Home Discussions General Discussions
About the issue where your game is showing as having deleted DLC's or lost game totally. Go to your Steam app. Go to Steam < Settings < Downloads < Clear Download Cache. This should restart Steam and you should have access to your game & DLCs.

So No One Likes Hawkins?

BunnieBunnie Member Posts: 158

Am I the only one who likes Hawkins? I haven't been able to enjoy that map since the PTB before it came out. Any by enjoy no I dont mean win. I just mean a good match that last longer than 5 minutes. Killers disconnect constantly, slug, camp, or tunnel everyone into oblivion and survivors kill themselves on hook. Why not challenge yourselves? Sheesh. It's really not that bad of a map. And before you "try killer for once" players come on here yes I've played the map as killer. Did I get a 4k? No but i still played like I would on any other map.

Comments

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,126

I enjoy Hawkins.

In fact all the indoor maps are my favorite as a survivor (feels more tense) and I enjoy them with most killers too.

Sure it sucks to play huntress on console or Nurse and get them, but I don't tend to run those two much.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 1,408

I love Hawkins, but the downside for it to me is it's too noisy with the doors constantly opening and closing. Otherwise, a solid map.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,963

I love it because of all of the unsafe loops.

• underlord99underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I dislike it , Its an extremely loud map with very unsafe pallets. when I get the map I know the survivors arent going to win. I want a challenge not a easy game.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,512

It's my favorite map on both sides.

• Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
  • OtakuBurritoOtakuBurrito Member Posts: 491

I'm stupid so indoor maps confuse me easy because there are no real land markers. Plus I have either a hard time finding gens or doing gens because I either can't find them or 3 spawn around doctor's office near basement and im like bro...

• underlord99underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

then they will like that map. I personally dont like it bc it's too easy.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 2,679

It blows. Used to be awful with old Ruin because the totem would last most of the game. Still does with new Ruin.

• Flarefire_XxFlarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

Oh I thoroughly enjoy it with massive terror radius doc with impossible skill checks or no heals!

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 803

The only thing I don't like is hunting down generators. You're guaranteed one upstairs and one on the second floor of fungus room above the basement.

There's probably one in the hallways. Then its just searching rooms with your fingers crossed.

• PatchNoirPatchNoir Member Posts: 360

i LOVE this map its balanced can be disgusting to loop when you are a good survivor, and when youre a killer its easier to find survs but the thing i love the most is the gens spawn, most of people dont know where all the gens spawns yet so they waste time looking for it, this dont happen in any other map (and somehow looking for gens should be a survivor secondary objective like breaking totems but everyone knows where they spawn so this objective is dead) and thats the point for bringing maps and dejavu or Detectives munch.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,216

It's all right. Not my favorite. I hate the lack of windows though

• BunnieBunnie Member Posts: 158

yes lerys and hawkins are my fave. big confusing ass maps and the plus side with the doors being on opposite sides too. literally every hawkins card ive had has been wasted. ppl killing themselves on hook or killers slugging everyone. and i get it like there are ways around that but if u want a decent game trying to save other people is apart of that and they know that. it sucks cause i love that map

edited February 16

Yeah every time I use an offering someone DC's or kills themselves as well.

I like that the indoor maps prevent the killer from being seen from miles away, which allows the killer to apply more pressure as they don't know exactly where he's at all the time and they play more cautiously.

They allow for more mind games and stealth on survivor side which I like.

They are also just more aesthetically pleasing as well.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 467

I like the looks of it at the very least. Though the rooms and areas are very tough to differentiate. So I get extremely lost as survivor, I also have trouble finding generators. Lots of unsafe pallets as well. I actually did have a lot of fun on the map regardless of all these things before they nerfed Balanced landing. After that nerf I dread going to Hawkins. It isn't an auto loss, but it just isn't very fun to me anymore.

As killer, I honestly haven't gotten the stage very much, but it's been a 4k every time I went. So I guess it's really good if you are killer?

see i wish i could go against killers who like it i got that map twice yesterday and the killers dced like immediately after loading in.

• Flarefire_XxFlarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    edited February 16

TBH you wouldn’t want to go against a impossible skill check doc on that map

i love it. and yea i miss the old ruin actually it was fun looking for the totem to break it. all u had to do was use detectives hunch and get one done and u could see other totem locations.

edited February 16

i like a mix of indoor outdoor. the bigger maps are my faves. i just got done with a dope match on ormond. i like the yamaoka map too cause its fairly big and plenty of places to hide. i dont even get the hawkins map that often like literally they should of just gave us the map for free as often as i get it. i can play a whole day and not get that map. i luck out cause when i do theres usually at least one person on the team who doesnt like it and 50% chance its the killer opposed to a survivor.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,126

My favorite map, it really isn’t as unsafe as people think.

yea me and my bf have like an understanding of if we play together and we happen to use the card we never take anything in with us anymore cause we know theres a huge chance that itd be wasted. i dont mind dying its just i miss the ptb before it came out when ppl were playing the demogorgon on it. i dont get to play against that killer much either. a lot of ppl use nancy and steve but the map and killer dont seem to be too popular with ppl in my experience

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 3,125

Love it as killer, because I main Myers.

Hate it as survivor.

• onip3onip3 Member Posts: 13

Hawkins is good map but the loops are just bad

• shmoulshmoul Member Posts: 91

It's my most hated map as killer and as a survivor. Everytime I get hawkin's I just slug all 4 as soon as I can so I can just end the match. It's an incredibly boring map with an insane amount of unsafe pallets, you can practically win every match on it with no power.

It's funny you mention not seeing Demo much. I play him pretty regularly and I get quite a lot of people after my matches that thank me for playing him because they rarely get to see him lol

• HazDaBoiHazDaBoi Member Posts: 67

i like it on both roles

i love michael myers. hes my fave killer in movies and also the michaels for me in the game tend to be the most fun. and the ghost face. i used to hate him but once i started using spine chill theyre so much fun lol. i didnt love the map as a killer cause its so big and im honestly not the best killer anyway but i gave that [BAD WORD] my best shot. the second time i played it as killer tho i set my traps in better places and they just kept running right into them. i laid one in one of the wholes in the wall with the rubble pile. they ran into that same one three times.

yea lol. i like the doc as long as they dont spam that [BAD WORD] cause it goes straight to my head. im real good at staying away from the doc cause of that but yea them skill checks and that perk on the gens overcharge? is a problem yea lol. i always expect that when i go up against the doc and i do miss it sometimes lol.