Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Death Slinger | Suggestions

2»

Comments

• HelterSeltzerHelterSeltzer Member Posts: 66

His power can put survivors in places they might not want to be. His power makes vaulting over shack window dangreous [other windows too].

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

Immobilizing survivors doesn't mean anything if it doesn't get you any closer to downing them.

If a survivor drops a pallet between you and themselves, assuming the pallet is safe, you MUST break it or waste time mind gaming a survivor at 110%. If it's an unsafe pallet, you can use your power to secure a hit but at the same time, why would you need to M2 an unsafe pallet when you can just mind game it easily? Remember, you can mind game unsafe pallets extremely easily, it doesn't matter what killer you are. 😁

As someone who mains Nurse on Console, 3.9m/s is enough to mind game survivors at unsafe pallets with ease — I don't need to blink and risk messing up. At least with Huntress, she can ready a hatchet or walk past the pallet — Death Slinger doesn't have that option and his ranged attack doesn't justify his 110% movement.

Yes, increasing his movement speed to 115% is boring — I understand that, but it can be a placeholder if the developers don't know what to do to make his 110% valid.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I'm not trying to say he's perfect, I'm saying that it's somewhat reasonable why he is 110 in the first place.

Unlike most of the other killers he can actually deny distance survivors can make. If somebody vaults a pallet for example you can potential deny Lithe being activated.

Honestly it seems like his chase is fine, it's just his map mobility and pressure that's the problem.

I agree, he needs either mobility or a stronger M2. 😁

What do you prefer?

edited February 2020

If you make him 115% you are just going to make him more oppressive in areas that imo doesn't need that much improvement.

If anything Deep Wound should take survivors longer to mend that way you have a mix between a stall and a chase tool.

Unlike Legion, Deepwound isn't Deathslinger (god i hate that name) main power, it's just a little side grade on top of a decent chase tool.

So I guess a better m2?

I know it sounds like I'm saying Death Slinger is trash, but I genuinely don't mean that — he's alright. I and many others believe Huntress is just far more superior in strength, which is why I believe he needs a few buffs to make him different than Huntress while giving them equal strength.

Again, if the developers don't know what to do, they can just increase his movement speed to 115% until they figure out what they should do to him to keep him at 110%.

Huntress is superior in damage, but Deathslinger is superior in denial.

That just my experience playing him. They both have different niches that suit some people. If he was improved, I reckon he could rival her.

That's really the problem, Death Slinger just doesn't do enough damage to pressure survivors nor does he have a mobility to counteract that weakness.

If his M2 was better at doing its job, maybe making it easier to reel survivors in and increasing the hook distance — he will be a pretty solid killer. 😁

• TheOneElricTheOneElric Member Posts: 59
    edited February 2020

I'm in favour of M2 being able to down injured survivors.

Not healing up should be punished, right now Deathslinger doesn't get any advantage on injured survivors.

An injured person should be less able to struggle AT LEAST.

Keep him slow, but make that big, spiky metal harpoon have some actual POWER.

Also, higher range.

I agree with everything besides M2 downing injured survivors because then you will have a better Huntress. 😁

edited February 2020

It's a huge ######### harpoon. Especially in comparison to his tiny bajonet, it should do some bloody damage. 😑

Like sorry but shouldn't a RIFLE be more efficient at downing people than throwing axes?..

edited February 2020

You're asking for logic in a game where survivors can be healed from being ripped apart by a chainsaw.

Point taken.

Alas, even from a purely gameplay POV, I feel that he's going to end up just like Legion, being terribad at actually downing survivors.

They gotta give it something more to hurt survs. My choice would be downing injured survs but that's just me.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I would much appreciate if Deep Wounds found a nice hole in which to go expire.

I would also much appreciate if a harpoon hit dealt one health state of damage to a survivor (downing injured survivors) and that the chain pull speed was less.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,173

Don't really understand that whole has to reload every shot thing

Yes he has to reload after every shot but he can do it on the fly

With the huntress if your out of hatches you HAVE to abandon chase to go find a locker and that can be quiet the detour on some maps

Deathslinger doesn't have that problem

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,655

Not sure if I'd agree with that.

Yeah you may have faster reaction without the wind up, but you also have a way smaller hit box making that shot require a lot more skill in aiming than Huntress.

• beck__beck__ Member Posts: 24

They should make it so survivors with deep wound cant pull down pallets.

This would also buff Legion.

edited February 2020

Actually, it's not the hitbox, it has something to do with RNG: Take a look at the video.

The harpoon doesn't travel where you want to it to go. It's very inconsistent.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I would ask you to reconsider your opinion about M2 injuring and instead look at the feasibility behind changing other cooldowns and parts of his power to compensate.

If The Deathslinger could injure from afar (with comparisons):

Much like Hillbilly, Deathslinger (DS) would be able to instantly down survivors close to him. Unlike Hillbilly, DS has a negligible charge time, so DS's charge time would have to be increased to have at least a 1.0 animation of aiming.

DS has a terror radius of 24 meters, so to compensate for his insta-down potential, his terror radius would need to be 28 or 32 meters, and while keeping him at 4.4 or somewhere between 4.4 and 4.6m/s. I'm not sure why he was designed to be somewhat sneaky in the first place given his power. This would give him Hillbilly's terror radius and potential insta-down while removing map pressure and granting some range ability. (His chain should also have an extended range, possibly to the edge of his terror radius as someone suggested). Additionally, he should move at 4.6 m/s when he does not have a harpoon in his gun.

Coldowns and stuns:

I propose the speed at which DS reels survivors should start out slower than it does right now but steadily increase in speed until the chain breaks. DS can still break the chain by swinging at any point, but if he misses a survivor, he must perform a reel-in animation while moving at reduced speed (much like an elongated Demogorgon's missed jump penalty). If he misses a shot, he performs the same animation. Reloading the harpoon gun now takes an additional 1 second.

Visual and audio:

Remove the bar telling how long the killer has until the chain breaks and remove the ticking that goes with it. Instead, insert an audio cue (something popping or snapping) 1 second before the chain breaks to alert both survivor and killer (more audio-based like The Nurse, which helps to alleviate the feeling that all interactions are about numbers and charge bars).

edited February 2020

Just because there is inconsistency with the shots does not invalidate anything I've said. The hitboxes of his shots are indeed much smaller than Huntresses which makes them much harder to land. You are assuming the reason his shots are harder to land is only because of these inconsistencies and that is not the case.

Post edited by Blueberry on
    edited February 2020

I know you are really excited to argue this with me, but I just don't have the energy to do this right now.

I just need some time and I'll respond later. 🙁

edited February 2020

I think they're more thoughtful discussions than arguments lol. No worries though.

Arguements aren't a bad thing, that's what the forums are for. Through, I do like your view point of it — something I haven't considered.

I'm almost ready, thanks for waiting! 🙂

• PennosukePennosuke Member Posts: 100
    edited February 2020

I agree with @NuclearBurrito.

I saw many people comparing Deathslinger with Huntress like comparing Oni with Hillbilly, but in this case I think this comparasion is more like Ghostface and Myers.

Ghostface have his own advantage that Myers doesn't have (Constantly become undetectable, Movement speed still stay at 115% while being undetectable, Faster stalking speed). While Myers good at stalking survivors for one-shot ability, Ghostface good at being undetectable to ambush survivors. If you try to play Ghostface like Myers, he will be just a mid(or low)-tier killer.

Same like this case, While Huntress good at dealing damage at long range, Deathslinger good at immobile survivors before they can get into the pallets or walls.

To trade of with the requirement that he needs to pull survivors to down them and can't down survivors at the long range like Huntress, He doesn't need to wait for 1.25 seconds to shoot a spear. Quick scope and small terror radius is his adventage. (While Huntress still has 45 m lullaby radius) ,If you are too obvious when try to aim survivor like Huntress, they will can easily juke your spear.

Moreover, I think his reload mechanics is acceptable. While he needs to reload everytime he hit or miss, he still can always decide to reload anywhere and anytime (While Huntress required to walk to locker to reload her hatchets and the lockers are not always near her 24/7) and his reload duration isn't that long (2.75 sec), at least it doesn't long enough to force him losing his chase.

He can also combo with M1 perks very well (STBFL, NOED etc.) and other perks like Unrelenting (Help him to cancle spear faster), Monitor and Abuse (Make him become legit 16 m terror radius killer) etc.

//But I also agree with @NMCKE about buff his M2 range(but just increased the range to 24 m), just make him can deep-wounded survivors from the first hit easier and survivors also can easily escape before get a second hit if they were too far from Deathslinger while being impaled.