stop crashing recently?

PradorPrador Member Posts: 7

I've had enough. Before this week nearly no crashes, after the latest update I can either play 3-4 games in a row just fine or my game will crash in the menus or a few minutes into a match.

I've just been given a 15+ minute "DC" penalty through no fault of my own due to the constant crashes as the game cannot detect when you do not intentionally crash.

Screenshot attatched, not sure what is going on. Drivers updated, hardware is fine...

Comments

• PradorPrador Member Posts: 7
    edited February 12

Log file attached.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, chipset drivers installed, everything updated, stock settings.

RTX 2060, latest driver installed, tried older drivers, stock settings.

750W+ Seasonic Focus+ Gold PSU

No RIvatuner/anything else installed, all stock settings. Windows 10 updated, integrity of game files fine. Not sure what to do.

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 455
    edited February 12

I don't see anything wrong in the log file and the crash reporter doesn't say anything useful either.

I would start with the usual fixes;

And a Windows update, the very latest version should be version 1909 build 18363.628 with KB4532693 (2020-02 Windows cumulative update) installed. Or possibly higher build number, I just now started installing latest update myself, haven't rebooted Windows yet.

If everything else fails you could always try fully reinstalling the game. Or possibly older graphics driver and/or uninstalling latest Windows update - however note that this and previous patches include important security updates.

Cleared cache, verified intergrity (all good), I was on the the previous build you mentioned and updated today to KB4532693 OS build is 1909 18363.657.

Still the same problems even with an older driver installed. Going to attempt to reinstall the game

Update: uninstalled/reinstalled seemed to fix it... for 2 games and now it's back to crashing constantly.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

I saw someone else with the same error code who fixed it by disabling the discord overlay.

If you have that on, it might be worth turning it off.