Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

The New Sabo Is NOT Okay, and here is why.

Howdy, It's Vigo Here! I am a killer main however I do have more than 400 hours on survivor, I win roughly 85% of survivor matches I am in due to recent changes but thats before the sabo thing. I got roughly 1.6k hours on DBD so while I am not the best I know what I am talking about.

I spent all day testing the new killer, and Doctor, tomorrow I plan on testing survivor. The new sabo is not only unneeded I think that its broken and lacks meaningful counter play. One of the things I found out is that while interrupting the sabo attempt, the blood whip animation is longer than the destory hook 2.5 seconds from saboteur. So even I make it to a hook, and I have enough time to hit the same survivor twice I don't get the benefit of actually hooking the person.

With out any planning 1 survivor can deny a hook guaranteed, with zero counter play on the killers part "Unless maybe a few stacks of STBFL?"

Thats not cool, the Devs know a lost hook is devastating and now you got teams of people all running Sabo with some combination of break out or sprint burst to deny hooks because If you make it to the hook, you get to deny the kill.

I was understanding when I heard the change, I figured hey maybe its not so bad but in play this is genuinely the worst thing. Survivors clicking flash lights as you litterally cannot do anything to stop it.

I will quit playing killer if this change goes to live. Honestly the sabo should be closer to 6-8 seconds and it should require real effort from the survivor. To compensate for being able to pull this off, lots of bp, altruism and boldness should be awarded for the event. I see this happen to regularly and I am starting to feel like its 2016 again with the infinite loops.

I've supported this game for years now, I bought all of the DLC, I spent too much money in the cosmetic store and this change, haha this change broke me...

Comments

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 792

Expect a hell of a lot more slugging at minimum, if it goes live I'll probably quit for good too, the nurse, spirit, and ruin nerfs put me mostly there already, I play 70% less than I did before that fukstorm of nerfs trashed the game

• Its_Vigo_HereIts_Vigo_Here Member Posts: 118

Everything else about this update is pure gold, the new killer feels hella fun to play... I just can't take the ######### behavior from survivors anymore and I don't like enabling it any further. This game is already unwelcoming to new players as is.

Oh man, imagine 4 swf red teams doing against all the r17 new killers; immediate uninstalls. I don't recommend or promote the game to anyone anymore, bhvr is extremely lucky Last Year isn't on console

I would not go that far, Last Year is a very different game.

DbD has gone so horribly downhill so fast I booted F13th back up and would play it exclusively if it was still getting content updates. I'll take whatever I can get and Last Year would at least have better balance

• ArthurFiNCHrArthurFiNCHr Member Posts: 78

Pretty funny I would say. You're trying to say that there is no counter play for it, but in reallity there is Agitation and Iron Grasp those makes your way to another hook way easier, but that's obvious and I'am sure that after 1.6k hours you knew that as well. The thing that makes me laugh is that " I've supported this game for years now, I bought all of the DLC, I spent too much money in the cosmetic store and this change, haha this change broke me... " I see that in almost every thread about nerfing something.

" I think that's OP and I supported your game by buying DLC's so you guys should listen to me, because you don't know ######### about making games. "

• JFFJFF Member Posts: 163

I'm honestly surprised people complain about new sabo. In my opinion it got worse, than what it is now. On live build you can literally do 99% and deny hooking by destroying it in front of the killer. New sabo compared to old one has a huge cooldown and takes a lot of durability from toolbox. With the current hook distribution and hook respawn twice as fast, I don't really see it as big issue as you make it seem to be.

They can deny a hook if they make it to the hook before you and there is nothing the killer can do about it. They also can be near the hook before a killer gets there using break out which will deny a hook. Denying a hook is far easier and requires little effort on the survivor's part so instead of it being a skilled decision made ahead of time its now something that anyone can do, quickly, which in the end adds a significant amount to the killer chase time or denies VERY IMPORTANT HOOKS. Sometimes we need someone to die and trading with someone whos never been hooked before can absolutely ruin game.

I work for my kills and they should not be easily denied, the old way was FAAAAAAR better because at least then it required effort and it rarely happened. When it did it was almost impressive and I'd say good game now its a ######### meme people can spam. 4 people saboing like they are now feels like the old insta blind flash lights. Thats not good and its very frustrating and just #########, If your going to do this ######### let me have SOME ######### way to counter it but you can't you just can't.

Your right Aggitation might help you make it to a second hook but honestly I am talking about base kit. If I don't have aggitation or Iron Grasp unlocked there is jack ######### I can do against a jake park with this perk equiped. Why rest the progress on the hook sabo if they can sabo it faster than I can go in for a second attack. Why give the survivor the ability to deny kills and hooks with very little effort required, not to mention making it to a second hook is not that difficult if the survivor has the right amount of perks or is running the sabo squads I am seeing now. This is not skilled play its too much power given to a single perk. Losing ONE Hook can lose you a game now we are giving survivors a way to deny several with no planning and little effort and that is just #########. Especially for new players who might end up spending longer amounts of time in chase.

• Whiskers93Whiskers93 Member Posts: 95

So then you're down a perk slot for a perk that is just for carrying people instead of what they ar currently absolutely necessary for which is slowing the game down and finding survivors

ALSO don't forget that Iron Grasp and Aggitation does not fully counter these sabos as your still wasting more time hooking instead of trying to apply pressure else where

• SquidFacedManSquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148

Let's take two perks to somewhat counter something basic that survivors can do by taking a common item. Very cool and balanced.

Also what the hell is being nerfed here?! Hooking?! You think hooking survivors should be nerfed? What planet are you on?

• ArthurFiNCHrArthurFiNCHr Member Posts: 78

Reading comprehension dude... I didin't said that new sabo is a nerf, I said that this thread is about nerfing the PTB sabo change already.

Well, that's pretty clear for me. It's also about a perk slot for me if I as a survivor want bring new sabo to the game.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,066

If you can hit the other survivor twice, then you got the trade right? You still have your hook.

• JunaliusJunalius Member Posts: 1

I mean, 2.5 seconds is pretty short, but you kinda forget (or choose to do so) that new Hangsman actually lets you know when there is a survivor near by a hook, so you can avoid all the sabotaging by simply going to another hook. If you have no hook nearby, just slug. Honestly, Sabo buff is countered by Hangsman buff.

Think again, the hoook infront of you is now destoryed further more you could be trading a kill for a never before hooked survivor meaning your giving up more pressure. Not to mention you still gotta walk to another hook where the process can begin all over again. Your also not calculating the time you waste by going through a stun, picking up another survivor "Risking a flashlight save" and walking all the way to another hook. Due to hook spacing you got quite the journey ahead of you and body blocking will be fairly easy due to the distance.

Taking a perk to counter a common rarity tool box is kinda ######### extreme don't you think? I don't think a nerf to hooking is really necessary considering the system we had before was so much better due to the set up and cordination it took. It actually was kinda impressive if you pulled it off now its terrible. Slugging while an effective tool a killer has is also really, REALLY ######### for the survivor who now has to sit on the ground for a good chunk of time doing absolutely nothing. If I work for a hook, *IE Chase someone for up to a couple of minutes" It should be difficult to take away my reward.

If they keep trading places, they aren't doing gens and are probably hurt and will go down in 1 hit.

They either heal, or they ######### up and I either get a hook and a down or I get to the basement

Again, it takes time to walk to a new hook and trading a never before hooked survivor for a survivor whos been hooked before can absolutely ruin games and theres zero you can do about it unless you bring a perk to specifically counter it. The fact I might have to take a perk to counter a common rarity item is bullshit. Denying hooks should be something that takes great effort, skill and cordination to pull off not something a lone survivor can do despite what the killer does.

Time doesn't matter if no one is working on gens. That's the thing.

Just 2 people can't waste that much time. They basically have exactly 1 trade (and you can still chase and down the one that got out before you hook the sabo guy, giving you 2 hooks. Unless someone goes pick the guy up, but again, who's working on gens at that point?)

But then someone will come and use fir the people and instantly get the person you downed back up

And now 2 people are injured and you still have a downed guy

Are you deliberately being stupid so you cant see why this is all bad?

You shouldn't insult people, it's against forum rules.

And I do see how it could be bad. But a bad argument is a bad argument, get better ones.

People are still working on gens... and your still giving up valuable time in this trade because someone who could be on second or last hook could be trading for someone on first, and further more your at serious risk for a flash light save. Being injured means absolutely nothing unless your able to keep them injured which is something that can be done rather fast these days. A injured person can still work on gens, a person who got saved from last hook can work on a LOT of gens, and this still leaves two people too work on gens. Not to mention the guy doing the unhook only has to get off a gen for two seconds to make this happen, no set up apply.

• JFFJFF Member Posts: 163

They can do it on live build as well, which can be even worse, because they can deny hooks without being hit once. On the other hand if you try to deny hooks on PTB, you usually end up being hit or downed. If anything, I'd be more than happy if sabo change didn't go through and stay the same as it is on live version.

It also took much more time and had to be cordinated ahead of time. Meaning it was not something done quite a few times in a single match by a single person. It was also a skillful play which meant that I was less frustrated in the end because I understood the effort it took and that means I also kept them off of gens for a longer period of time. This means I successfully atleast applied pressure somewhere else in the game. Being injured does not win games, but reducing the amount of time on gens and getting hooks do.

BUT I CAN AGREE WITH ONE THING, I'd prefer the change not to go through as well.

This weird set up you invisioned of constant hook denials has no room for someone to be working on a gen.

And if there's just 2 people, down both and then hook.

If getting the first is so important, go after him. What's stoping you? You still have pressure in the form of the recently downed guy right there.

• ClawsOfHellClawsOfHell Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2020

"Has no room for someone working on a gen" so see this video

https://youtu.be/OnNn-NyBpRg

Gens are flying and they are sabo swf this new update it's broken everybody that disagree with that are used to play with bad survivors who don't know what they doing every match that i play being killers or survivor in less than 40s one gen pop with just 2 people working on there's no necessity to be the four survivors to make sabo viable, two on the gens and the other two following you around and breaking hooks it's enough that's clear on the video and Monto was playing for fun not to win.

If you play killer you probrably know that always there's the bait survivor and the flashlight rescuer running around you if you're dumb and chase the bait survivor the other two survivors on the match will go through gens very fast so again there's no need to be for survivors sabotaging hooks to make this new meta viable.