Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

why do you use self care?

can someone explain to me why so many red rank survivors like to self care in a corner of the map? wouldnt it be more efficient if you were healed by someone else ?

Answers

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

Because my teammates are usually potatoes. That or they're swf and only care about each other.

• Chicagopimp2019Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 354

I dont anymore. I used to have it on every build but Inner Strength is a way faster heal and is now my go to perk for healing.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,271

Self-Care, Botany, Resilience, Spine Chill + Green Medkit with Surgical Suture and Abdominal Dressing.

That is all.

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 639

Because I dont trust teammates to do anything properly and they could be using that time to do gens. Half the time they can't even look out for themselves let alone others. Last thing I need is a surv failing skill checks to reveal my location.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 541

I play solo a lot and I don't use SC anymore. One of the best decisions I've made in this game. It really isn't needed. I love using Bond, resilience, Prove Thyself and DH.

• StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 571

I'd rather use Bond + Leader.

• Melodys_RhythmMelodys_Rhythm Member Posts: 9

Personally, I just use self-care when playing Claudette because I like keeping everyone's three starting perks on their load outs. Though, Claudette is the survivor I play most of...I'm not usually hiding in the corner of the map if I know I don't have time to heal myself and save someone. I do play more altruistically though, because I feel bad if I don't help a fellow survivor out, even if they don't return the favor.

Though, to me self-care has helped me in certain occasions. Like during the end-game when I need to heal myself and go help a survivor on a hook if it's just us two left, or sometimes I can't depend on my teammates to heal me because they're busy being chased or other things of that sort.

However, I haven't been part of red ranks for awhile now. I mostly stay in purple ranks, sometimes I make it back to red if I play for hours. But, it just seems like red rank survivors are in it for themselves and not for the "team" if this happens often...?

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,267

I dont, its a waste of time

Inner strenght is better and can be used to make some sweet jukes

• FreakPrinceFreakPrince Member Posts: 268

Only bad survivors use it. Bring a medkit.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Self-Care has infinite uses, isn't affected by Franklin's Demise and uses the same total player time to heal.

Inner Strength is limited to maximum 5 uses, and requires you to be vulnerable in a locker. And tied to a DLC character.

I dunno about you, but the maths is more favourable.

I've run Self-Care and I've run Botany+Medkit. Honestly prefer Self.

• geishroygeishroy Member Posts: 139

You can just use a medkit and addons. Let me guess, you use urban and sb too?

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Because they think they are the most important player ever and every killer will drop everything to hunt them. They need to run to the corner of the map and heal themselves while their allies chase them down trying to heal them.

• david0711david0711 Member Posts: 21

Self care fricken sucks, it wastes so much time, you could be working on a gen or saving someone from a hook, you know how manytimes ive waited till im almost dead from being firat hooked because people are worried about healing themselves, so what if its risky its better if anything to trade hooks, its better for the overall health of the match, on a side note its also annoying when all my teammates use the fountains over and over again against the plague, idiots...

• david0711david0711 Member Posts: 21

Why would you use a med kit if you have self care on, and you definitely should not be using self care if you have spine chill on,, come to think of it this is the worst synergy i can think of, spinechill and resilience i get it thats perfect, while injured repair faster and wait for spine chill to pop off and run away, if you were joking when you wrote this then i apologize for sounding hostile cause it is funny

• FreakPrinceFreakPrince Member Posts: 268
    edited February 17

Well, I wouldn’t need to heal myself that many times anyway because I’d rather spend my time doing the objective. Being injured is not the end of the world given the abundance of strong loops.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

If I could loop like a streamer, then sure. I'm also not running Iron Will.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 961

To help the killer slow the game down. Bonus points if they have thanatophopbia, sloppy or both!

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Self care is bad I never use it

• evil_one_74evil_one_74 Member Posts: 276

Same. And since cleansing totems activates it, you're doing 2 things at once.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,844

I just use it if I play solo survivor (what I usually never do) and dont have any medkits (which is very rare). So basicly never xD

• Spectre13Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

I thought about running it but I often find myself finding a health pack in a chest or am able to get gens done quick enough that I don't have the time to sit around and heal when my resilience pops and get out of there 9% faster.

• Crazy_CoyoteCrazy_Coyote Member Posts: 10
    edited February 17

Rank system is not working. That is why. It makes no sense that you can pip up +2 but not -2. That creates imbalance in rank.

• TooKoolFoUTooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

Or just did a gen instead of healing themselves. Increases the chances of survival by a great deal. Healing in corners is likely to get everyone killed