Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

NOED has counter play, DS dosen't

I've been seeing a few posts about nerfing NOED (right after Ruin was just gutted), and it seems like more entitled survivors whining because the game still isn't easy enough for them. While its really DS that needs a nerf, as it has no counterplay and has very little skill required to activate. People say "just slug", but thats not counterplay, its mitigation. Instead of being able to get a hook and get the survivor down another state, it just leave them on the ground to be picked up in under 20 seconds by someone else. All it needs is to deactivate either after someone else is hooked or after they leave the killers terror radius. And then it will be an actual anti-tunnel perk and not just 60 seconds of immunity.

Comments

• minehotminehot Member Posts: 69

Just pressure gens and other survivors while you are slugging.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 534

Slugging doesn’t counter DS. 3 other people can sit on gens while the survivor recovers, and then one can tap them and go back to business as usual. Unbreakable also kills slugging. DS wastes time either way.

• AnkiAnki Member Posts: 42

You can just eat the DS if you have to, it's pretty much same as getting hit with a pallet. Also if a survivor gets caught within 60 seconds of being unhooked, they maybe aren't as good of a looper so I'm sure you will catch them soon again (Unless they just happened to be on a dead zone).

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Entitled killer main trying to justify the a total desing failure by comparing it with a survivor perk namely DS which will never get a counter, cause its a "fix" for cheap killer gameplay.

• Vert3xVert3x Member Posts: 125
    edited February 15

DS needs a rework so that the 5 seconds stun isn't eaten when a killer has hooked someone else in the meantime or other conditions are met, but NOED needs way more of a nerf, it's just a crutch perk that only bad players really need that causes the devs to be unsure on how well they should hide totems.

Having NOED nerfed to the level of a normal Hex perk would make it possible for BHVR to do focus on improving every single totem spawn and making sure that no bullshit cross-map visible totem is ever generated again.

That would automatically buff every single known Hex perk by making it so that you almost never see it cleansed before you even get a chance to reach it physically.

When it comes down to the recent Ruin rework, I believe it's better on some killers like Bubba but not gonna deny that a game slowing perk is needed, maybe even buffing Corrupt Intervention into something more solid would be enough.

Oh and before anyone says anything, I'm usually called a Killer main for most of my opinions even though I'm actually a 50%-50% player, so yeah just keep that in mind before you accuse me of being an "entitled survivor main".

NOED is just a blatantly crutch perk that any good killer player admits to be overpowered.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 534
    edited February 15

Okay, but the problem is that “its job” is too strong. You reacted as if slugging was a counter, but it does nothing.

• JC316JC316 Member Posts: 693

I love how it's just "Oh eat the 5 second stun" like you have time to spare as killer. It's not just a 5 second stun, it's a stun, then another minute to chase them back down. Then do the same for the other 3 survivors.

• AsePlayerAsePlayer Member Posts: 1,800

It is a counter. Slugging creates free pressure. You should be doing it regardless of DS.

• FrankieFrankie Member Posts: 807
    edited February 15

But apparently slugging is toxic/BM according to x amount of survivors.

Let me make another scenario for you.

The exit gates are powered. You have 2 people hooked. Someone with borrowed time unhooks both of them and opens the exit gate. You manage to down them again before they get to the door...but they both have DS.

Where's the counter play to that?

Oh wait...there isn't one. You got outplayed by a skillcheck.

DS needs to be fixed.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

Well, I play both, more survivor, and NOED is fine.

It has a nerf. Do the [BAD WORD] bones.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

There is counterplay to DS, but the counterplay is making the game more boring for everyone, and now that DC is penalized. You slug a person for DS just for them to go afk. Good for the killer - bad for the other survivors.

DS needs a nerf to make the game fun for both sides.

• fleshboxfleshbox Member Posts: 494

Not it does not. Not real pressure anyway. Most of the time, at least in the current slugging meta, one wil be nearby to do the pickup as soon as you leave. Say ten seconds later and then they still have another 50 seconds of immunity.

Apart from that DS and unbreakable are common now. So if they dont get picked up they can pick themselves up.

edited February 15

The exit gates were opened. What am I supposed to do? Sit there with my thumb up my ass?

There's no use discussing this with you. You have a clear bias, and are a troll. You don't want balance, you want easy games.

• xGodSendDeathxGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

Getting forced to eat a DS because of some BS just gives me a green light to tunnel that person into the [BAD WORD] ground

Well, it's easy to cleanse 5 totems for a full comms SWF which almost makes it useless for those, while it makes it something completely unfair to deal with for Solo/Duo players.

Considering the possibility of the perk being powereless and unused vs good SWF teams and that no real good killer player needs it and that it's likely to just come in action by giving away free kills that are really undeserved objectively, I really wish that it got nerfed for the sake of actual normal Hex perks.

For a full comms SWF...or for someone who can count to 5.

Stop making excuses for being lazy or negligent. I play solo exclusively and I'm far from the best survivor. If I can do it, you can do it.

• AsePlayerAsePlayer Member Posts: 1,800
  • BigDickCheneyBigDickCheney Member Posts: 17
    edited February 15

Deerstalker and nurses works pretty well for me when I'm just slugging groups for the hell of it.

See? That's how I know you have no argument.

I win. Git gud.

😎

• ZtarShotZtarShot Member Posts: 635

Get the person unhooking. Not the other one.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,316

Slugging keeps that person from doing anything to advance the survivors objective. If you slug the one and chase one. Then one person has to come pick up the slug. That leaves one person on gens. How is that doing nothing? True it's not as much pressure as a hook. But it hardly does nothing.

So you tunneled. Got hit with their perk to combat tunneling. And instead of reconsidering your strategy, you say [BAD WORD] that guy. Tunnel harder. Did I miss anything?

Nope, there's maps where the Level designing team has done a better job in hiding totems (and that's what they're supposed to do, but they are refrained from NOED to continue improving them) and spending the time to find those 5 totems, especially against good killers that know how to apply pressure rather than living up to one no-brainer perk, is just gonna kill you and potentially the entire team.

There's maps and perks to use to make finding totems consistently easy, and there shouldn't even be! Totems should be bloody hidden and hard to find! But here you are, defending a perk that is indeed unreliable, unneeded for good killers, and detrimental for every other Hex perk.

• xGodSendDeathxGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

It's definitely tunneling when I chase the guy doing a gen right in my face because of his DS immortality then hops in a locker. If I have to eat a DS because of something like that, I tunnel them for the rest of the match

edited February 15

Really?

*looks at detectives hunch and rainbow map*

No? Really?

Again - don't be lazy.

You're complaining that they are hard to find, yet also complaining that you have tools to help you. You can't have it both ways. NOED is fine. Period.

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 823

The only gripe I have with DS is that it's a near guarantees an escape if you down them near an open gate.