Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

I am done playing killer.

DepressedNurseMainDepressedNurseMain Member Posts: 671
edited February 24 in General Discussions

I finished my transition into a full survivor main, I am sorry my past brethren, but survivor is way more enjoyable to me. I already have meme builds in setup, like the head on build, there is no return to the light side.

On a serious note, I don't really enjoy killer anymore, not gonna lie I have never seen gens go this fast since the brand new part got nerfed and as expected most games I escape, not because of skill, but because there isn't much most killers can do about this gen speed. I hardly think the change to toolboxes will change anything nor do I think the MMR system will help people face the right skill levels, the game needs some major qol changes soon, because the toolbox change is not gonna cut it nor honestly is the one map with breakables.

Comments

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

I haven't even touched killer after completing the level 3 challenges. Why the [BAD WORD] would you?

• CornMossCornMoss Member Posts: 345

Haha, it's not even just that. Dedicated has made things much much worse

• PirscherPirscher Member Posts: 413

Well, they did acknowledge the idea for a warm-up from Scott Jund. Maybe something similar is on the way?

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Im not try hard enough to play killer these days, no fun at all, far too sweaty.

ill just play survivor

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,977
    edited February 24

I feel your pain. I would join the survivor mains too but I don't know how to get the mods to change my name to JawsIsTheNextSurvivor.

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 673

It's not fun for tryhard killers understandably cause devs aim to balance the kill rate of 50% - 2 die 2 escape rather than average 70% like before ruin nerf.

• FluorescentLemonFluorescentLemon Member Posts: 240
    edited February 24

Takes two hits to down so it's more like five mistakes really

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 1,778

Killer is terrible but I still try to get some enjoyment from it. I don't try for 4k's anymore. As long as I can get 4 BBQ stacks, I'm good with everyone escaping.

• korean_zombiekorean_zombie Member Posts: 429

I understand duud. Please don't change perspective too much and start asking for killer nerfs.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,033

Another one just being able to say: GItGud, cause thats what it is. good killers never even used Ruin.

• OkoruOkoru Member Posts: 144

OP name says it all.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,295

Doctor wasn't nerfed buddy...

While I don't disagree that gens go a bit too fast. If they were still getting gens done. Despite Tru3 having really fast chases. They would need to have been equally efficient at their objective. At that point it's not really unfair if the survivors had escaped. In those cases the winner will be the one who didn't make a mistake

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 1,533

I agree that devs are trying to lower the kill expectations of killers. I know I want a 4k when I play, because that is what I was conditioned was a win when I first started playing killer.

But if they change the pipping system for killers, and newer killers adopt" a 1k with plenty of hooks as a win", then we may see a change and prolong the game.

I have also recently switched from a long time killer main, to survivor. It is just more fun for me to play with SWF as I enjoy the team aspect of that side. Playing killer will always be sweaty if you want to rank up, unless they change pipping conditions. It is 4v1.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,210

I 4K'd 25 games with Legion at Rank 1 without Ruin.

Does that mean I am good? Or does that mean Legion is OP

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 1,923

There's also the possibility the survivors you were facing were boosted or carried.

• blastoblasto Member Posts: 41

I mean I can speak for myself and say you’re right here. I’m not very good at the game. The problem is it’s not fun trying to get good. The matchmaking has been beyond bad lately and the gen speed just doesn’t leave you a lot of time to try.

You don’t have any of those problems as survivor. Usually you get matched against a lower rank killer with a bunch of higher rank survivors, and even if you don’t escape at least you can feel like you’re playing

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,210

Oh, they absolutely were. Most of them anyway. I had one or two good teams in that span, and probably 15 or so really good players in the other games.

That's my point, most Survivors are boosted so when you get a match of equal skill, you find out that the Killer loses.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 694

I just stopped playing Dbd til BHVR gets their [BAD WORD] together. Only reason why I hate playing survivor is simply because there's no skill involved, and survivor is too easy even without crutch perks.

Killer is too stressful and frustrating to play which is why I refuse to play until BHVR gets their [BAD WORD] together and make killer 'FUN' to play again

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 1,923

I dont think BHVR will every get their [BAD WORD] together. So long as they can pull in new players to buy their dlc and useless cosmetics they are probably happy with the games current state.

• IamB4tm4n88IamB4tm4n88 Member Posts: 48

With killer now you need to pick you battle... what I try to do is purposefully 3 Gen them and typically only use killers that can gen pressure like Wraith, doctor, hag and anybody reading this think you cant gen pressure with Hag cant play hag. You cant play with pure brutality anymore you need a gm plan and cant get into chases for too long theres a lot more strategy now

• DepressedNurseMainDepressedNurseMain Member Posts: 671
    edited February 24

I don't like Noed it gives free kills with no skill making my escape not as easy, make it harder to use by making it have a 75% chance not to spawn, please also make BBQ and Chilli a hex perk without the extra bloodpoints bonus. It allows killers to get op addons and nerf pig.