Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is dbd running out of original thoughts and ideas ?

2»

Comments

• Reaper_xxReaper_xx Member Posts: 173

Disagree on the Survivor background. Jane is a talk show host. Jane is the Devs interpretation of Oprah Winfrey. The survivor is an Investigating Journalist.

• MissMoraMissMora Member Posts: 28

honestly kind of gross to label something japanese as weeby since ya know Japanese culture is more than anime but that's just my opinion.

also the trapper is literally just generic slasher, they haven't run out of ideas since most of them have been gradually getting more and more far from the typical slasher horror genre

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2020

Oprah who was told not to be so sjw or the man will cancel her show. A biker chick who using her feminist powers to fight off rapists gained world famous notoriety. A famous journalist who got her story twisted by misogynists!

Not saying those aren't realistic scenarios but all the previous survivors were nobodies who wandered into the fog. Made them feel more relatable? I dunno. Just waiting for Dweet to turn out to be a small business owner who was run out of business by big pharma and his homosexual wedding was ruined by neo nazis. He used to just be the pizza guy and occasional hipster.

Oh, then there's the player tasked with killing these characters....

• yikersyikers Member Posts: 94
    edited February 2020

So its like Nancy, but Jane is in the same ballpark too. Not much creativity i would say with these job descriptions.

• QuakeQuake Member Posts: 230
    edited February 2020

This is an example of a killer I would love to see in the future.A bat like killer with an ability to fly to catch survivors.

edit: I dont know if u can see the jpeg I'm on android right now but it s marcus from underworld I'm talking about.

• batmanscarbatmanscar Member Posts: 466

I find all the killers to be unique and new with new powers even though there are some that I personally don't like

• Animalheadskull Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

This killer kinda reminds me of Jeepers Creepers tho, what if this was that license?

• RussianSpyPigeonRussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83

No but I want a survivor with no parent issues or struggles in life. I don't just want a survivor with simply parent issues or "Got lost in the woods and was never seen again". I want a killer that's similar to Clown's story. One that actually describes how he killed and why he turned into a killer. Clown really has the best story, you cannot change my mind.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,287

I personally like doc and hag storyline then clown. Clown should have some high school clothes considering he was a star athlete.

• Human_GiraffeHuman_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

There's no such thing as an "Original Idea" scientists proved in a study that new ideas are just your brain taking things it already knows and mashing them together.

• RussianSpyPigeonRussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83

Doc also had an interesting backstory. An outfit that I really want for clown is a Pogo the clown outfit or an Easter bunny one.

• Reaper_xxReaper_xx Member Posts: 173

Jane is a host of a show and talk about the subject and get people help. Deals with Trends and pop culture

Nancy works for newspaper company. She is an apprentice to be a journalist. Deals with local stories

The survivor makes documentaries. She investigates scandals and crimes

• kidmaxxkidmaxx Member Posts: 57

While normally I despise justice warrior characters in video games, in a game where I'm a killer I don't mind too much 😂

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,663

probably, theres a whole lot of characters already in game, it was bound to happen that theyd run out of unique ideas.

that being said, i still think every chapter has something that’s extremely unique to it.

• TheAntiSantaTheAntiSanta Member Posts: 122

Imagine thinking "justice warrior stuff" has no place in horror. Imagine it. Like, c'mon, the best horror movies have always been about that "justice warrior stuff."

• yikersyikers Member Posts: 94
    edited February 2020

Seems like random generic female media person nr 1 2 3.

Where the women at that works in the coal mines, daycare, military, law enforcment etc. Those 3 are basicly the same.

Post edited by yikers on
  • ZamblotZamblot Member Posts: 270

I agree with your point about the Oni being a rehash however not with the gunslinger. The only similar thing about the killers is that they both have range, adding a range killer does not mean they have ripped off the huntress, especially since he plays really uniquely

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 4,135

I wish the DBD people would look into peoples suggestions for Killers and cosmetics more, i see so many people here with great talent and come up with so many ideas and for survs as well. The people here are screaming out what they want, and so if we can't get some obvious licensed killers too maybe we need to look at less licensed ones but i wish the Devs took note on peoples ideas here.

• MasterGritMasterGrit Member Posts: 329

Still have The Entity , Vigo , Benedict Baker , The Alchemist though LOL

• MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Agreed, if you showed me four years ago the Deathslinger and told me to pick between the Trapper, Billy, and Wraith; it would be no competition for me.

Can't use Jeepers Creepers, guy who made it is a huge pedo.

Exactly, I can't believe that some people just lump these three distinctly different ladies into the same SJW grouping simply because of what they do and what they went through. We have so many average Joe Shmoes at this point, it doesn't hurt to have some variety. Our only famous survivor is Jane, while Zarina is famous in the underground indie film scene.

• NakedwildmanNakedwildman Member Posts: 198

Even if i had to Play Nurse only for 2 Years, if in the meantime every other Bug gets fixxed, i would agree...

New Content brings new problems, and if the old ones arent even fixed, they will start off again with "priorizing" stuff, and in the end, all that gets forgotten and we get instead of it some new ingame skins... and then they will claim being the "generous" Dev´s by giving out skins that nobody likes.... its frustrating... But i guess we will have to accept it, or we dont, and hit uninstall and done...

But ive learned to accept it. Dbd cant be my maingame due to the decisions that are taken. I go online, play 2-3 matches, never look at the overpriced battlepass or in general, i dont even try to get it done and ya... By watching from the Point, "i dont care cosmeitcs or items" and i do play only for the purpose of pissing off some survs, im pretty fine with dbd.

For any other fun i got other "Survivor vs Killer" Games.

• Divinitye9Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

I don’t think that they have run out of ideas. I do like how they are starting to further expand upon creating killers from different time eras. We got a Feudal Japan killer with Oni, Plague from Babylonia, and now cowboy scorpion. They have honestly opened a huge gate with different types of killers.

On a note, I am still waiting for a dark and corrupted knight of some sort. Walking in and flailing around with a huge claymore would make for some good times I think.

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 687

Honestly, once you cover projectiles, bludgeoning, and knives there just isn't much in the way of killing that will make another unique kill style unless they use telepathy or something to kill the survivor. Deathslinger has two things in common with Huntress, he's 110 movement speed and he essentially launches a projectile. I think the way in which he reels you in is very innovative and scary (albeit the fear will wear off soon). He is a fun killer to go against and play as and he isn't annoying for either side, except for people who maybe think he should move faster. No killer is going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I doubt any of us could do any better than Behavior. Sure, we have ideas that we think would go over well but writing something on paper and implementing it in an established game is leagues apart.