Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Disconnected

I was disconnected from the server and it gave me a penalty, rank error and no bloodpoints this is becoming a repetitive thing it’s extremely frustrating doing the objectives progressing through the game and then dealing with such an error but then add insult to injury and get penalized for it is just obsurde I also completed my archive stun the killer 4x and didn’t get that. I guess my question is......can something be done about this error?

Answers

• LoralLoral Member Posts: 15

Actually I'm having issues with this as well. I can be doing everything possible and everything is stuck in motion in one spot but myself.

Earlier today I had an two issues spread out over at least 10 or more matches. Hadn't had a problem all day after. Later tonight, just now, I had another sever issue and I got a 15 minute penalty. Like can I NOT play this game without a sever issue PLUS being penalized for the sever issue? Also what are the increments and how long are these "diminishing effects" from penalties? Like going A LOT of matches without a server issue and than boom "here is a 15 minute penalty even though you didn't DC and still have your connection to the internet......" doesn't seem fair imo. Like is this on a 24 hour diminishing? HOURS will make this broken imo.

Also I'd like to get to lvl 68 in the battle pass, but if this is going to hinder me, I will NOT be buying the battle pass or future ones over server DC penalties. I feel like I got to grind as is, but not with this, what feels like, absurd penalty and diminishing system.

• define_squishydefine_squishy Member Posts: 6

Nope, it doesn't matter if it's been 24 or 48 hours, the penaltys keey arising. It was like 5 min, 15 min, 30min, 1 hour, 6 hours.... After that idk I stopped playing last night. And all those penaltys lead up to 6 hours because of dbd game errors kicking me out mid game. I've complained on Twitter, no response. Good luck.

Thanks for that info. That means diminishing penalties are non-existent atm :(

...and ouch 6 hours over this. I'll take the rage DCs over this nonsense since these server issues have been an issue since April 2019, if not sooner. At least I can still play the game at that point.

• define_squishydefine_squishy Member Posts: 6

I can actually update that last night from the 6 hours penalty..it went up to 24 hours. Another lousy dbd DC error from my first game after not playing all day cause I was at work. Im going to stop wasting $ and playing till I hear them fixing it.

Yeah that is pretty bad that you get tokens but you can't lose them.

How many matches does it take for a DC? I've noted 4 matches on my end before it happens. I'm planning to test shutting the game down before doing a 5th, thus resetting the match count so to speak. I'm not sure if it will work or help, but it's worth testing. If I have anything I'll update.

So far it seems that if I relaunch DBD every four games, though I've been doing roughly three, that I'm not having an issue with the game/server DCs. It's by all means not a fix, but hopefully a remedy to enjoy the fog without having to deal with a penalty "timeout."

• xclusiveply1xclusiveply1 Member Posts: 3

The thing is we shouldn’t have to do this they do all these updates but can’t fix those error and disconnected bugs shame on the devs now we have to be penalized because of them they should take the penalty off until they fix it it’s ridiculous already especially if your playing with friends getting kicked out all the time most likely if it doesn’t get fix I won’t play anymore until it does

I agree and apparently was just lucky while I was testing things. I just played TWO matches and was DC by server and got a 15 minute penalty. Games broken as it stands, granted not as bad for some people as others.

• wojtechwojtech Member Posts: 133
    edited February 27

I use this in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

[HTTP]

HttpConnectionTimeout=120

and I didn't have any DC so far.

Post edited by wojtech on
  • xclusiveply1xclusiveply1 Member Posts: 3

I’m on PS4 is this for the PC?

Yes it's for the PC, but if there is a way to edit config file on PS4 you can try it.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,992

Huh, that connection timeout thing is handy to know. Sounds like it might be set too low as default.

I don't have PS4 to test it but you can try to enable/disable Cross Play in settings.

edited February 29

I got the right file, but I can't seem to find this. Do I have to add "HttpConnectionTimeout=120" myself?

edit: I assume it doesn't matter where it would go either in there

Yes add these two lines but put it inside Engine.ini file, it's in the same directory. And if you copy/paste, remove that empty line in between

[HTTP]

HttpConnectionTimeout=120

OKay ty. So far I've done three matches in a row without any issues, but that seems to be a happy medium 85% for me. I'll give it a harder test when I'm playing later with a few friends.

edited March 1

So I've tested it further and this time it said 'host disconnected,' but everyone was still playing and it still gave me a DC penalty. I guess I'm not lucky for that :(

Ty for the help. It was worth a shot.

I am removing that though. Friend says it shows me still in. I'd rather people know I'm out if it's going to happen. Either way I'm being penalized, so I might as well let people know I'm out.

Next time this happens close the game and attach DeadByDaylight.log file. You can find it at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs

It may help to track down the issue.

Here's mine Engine.ini file, if you want you can try it.

edited March 1

That was my last log. First game since last nights DC. I'm going to look at your and compare what I got with mine. Maybe even use what you got. I could have things down wrong for all I know.

Also tyvm for your help and time.

Got through 2 and 3/4ths of a match and still had a DC.

I wish I understood things so I'd have a better understanding and maybe be able to fix this. At least I can navigate files. One point? maybe?

It seem there is a problem with network connection.

Have you tried this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153/master-fixes-and-general-guidelines

Follow these steps if you experience connection issues.

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run"
    2. Type "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter to bring up "Command Prompt"
    3. First, type "ipconfig /release" (without quotes) and hit enter.
    4. Second, type "ipconfig /renew" (without quotes) and hit enter
    5. Lastly, type "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes) and hit enter
    6. We also advise repairing / reinstalling EAC
    7. Restart your computer

edited March 4

Well doing that it turns out I had missing "connections." I only had one active and dumped them and then renewed and had for things show up. That may have been the issue. I've only gotten past four matches atm, so we'll she how it goes with a few more. If I got more I'll check one more thing in there that caught my eye for a possible issue.

• Got past 7 matches without an issue. Looking good so far.

Tonight my first match was fine. Go to unhook someone in the next match............ DC for one hour. .......8 good matches since last night and one hour. .....still broken in more ways than one. Guess I'm done for the night. Why am I try again?

On a further look, it looks like I have to troubleshoot why my ethernet keeps dropping and that I have to renew it. Router is new, so maybe it's the cables. I'm being doubtful, but we shall see.

Post edited by Loral on