Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Franklin's Demise needs to work on a token system.

Honestly, Franklin's Demise is one of the most infuriating perks ever.

It's honestly unfair.

To balance out its unlimited use, it should be on a token system. After 2/3/4 tokens are achieved, hitting a survivor will no longer make them drop their item. In addition, the perk will get a buff that uses 40%/50%/60% of the available charges on the item.

This change will work as intended, to punish flashlight users or gen jockeys. The limited use will be balanced in the form of charges being reduced.

Comments

• KokoCurryKokoCurry Member Posts: 64

Honestly, I love the perk name, perk icon, and how it relates directly to the original film. It's simply brilliant.

That said, it's still a really "toxic" perk in its current state.

• SkelemaniaSkelemania Member Posts: 132

I never equip items in large part due to Franklin's fear. Instead, I'll search a chest & look for a toolbox or whatever.

If I'm in a lobby & all my random teammates have like Toolboxes & Keys on, I for sure wouldn't put something on. At that point I would expect Big Frankie D.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 818

Franklin's is a decent perk. In general if you bring an item into the game you shouldn't expect to automatically get to keep it. In spite of that the perk has one of the simplest counters ever - just go and pick up your item

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589

Well, I would agree, but...

Franklins is one of the weaker perks in the game already. Its annoying but almost useless.

So either leave it alone, or completely rework it to a "less frustrating" version. But the perk is supposed to be frustrating, so we cant have that either.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 1,295

Franklins is fine as is. If the killer has it, then leave the item and get on with the game. Go back later for it. Too many survivors screw themselves over trying to reclaim that precious lost item instantly. You can buy another one on the Bloodweb if you lose it for good, which right now, you do anyway if you deplete the charges or it's a key with Add-Ons.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I find Franklin's fine as it is. The problem with your suggestion is that it would make your "problem" with it worse. Would you rather leave your item on the ground with minimal charges lost, or lose a giant portion of your charges making your item pretty much a waste? Especially if you are found first.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 537

This and hangmans are now being called to the chopping block, funny thing is that this was called.out inna thread a few days ago, that with the new changes these 2 perks are gonna be 2 OP

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 1,952

I don't watch horror, but am curious, how does it all relate to each other.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,658

This perk is fine. If the killer wants to give up a perk slot to combat survivor items then so be it. That is one less perk slot for BBQ, PGTW, NOED, etc.

• Darth_CaderDarth_Cader Member Posts: 110

The only problem I have with it is that it destroys Firecrackers instantly. It’s fine otherwise.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited February 22

how...is it possible...unfair, just how.

Heck lets put this further into context, a killer brings a hex >perk< and a survivor can destroy this entire perk without needing anything to help them, just cleance the totem, its a base mechanic of the game.

But 4 survivors bringing EXTRA ITEMS that currently the killer can smack out of their hands PROVIDED they spend 25% of their perk room on it AND a survivor can just pick it up again later.....

And you want that perk nerfed....yeah ok buddy

Post edited by ZoneDymo on
  • woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 448

This thread: calling for a nerf to a bad perk. I don’t know what to say....

• TheAntiSantaTheAntiSanta Member Posts: 117

Taking away a perk like this, is going to increase the number of Killers that will lobby dodge if they see the survivors using items. Survivor lobby times are bad enough as it is, why do you want to make it worse?

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 2,314

I am admittedly irritated if I have a key and get twonked over the head, potentially losing my precious hatch opportunity.

But if I'm killer and see a lobby full of tool boxes, it's time to equip Franky.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,078
    edited February 22

Franklin's already gets nerfed with the upcoming changes where items can't be destroyed anymore. What do you want more, entitled survivor-main?

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 499

Franklins demise is already one of the most useless perks that killers have. It does little to nothing to the match, a pro killer just avoid flashlights by facing walls when picking up or giving your back to the survivor, and you can always pick your item again, its not like its instantly destroyed.

To toolboxes it does little to nothing again as gen times are fast even without it and if there is more than one toolbox its just a waste of a perk slot. With keys, you can leave it on the ground until the hatch spawn and not lose it. The only killer that benefit from it is wraith. Nerfing the perk doesn't make any sense.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 4,105

@KokoCurry Forgive me if I am Mistaken, but isn't Franklin's a dead perk come chapter 16?

One of the changes of chapter 16 is that items stay at 0 charges after being used. So theoretically wouldn't this make Franklin's less damaging since it will likely just remove charges and no longer delete the item?

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Killer brings Hex PERK, that is at least 25% of their perk allowance.

Survivors dont need to bring anything to completely remove that perk

-

Survivor(s) bring EXTRA ITEMS next to their perks, taking up 0% of their perk allowance.

Killer must equip a perk specifically to deal with those extra items and even then it just knocks it out of their hands only for them to pick it up again later.

And you want that killer perk nerfed......yeah ok buddy.

• DetectiveBingBongDetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 44

"Nerf Franklin's because I don't wanna have to remember where I dropped my stuff"

Your vibes are foul sir, please leave.

• Iudex_NemesisIudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 69

.....Yeah, nah

I'll pass.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,904

Never watched the movies, but apparantly a guy named franklin drops a flashlight when he gets impaled with the chainsaw of leatherface. I think theres a clip on youtube.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 1,184

Maybe ,after ruin nerf, don't bring in toolboxes. I mean they are kinda op in the current state and that is why they got nerfed.

• DarkskiesDarkskies Member Posts: 679

Lol no all your items belong to me 🐷 I needs them and how can you be so cruel not to share your items with pig that's just rude!