Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

New Survivor Perk Feedback (Not Good)

Off the Record- It’s just bad, the perk only lasts 80 seconds (at tier 3) and ONLY activated if you are unhooked. Using Iron Will is already better than this, and as for the aura reading part; who cares? If I really wanted an aura reading block I’d just use Distortion or Sole Survivor. Plus when you’re unhooked that’s one of the only times where aura reading isn’t needed. Overall just a worthless perk, it really should do more (like remove scratch marks or remove blood) or have more ways to activate it (like completing a gen or rescuing someone).

Red Herring- I liked the idea of this, but unfortunately it’s as bad as diversion if not worse. The “work on a gen for 3 sec” part is fine, although it makes it so that you can’t really use it in chases unless you pre-setup a gen. The cooldown part of it is way too long (seriously 60 seconds? Why?) and seeing as Diversion is only 45 seconds to activate and can be used anywhere at any time, it just makes Red Herring pale in comparison. The locker part is unneeded and too luck based, chances are if you want to use the distraction, you won’t be able to because there isn’t a locker nearby. Even if there IS one, you better hope it’s not too close to the gen or else the killer can find you super easily. It really should just be usable by pressing E at any time. I also don’t know why the perk doesn’t work if a gen is completed, you should still be able to make the sound if the gen is done. Overall another bad perk, it needs something to be changed for it not to be terrible. Preferably making it not tied to lockers with a reduced cooldown then it’d at least be as useful as Diversion.

For the People- Her only good perk, but not by much. It’s essentially an old instaheal but it can only be used in other survivors and it leaves the user broken for a minute and 30 seconds. Also you are only able use it you’re full health. In order to get an effective use out of this perk you need a whole build dedicated to it which just makes the perk boring to use, because you either have a worthless perk or the same build every match. This is more of a minor gripe with it, but the perk does not work with Second Wind; meaning that instantly healing them does not fill any of the Second Wind gauge. The perk should have a lower broken time (say 60 seconds instead of 90) OR you should be able to use it while injured (still causing you to be broken).

Those are my thoughts on the PTB versions of the new survivor perk and I gotta be honest; I’m probably not going to buy the next DLC if these remain unchanged. They’re not fun to run (even Red Herring, the one I THOUGHT would be) and they’re not even good enough to make up for their lack of interest.

Comments

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,052

As for the killer perks, they’re all ok by themselves but they have the potential to be really nasty in builds (which I couldn’t properly test because I put all my points into survivor and grinding out a killer on top of that is not appealing to me).

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,099

I dont like "Off The Record" neither. Maybe in combination with Object of Obsession it can be pretty dope, but that's not a common perk either.

I disagree on Red Herring. At least the comparison to Diversion doesn't work. It has less activation time, but only inside the killer's TR. So overall it will maybe take double the time or have half the activations in total. And Diversions are somewhat easy to identify, once you got it, because you have to "aim" at vaults or stuff to make it not too obvious. Also you just have a 20m range. Red Herring can be placed way better. Especially in endgame, when you want to tap a gen for 3 sec and then go find another gen to work on, and bait the killer to that gen when you see he is facing that direction. That can buy you wquite some time to work on the gen of your choice, especially with new toolboxes that can give you the needed time. Still a niche perk though and quite hard to maneuver.

Even with those limitations on Diversion it is still a better perk because of how much less setup it takes. The overall effectiveness of Diversion is far more than Red Herring can be (and that’s after using it in multiple builds). Red Herring (and Diversion for that matter) could be far more fun and worth using if they were actually buffed.

• MyNamePeteMyNamePete Member Posts: 767

why would a killer end a chase with someone because a generator has a notification though?

That's what I mean with "hard to maneuver". You need to time it correctly so the killer has a reason to get there. As I said, when he is facing the gen, when not chasing, hop in a locker. He will go there and search for a survivor

You make it sound like that’s something super easy to pull off as a solo player. I’ve tried using it on its own, I’ve tried dedicating whole builds to it; but it’s nowhere near as good, reliable, or effective than Diversion. It’s just a bad perk.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

All three perks are pretty useless. Same procedure as every chapter.

• CrassardStreamsCrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

Survivor perks are insane I don't know what you're on about. It's an instant heal. Everyone is running Decisive strike now as long as one person has For The People nobody needs to pack Unbreakable you have infinite, instant, anti-slugging and if everyone's running Decisive Strike congrats your team is nigh untouchable.

Red Herring is great at confusing the killer either early in the game when they're looking for survivors and see a missed skill check, mid-late game if you've conditioned them to ignore missed skill checks, or even really late game if they aren't conditioned to ignore missed skill checks and they're trying to stop the last 1 or 2 gens.

Off The Record is.. basically like Lucky Break. A temporary iron will, and no aura reading works. It's not better than iron will + distortion or various combos but it's main strength is you're getting 2 benefits with 1 perk slot.

Stranger Things had 2 good ones (Inner Strength and Second Wind) and Yui has... well ok she only potentially has Any Means Necessary after they give it a buff, but she at least has SOMETHING.

Just because Off the Record has 2 perks badly put together doesn’t make it good, Iron Will even without distortion is leagues better than this perk is.

I know what the purpose of Red Herring is, it doesn’t mean it’s good though. It could be far FAR better and if it stays the same I’d just take in Diversion, which is already a bad meme perk, but at least I’d still have fun with it.

As for For the People, have you even played with this perk? Like at all? It is very situational at best and that’s IF you dedicate an entire build do it; without that build it’s a dead perk for most of the game and you’d be better off bringing DS or Unbreakable.

edited February 2020

It's not a dead perk lol. I dunno about bring self care or a medkit but as long as you have a means to get healthy you can basically give someone a second wind every minute or so. It's insanely strong you just don't seem to see the opportunities it presents.

You can run that + borrowed time for some insanely strong hook saves, no "we'll make it" or botany or whatever. It's not nearly as situational as you make it out to be, it's not hard to be healthy in most matches.

It combos with DS insanely well, as they now know they can't slug you because you have a super reliable save (a la flashlights and PTB sabos) possibly around the corner.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,502

Heaven forbid that there is thought needed and requirements for survivors perks...

Uhhh what? I’m not saying they shouldn’t have requirements, I’m saying that for what they require the payoff and execution is not good. Inner Strength is a perk that has a requirement that has a good payoff, Adrenaline is a perk that has a requirement with a good (but boring) payoff, Aftercare is a perk with a requirement that has a good payoff, Head On is a perk with a requirement that has a good payoff, Diversion is a perk with a requirement that has a fun payoff, etc. The problem here isn’t that they have requirements, the problem is that they’re just bad perks.

For The People is insanely good, and combos nicely with so many other things. Mainly Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Self Care (so you're always healthy) Empathy (to go seek out people to insta-heal) etc. Although a medkit is better than self care obv.

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 1,214

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a good perk

An insta-heal is still an insta-heal, even if it's very situational. Someone wounded gets downed at the gate, instaheal and run out the gate while the killer is cleaning their weapon.

Killer slugged someone and chasing someone else? insta-heal the slugged survivor and run off elsewhere to heal before killer comes back

fully healed with decisive strike ready? instaheal someone else and take a hit, stun the killer and run off (or with mettle of man, for the few who still use that perk)

there are a lot of situations where the instaheal will be useful

There’s a huge difference between me not liking something and me thinking something is bad. I think Pop Goes the Braincell is a good perk, but I hate using it because of how mindless it is. I also think that Adrenaline is also a great perk, but just like Pop I find it boring, even though it’s requirement is larger. I like the idea behind all of her perks, but the execution is bad. This isn’t a case of me saying it’s not good because I don’t like it, it’s just not a good perk. I could run Autodidact, Botany, or We’ll Make It and have a more effective time with what For the People tries to do. Sure it’s not an INSTANT heal but it’s pretty damn close and it doesn’t have the major setbacks or super situational-ness of For the People.

edited February 2020

How did I say it is easy to play? I said it is hard to use. And so far you are all ignoring that Diversion needs to hit actual targets correctly, or it will be pretty easy to discover that it was a pebble. Didn't happen just once to me, on both sides.

To @Marcavecunc and @CrassardStreams this perk is far from infinite unless you want to waste tons of time using selfcare. And you somehow forget that this is not an insta heal but a heal trade. Net you heal nothing, just apply broken to one survivor. Raising slugged people is the only difference because then you have 2 people being able to act instead of one. But the situations you describe are to save a game that is normally lost. One healthy survivor and one slugged traded for two injured. Wouldn't take long until one of them is down again. And to save someone downed at the gate IS indeed pretty contitional, as well as the other situations described, and only works if the down was inside the gate. If you need to start the interaction, press the button and then both start to run without the sprint burst you get from a hit, you don't get very far.

Sure you net nothing but you're still shifting that stuff around. It means 3 whole hits to down the person with borrowed time you unhooked. It means saving someone at exit gates, it means that person was downed and dead on hook has a new lease on life.

Survivors control how fast the game goes with gens and looping. Not the killer. Using time to heal is hardly a problem usually, since it's the killer that's left in the dust with gen speeds anyway.

There is so much wrong with this statement I don’t even know where to start.