The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Changing a dedicated server to PS4

VSLlVSLl Member Posts: 190
edited February 14 in Technical Issues

So, after the dedicated servers on PS4 were introduced, my ping was around 100. All this time, whenever I went into the game, ping was never higher than 100-120. Today, when I entered the game, I noticed that my ping is 300. And this greatly affects the gameplay. I literally can't play. Was I just thrown to another server or was the previous server closed? What should I do? Wait?

It is worth noting that when playing for the survivor, they connect me to the server, where ping is 100, and for the killer, where 300.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

In theory, if you close and remake the lobby it SHOULD move you to a closer server.

I don't believe they've closed any servers, the game is probably just derping out and putting you on one it thinks is closer when it isn't.

• VSLlVSLl Member Posts: 190

Only other thing I would suggest is a router reboot. Shut it down for 5-10 mins, and your PS4. Turn on the router, then the PS4 once it's booted up.

In theory, that should flush any DNS settings and possibly give you a new IP, which might help.

• VSLlVSLl Member Posts: 190

It does not help. Recently, the survivors have ping 300, and the killers have 100. Now the killers have 300 again. Maybe the server is full and the game will connect me to another, farther? I do not understand why there are different pings for different sides.

Unfortunately, neither do I. I don't really know how their "find a server" logic works other than it's supposed to prioritise the closest/best ping first, and then I think it's based on rank and it moves out based on that.

So it might be due to rank matchmaking in your region.