Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Do you think Deathslinger’s power justifies him being slower?

Comments

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

I am just really surprised that after all what happened with legion we see yet another killer apply deep wounds. 😁

• inferjusinferjus Member Posts: 479

He has small terror radius and power that is quite weak, but can help with catching survivors. I think his slower movement speed is justified by those two traits.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

Huntress probably shouldn't be 110 and he looks like budget Huntress so far so nah

There's still a chance some tech is discovered or idk tho, let's wait til the end of the PTB and see

• SkelemaniaSkelemania Member Posts: 227

100%

But also, Hillbilly needs changed.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

I heard that you can't drag survivors over pallets with his harpoon. So he seems like a weaker Huntress in that case. And in my opinion, even Huntress doesn't deserve 110% speed ( because 110% for a killer with no mobility power really sucks ).

• ZenroZenro Member Posts: 155

I mean not really that similar minus they both have projectiles. Other than that they are extremely different...

• honestlybaffledhonestlybaffled Member Posts: 175
    edited February 18

No, simply because not only huntress has bigger hitbox on the hatchets, but she can also down survivors THROUGH loops, which is basically a better version of Deathslinger.

So no, doesn't justify.

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 481

yes, he’s a range killer and deserves slower speed.

• LeyoyoLeyoyo Member Posts: 102

Make his power stronger or be 115%

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,986

I would say not quite, but I don't think he will need any significant buffs. I feel like 4.5 M/S would fit perfectly on him.

The biggest problem I see with him is that when you miss just one shot, you either have to reload, which allows survivors to gain more distance on you, or have to try and chase survivors with 110% movement speed. Missing a shot already results in a cooldown that slows him down, so maybe letting him move at 100% speed, just as fast as running survivors, while reloading, would help him become more viable.

It's too early to say though right now.

The hitbox of his harpoon needs to be increased a bit though, right now it's possible to shoot right through survivors.

• AngerydogeAngerydoge Member Posts: 69

Yeah but I think the range should be increase a bit.

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 869
    edited February 19

My initial impressions after a lot of games is I don't feel like it's completely justifiable. He needs something but honestly I don't know what it would be. The only reason I feel as though his movement speed is below average is because his terror radius. I feel like the terror radius is needed so he can get close enough to harpoon people without them running off.

Personally I feel like he could have normal movement speed and 24m TR and be fine if the rest of his kit remained unchanged. Although again I need to play more my opinion may change but he's essentially just an m1 killer who needs to skillfully land all shots on his power to perform like other killers since his map pressure is bad. There are so many things that can get in between a survivor and the killer including other survivors so I don't find his current state justifiable. Although it's not by much that I feel like he's in need of a buff. He feels like he just needs one tiny thing.

tl;dr - I would make him normal movement speed but keep the 24m TR.

• GrazoxGrazox Member Posts: 43

This sums up my thoughts perfectly. He needs something, but it's not obvious what that is. His chase is good, but his map pressure is trash, which is the same reason Huntress has fallen out of the meta.

Honestly, it may just be that we need maps shrunk down since size has beenan issue capping the potential of most Killers.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 684

Drop a pallet early, and there's nothing he can do to you. He becomes a 4.4 m/s killer with no power.

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 481

He can break the pallet :| THAT’S an option, ya know?

• KurosujiKurosuji Member Posts: 27
    edited February 19

I don't actually. His power is nice but it's not enough for pallet loops, also he has no pressure on the map. He's basically a weaker huntress. At this point the best way to play him is to slug, which sucks and is completely boring, but good luck at slowing down them gens without doing it. The only way it does actually feel balanced is if you had Nemesis and PWYF. Coming up with a build for him has been very annoying as well, I've found decent perk synergies, but nothing seems to be working and getting 3 or 4 mans is extremely difficult. So in conclusion, you're better off playing as huntress if you want to play a range killer and actually win or at least draw most of your matches.

Also, playing as survivor against him. He feels like a giant pushover. Once you learn how his power works, there is no fearing him and that's sad perception to have already for a new killer.

He's amazing looking killer and cool power, but he needs to go 5% faster or gens need to slow down.

• honestlybaffledhonestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

You completely missed the point, but I assume you're joking.

• CrassardStreamsCrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

Unlike huntress the spear itself doesn't really hurt you, it's easy to break, easy to avoid (small hitbox on the projectile) and has limited range (unlike huntress)

I think he could be regular speed since while the spear is nice, he's ultimately just reeling you into m1 you anyway and it's often better in his case to just m1 and not use his power lol.

• SquidFacedManSquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148

He's painfully slow combined with his reload and stun. Not sure why these need to be as long as they are if his speed is 110%

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,623
    edited February 19

I think the fact that he still struggles against pallets (especially in a way that Huntress does not) makes me lean toward no. I may have initially said in another thread today that the fact that he has a projectile that can kinda sorta damage Survivors means he should be at 110%, but I don't think I feel that way anymore.

• mEkbOkmEkbOk Member Posts: 1

He is not the worst killer right now, but he is not good in his current state. There are many buffs that could solve his issues and make him a solid killer. One that I've seen allot is to increase his speed to 115% (normal killer speed) which I personally dislike as improvements to his ability would provide more fun and power to him in a more unique form. One thing that I believe he needs no matter what other buffs he gets is an increase to his projectile speed as having to lead shots is very difficult when survivors have such unrestricted movement and can easily avoid it. This will make him easier to Use in long range situations. The other buffs can be applied to him individually but this one is necessary.

One way to buff him would be to allow him to perform break actions from at range using his gun. They would still take the same time to break but would improve his ability to pressure gens. It would also allow him to open breakable walls and pallets while in different positions to allow for more strategy when chasing. An option if this isn't good enough is to let him slowly move while doing this, allowing him to reposition while performing breaks. I've felt that his ability to pressure gens is really bad and allowing him to break them from at range would reduce the time to patrol other gens or chase survivors as he wouldn't have to walk over to them and then walk back.

Another solution is to give him more power when dealing with pallet loops. By allowing him to hook a survivor on the other side of the pallet and dragging them into it to break it would help match his ability to drag people back to windows. Obviously he would still get stunned and the survivor would still get deep wound (and injured if healthy) as if the chain was breaking like normal.

The last thing you could do is make survivors become broken if hooked while already injured, allowing him to keep survivors pressured, and allowing him to play with slowdown perks such as thanatophobia. This both allows him to slowdown gen speeds and play the juggle game. It also allows him to strategize whether he wants to wait for an opportune moment to hook and down a survivor, or to get him broken and go after others.

I still love playing him as he is. He is really fun but he will defenentaly struggle in high ranks without a proper buff. I hope the devs can see this and all other suggestions in order to turn him into the killer he deserves to be.

• BardBard Member Posts: 291

Right now? No.

They need to make the power's lethality more reliable if they want him to be a 110 killer.

Make chain rips on deep wounded survivors reduce the timer by 40%, so they go down after the fourth rip.

Either that or make him 115%.

• TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 366

As cool as those ideas are, I don’t think it tackles his problem well. He’s good in chase, but his map pressure is really bad. The idea that he could break gens at a distance with his power is cool and all, but there are plenty of maps that wouldn’t give him an opportunity like that. And even if he could, I don’t think it’s so much.

As boring as it may be, I think his movement speed should be buffed to 4.6 m/s (115%)

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

Kinda? It really depends on the map honestly.

Open, small maps with low debris, he's great. Large maps, he struggles.

• HelterSeltzerHelterSeltzer Member Posts: 24

The fact that Caleb has a 24m radius and no 'lullaby' makes him fine with that speed penalty. Couple that with Monitor and he can sneak up on you if you are not paying attention. People comparing him to Huntress, I feel, people are looking at it the wrong way. The Plague is more like Huntress. Deathslinger is a bit more like Demo, HOWEVER, Caleb has potential in that you can out position survivors with your harpoon and still reel them in at windows where other killers cannot. As the Slinger, you have to take into account that you fishing out the survivors is part of the chase. He has potential to end chases quicker than some. We are at the second day. Let's see how more people figure him out.

• ToastfaceKillaToastfaceKilla Member Posts: 468

From about 15 games-

I'd say he could use some buffs, i'm not sure 115% would be justified as-is, as there are a lot of loops that the harpoon negates pretty well, and once you get good at landing them, he can be very strong.

The only issue is that his slow speed along with having to reel a survivor in/potentially missing shots makes him very slow, with the rewards for a tricky power not being that great-

I think he could use one or some of these in combination-

115% mabye, possibly with added idle sway to ads to balance things.

If he remains 110%-

Either a slightly larger/more consistent hitbox/harder to break the chain/2 or 3 shots before reloading or injuring survivors on-hit.

Right now there is a lot of ways to counter the spear, and compared to huntress he is punished a lot more in terms of time for any mistakes.

Really having the less-lethal power should either be easier to hit consitently, or have increased lethality. imo, early days but I get the feeling his is a little under-turned compared to the rest of the killers, but by no means trash.

• TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 366

I agree with you in the fact he is pretty strong in chase. My only problem with him is is map presence. He may be great in the 1v1, but having map pressure is definitely his weak point and is often his downfall from my experience.

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Yes.

• GibberishGibberish Member Posts: 409

No, his power is nowhere near the same level of strength as Nurse/Hag/Spirit/Huntress, there is no reason he should have a reduced movement speed.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Nah, I think he'd be a bit stronger. Even with lesser map pressure, his 3 gen potential and ridiculous chase (In a balanced map design world, this is) would be much stronger than both Spirit and Hag. Plus, he actually works with STBFL, so he could have a devastating combo with that.