Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Scotts video shows how unreliable Deathslinger and dedicated are

if anyone hasn’t seen it yet, @Peanits id love to hear your internet lag, personal connection? Pull box, aim dressing or whatever other excuse you guys can come up with to explain this...

@ScottJund goes frame by frame and shows how bad this experience is for BOTH survivor and killers.

Comments

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Also, I’d anyone thinks this is one person watch someone else play him... I swear I saw OhTofu say dozens of times the past couple nights, “what How is that not a hit?” when he’s shooting someone almost point blank and misses causing a lot of wasted time.

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

cool

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 475

Yup this was obvious from the first time I played him. Cool concept, not great execution.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 943

I'm not surprised looking at how plague can puke on survivors but they don't get sick but do the animation. It is what it is, he'll be a worse huntress unless they make him a 115% killer or make him more forgiving because that spear is the size of a pen i swear lol.

• HP150HP150 Member Posts: 429
    edited February 2020

Just make the spear hitscan and be done with it. The harpoons hitbox is too small, the survivor hitbox too inconsistent, and the servers too unreliable. Huntress already fulfills the niche a projectile-based killer who requires leading shots and accounting for projectile speed (obviously with the advantage of range+not being completely cucked by body blocking / a small piece of knee-high debris).

I suppose Deathslinger is supposed to fulfill the niche of short-range but accurate ranged killer. Not possible when the hitboxes/servers aren't accurate.

• VigilStrangeVigilStrange Member Posts: 57

Which is exactly what the OP did. They didn't form their own opinion, they latched on to someone else's opinion, I countered with someone else's opinion. He said "X streamers doesn't like him."

At no point did I say, or infer "Just get good bro". I said "Then don't play him" and "Have fun".

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,062
    edited February 2020

A valid point! And pointing out the inconsistency is what Scott did. The OP here slammed their hand on the table and said "Peanits! Explain this!" It is neither constructive or providing solutions to "Fix the problem".

To the point of "Just don't play him", from MY standpoint, I don't like The Nurse. I think even after her rework/nerf/whatever, she's not fun to play as or against. She's a killer on my playlist, I have all of her Teachables thanks to the Shrine, but I haven't put a single bloodpoint into her, and I refuse to play her. It's been so long since she came out I don't recall if I paid for her DLC or if she was free, but I still want to support the devs and this game, so I would pay for her, even if I never play her. The same can be done for Deathslinger.

Changes will come to him, if not from this beta testing, then later down the road, just like most of the killers are getting changes. When they do, some people will play him more, others will play him less. That's just how things go in a game that is ever changing.

Edited to add, this was in reply to TKTK, I just forgot to hit the quote button. They said...

"Telling people "just don't play him" is probably not what the devs would want I assume they want everyone to play every killer. If they do change him a bit to be more consistent, it's not gonna ruin the fun other people are already having with him."

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227
    edited February 2020

I commented on his video but...

This is honestly not surprising to me. I've seen similar kinds of BS in other online shooters that use dedicated servers. This is actually kind of normal. You miss but still hit. You hit but it's actually a miss. It's same #########, different game. Play a game on dedi's with kill cams and you will see the same thing. Dude will be aiming at where you were a few seconds ago but you still get hit. I've been shot through walls so many times in Gears of War 4 that it's just how things are at this point.

It's dumb, but it's not anything new.

And I doubt there is much they can do to fix this since you literally can't make light go faster. They even said in the last stream it's extremely difficult to make everyone's machine show the EXACT same thing at the EXACT same time because there will always be a difference in timings due to latency. This isn't exclusive to DBD, all games have to deal with this. They can dress it up and hide it to some degree, but there will always be discrepancies.

I think making the hitbox bigger would only make it more BS on the survivor side. Might feel better as killer, but either way survivors are going to get hit by shots they see clearly miss them. It will just be worse if the hitbox is bigger.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited February 2020

Huntress already has that, it's gonna be crappy either way. I don't see what's wrong with making it a tiny bit bigger. I think his power isn't strong enough to make him 110% speed but thats up to the devs at the end of the day.

• wladimiiirwladimiiir Member Posts: 138

Why should I be forced to play a select few Killers in order to have a chance to have fun?

It's just point of view. For me Nurse, Spirit, Billy, new Freddy.. are boring. Legion, Wraith, Trapper... are fun that's why I play them.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

I'm not saying it won't help, just that this isn't an easy problem to fix as it's just the nature of online games and dedicated servers.

You're not. Every killer in the game has the chance to win.

• kidmaxxkidmaxx Member Posts: 57

Saying "Cahlaflour" likes him carries way less weight than the analysis of someone like Scott, who's known to be one of the best Huntresses in the game. Even consistently pro-BHVR streamers like tofu admit he's worse than huntress, and it's obvious the killer has problems. A competitive game should be balanced competitively.

Saying Cahla likes him was to my point of "She's having fun". It's obvious that the killer has problems, and yes, that's due to examinations like what Scott did. I have 0 issue with Scott or his analysis. The OP presented a streamers opinion, I presented another streamers opinion. It's also obvious that other killers have problems. Getting them fixed/balanced/whatever is something the devs are, and will constantly be working on. But three days into a PTB people complaining, and then calling out devs is not helpful, or constructive in any way, regardless of the game being competitive or not.

I can play a “bad killer,” or “weak killer,” and have fun... what ruins my fun, and a lot of people’s fun, is something that doesn’t feel right.

Your comment is like me saying I hate getting hit after fast vaulting because of dedicated severs and someone replying with “soooo... don’t use windows during chase the .”

The OP didn't do that though. The OP took someone else opinion, and said "Explain this with your crap excuses!" That's not adding anything except raging negativity. After seeing things like Scott's video, should the devs do something about the inconsistency? Yes! Should people just rage and call out one dev who takes part of their time to communicate with the player base, and treat them like trash? No.

Except that you can choose to not play a particular killer. Yeah, you can choose to not use windows, but that dramatically alters your way of playing. Not playing a killer that you've never played before doesn't change your way of playing.

Something people responding to me seem to think I'm saying "Deathslinger is fine, stop complaining". I'm not. I'm saying "If you don't like how the killer plays, then don't play him". If the things Scott pointed out get changed, great. If not, don't play him.

• SkelemaniaSkelemania Member Posts: 227

Because your perspective is skewed to where you're only seeing it one way: "I have to win." You said "I for one, do not enjoy playing a low tier Killer and being stomped." So don't play a low tier killer & get stomped.

You're obviously playing to win (as you said), not playing for fun (or winning is fun to you, that's subjective - no harm there), so just play the top tier since you care about "having a chance to win." Well, I guess you have to define what your personal "win" is too.

You don't have to 4k as Killer, you'll enjoy the game a lot more if you don't focus on that. What's the worst case scenario? All four people escape and the game ends in five minutes? You can just queue again...

That's the thing to me: don't look at it as a per game basis. Look at it as a per hour basis, maybe. Change the way you look at it and maybe it will help your perspective. Instead of seeing what you do in one game, maybe see what you do in five. So instead of X/4 in one game you see what your X/20 is. Going 0/4 in one game would feel rough. 12-15/20 wouldn't feel as bad. Focus on making the best plays you can, call yourself out for things you deem a mistake - try to learn something from each game. Even if you get blown out, you can find little things to improve on.

I try to focus on Bloodpoints, personally. That's an actual number that I can see & I can follow my progress through out a gaming session. So I level-up a new character, or work toward getting all the Perks on someone that doesn't have them all learned yet. Or even Prestige, whatever. The grind for BP never stops.

There is a lot I feel like saying to this, but I'll settle for, agree to disagree. Just so there is not a branching discussion in this thread.

It’s not just about this one killer though, projectile killers are a problem especially since dedicated servers yet they still chose to make another one. Kind of a weird decision.

This also isn’t about his strength or tier, he looks fun and unlike the concept so I’ll play him on live if he’s not a dumpster fire in terms of looking like it hits but not actually hitting. Right now he is

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Its nothing new, and nothing Deathlinger specific.