Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What happened to "closing the gap between solo and swf"?

DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I'm seeing NOTHING happening to do this.

Comments

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326

Well imagine what would happen in DBD if all solo survivors were like playing against full SWF teams... I think only masochist would play killer then.

I play solo and i can say that in ranks 10-20 you get matchmaked with people that have little idea of how to play and it can be difficult sometimes but that doesn't deprive me from reaching violet and red ranks.

When one reach those ranks you get more competent teammates and it's a whole different game.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326
    edited February 2020

Yea surely having "2 games in 1" don't help at all when balancing the game. Because its always buff low ranked and ######### high ranked and vice versa. There can't be balance if the game is so different after X ranks..

• CreepytacoCreepytaco Member Posts: 36

Honestly? I don't mind SWF. There are many things that are a part of the game that both sides don't like, but SWF is unique in that just because people CAN communicate it doesn't mean you can't kill them. All those who are killers likely will have to play against friends at some point. Use it as an opportunity to learn. End of the day my knife doesn't discriminate, if I can't kill you oh well maybe I can some other TIME. :)

• CreepytacoCreepytaco Member Posts: 36

I'm honestly confused. How does someone playing with someone they may know equate to imbalance? I'm honestly 100% curious because I don't see the problem. In my eyes that would essentially mean no game has balance.

• JC316JC316 Member Posts: 693

The ability to mute specific survivors and a text chat as well. Easy.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,262

How do you mean text chat? I don't think its quite a simple as that.

The thing that makes swf strong is bit simply the knowing but the abilitu to coordinate on the fly along with picking who they play with.

The killer is one me at x location, I used the pallets around the shack or another area, gens almost done, I have BT, I have a adrenaline, I have we'll make it, I have DS do a gen etc etc even a chat wheel while nice wouldn't come close to the same info.

Then you have char spammer save me over and over. Seems fun.

Then you have muting which while good doesn't solve any issues as you then have no info.

Text chat man. Back in the day, it's all we had. You learned to type fast. T, billy near shack, enter. T hes on me, enter.

edited February 2020

How does that solve the issue when in places with multiple languages? This was part of my initial post you quoted.

You do know in Europe alone there are 27 countries each with their own language who can be matched into a lobby.

That's not the right answer. You can't balance around a system when you expect players to know a language.

Shouldn't the reverse also work. If you are matched with 3 German and one English shouldn't they speak German then,

What about in North America and youvarr matched with 3 South Americans should they then speak Spanish or Portuguese?

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,706

Pretty good job so far is what happened.

edited February 2020

Its a minor issue with games with huge playerbases as they can separate servers so it doesn't happen.

It's a very ignorant expectation to expect someone to know a language just because others do.

Then you have Asia where the game is popular also. Do you think they all should speak English? What language should they default too?

It depends on the game.

Overwatch, League etc have huge playerbase and can have servers for more specific regions.

Just because you can speak English and are on those servers doesn't mean you can disregard all the other countries. As I said above what about Asia? What language should they be defaulted too? It's not just about some but all you have to cater for.

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Even just put a symbol that shows when others are in a chase similar to the entity legs around obsession.

• kidmaxxkidmaxx Member Posts: 57

The fix is very easy and is the same fix every other game uses: give everyone coms, and balance around that. But the devs are too lazy to rebalance killer and don't want to have to deal with survivors whining about the buffs, so it's never gonna happen and they're gonna keep insisting coms don't give SWF a massive advantage.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

They are too busy with dlcs to care.