Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Early impressions from both a legacy survivor and killer....

THE MAP

Phenomenal. Aesthetically my favorite map so far. Pretty balanced for the most part. The map design team has outdone themselves again.

Now, the killer...

KILLER DESIGN

Much like the map, the killers look, sounds and overall design is fantastic. Nothing to complain about here.

KILLER PERKS

The killer perks, they all deliver great information, and only time will tell if they have their place in normal builds. I don't think they'll be meta changing though...and I wish you guys would release perks that would shake up the meta. Gearhead is like a...stronger and weaker Discordance at the same time (only way I can explain it), Dead Man's Switch has potential to be very strong with Nemesis, to the point where it could be Trilling Tremors on Steroids. Especially on a high mobility killer (aka - not The Deathslinger). Hex: Retribution...I mean, it seems good in theory, but in practice it's like a weaker Haunted Ground. Basically, there's no reason to use any of these on their own.

THE KILLERS POWER AND KILLING POTENTIAL

Now, this is only after about 10 games...but early impressions are not good. Basically, you've created this amazing idea and backstory, with an amazing character design and power design...and imposed so many limits on it to the point where he's literally a worse Huntress. There's no reason to use him over Huntress. A good comparison would be Leatherface and Hillbilly. Currently, Leatherface is like Billy's less capable and slightly dumber brother. Deathslinger is the Leatherface to Huntress' Hillbilly; and he's like Plague in that he will need addons to be even close to viable against competent players. Now, as I said, this is an early impression, but it seems pretty black and white. Hopefully you guys don't insist on releasing a killer this weak. It's a shame, too. All that "the next killer doesn't care for loops" stuff...and pallets literally defeat the killer, lol. Big OOF.

I'm not going to write about the survivor, because after a few games with her...she's generic, and her perks, like most survivor perks lately, are niche as hell.

Comments

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 1,331

this is pretty much the best explanation of the new killer, the only advantage he has over huntress is a more accurate and faster ranged power, but it doesn't always give you a down since you have to follow it up with a m1 and it punishes you if you want to injure a survivor without hitting them with m1.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

"A worse Huntress" describes it well. Maybe the guy will get some buffs (= make it harder to wiggle off from the chain).

• beck__beck__ Member Posts: 19

His chain needs to be stronger so you can pull them round smaller loops. They seem to be able to struggle out much quicker then you would hope. If macros can be used then a struggle cap needs to go on it.

• TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 366

The question is, does his power justify him being slower? Hopefully this will be answered in the next few days.

• honestlybaffledhonestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

Indeed absolutely a worse huntress.

• baconbitzzzbaconbitzzz Member Posts: 9

another problem is that his terror radius is small and as an m1 killer, he cant use m1 killer perks as effectively such as infectus fright or something that would give him information compared to others

• FrankieFrankie Member Posts: 807

No, it doesn't. He's too slow to mind game even most small loops, and his power can't be used through a pallet because they can wiggle off the chain quickly.

Plus, people are using wiggle macros against him, and it DRASTICALLY kills his power.

they hopefully will add a maximum wiggle speed so that doest happen

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 1,200

Weird they didn't, since there is one to carry wiggle. There should be a minimum chained timer, it's a bit broken if they allow people to cheat that way by creating an autowiggle macro

someone definitively needs to make that a separate post, thats a very big problem, I would put that with bugs too

• beck__beck__ Member Posts: 19

Wondering if an injured survivor who is harpooned has a guaranteed dead hard? When you go to swing after reeling them in, do they have time to spam dead hard and avoid the hit?

This would be pretty bad.

• knjhwknjhw Member Posts: 55

This release will mark an epic journey to the landfill with no return

• p1aguep1ague Member Posts: 100

Maybe this will be an incentive to do a serious overhaul of wiggle/struggle in general even.. is there any one on either side who actually likes either of those systems? To me they're too capricious, hard on controllers, prone to glitches and weak to macros, and a more consistent mechanic that can't be gamed (e.g. just hold a button) would be better. I admit there was a really brief moment in the first match where it seemed kinda cool that you could struggle harder and get away, but that polish wore off the turd FAST. I believe that it would be cool to free up the direction inputs so they can actually influence which direction the killer gets pushed (still in predictable pulses, but in actually controlled direction where you might could mind game and make it an ACTUAL struggle on both sides to keep/alter course) during the struggling also...