Home Discussions General Discussions

For Killers complaining about gen speed, stop using BBQ

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 8,370

“But Rey, there’s a cooldown!” Yes, there is... because otherwise this perk would be INSANE.

Not really. I'm not even sure it would be that much better than BBQ if it didn't have a cooldown. I would argue that the time it blocks a gen for is minimal enough that if no one is on a gen, the info BBQ would give you is better than the 16 seconds of gen block (since a chunk of that 16 seconds is spent getting to a hook). I could be wrong, but I would rather potentially know where everyone is for a few seconds than know that a potentially unknown number of people is at a gen, especially as a Pig because then I have a decently higher shot of knowing where a Survivor with a Trap is probably heading to.

With the cooldown, it is definitely not better than BBQ IMO, nor do I think it is worth using.

• djsponge10djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

You’d be right if thrilling tremors let’s regressing gens keep regressing. But it actually STOPS regressing gens which in turn if a gen wasn’t already worked on what’s the chances someone will stumble upon a gen that hasn’t been worked on in the first place within 16 seconds as well? If they fixed thrilling I’d completely agree with you. But it literally does nothing to effect gen speeds other than tell you a survivor is on a gen which you can already be told that by BBQ while also seeing people NOT on gens, AND the only reason we use it the double BP. there is just no argument at all

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 878

You do realize....we can run a lot of those perks you just mentioned plus BBQ right?

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 1,811

Can we stop the culture of telling people how to play the game?

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 3,352

...are you actually reading what I say or just getting the basic idea? Because the answer to you is literally in my last comment.

If a person has trouble hitting people, nothing short of unrelenting(perk wise) is actually gonna help them getting downs/hooks.🤷‍♂️

If the player is bad, the perk isn't to blame.

If the player is good, he'll get some use of bbq, even if other information perks might be better on X killer.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,599

Bad comparison.

• OkoruOkoru Member Posts: 144

I run BBQ strictly for BP. Being able to see auras is just a plus. If BBQ didn't give me so many BP I personally wouldn't run it. Grinded Leatherface from 1- 35 in a couple of hours thanks to BBQ.

• SpirezSpirez Member Posts: 604

I get your point and it makes sense. However, that’s where I see the problem. So many killer perks, but if you don’t take 2-3 gen slowdown perks then you will most likely lose because gens go extremely quick. What’s the point of all these perks if we only get to use the same few to compensate for gen speed. I don’t believe people should have to stop running BBQ just to win a game. I don’t believe people should stop running any perk they’d like to run even just for fun perks just so they have a chance at winning.

• fleshboxfleshbox Member Posts: 494
    edited February 2020

This is such a dumb post it is not even worth reading. If you are that worried about bbq there are counters for it.. Use your brain. Hide behind a gen, be within range, locker, dance in circles so you tell him that you know he has bbq - this is what i do.

I assume every killer has bbq and a lot of times i am right and the only one who even figures this out. Most dont run either bond or empathy in order to favor "meta" perks which give you ZERO information on what is happening.

Current crop of survs really stink. More so than me and i suck cos i find it hard to lose the killer, but i know mechanics, can do gens without blowing them up, can do safe saves.

Others rush in 2 seconds after the killer has gone.

The one single perk most attributed to getting killers away from the hook camping and you want to nerf it?

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 542

Glad you could be a productive contributor to this thread by making assumptions on the point of the discussion. Come back when you don’t have the attention span of a wasp and actually read my post.

Believe me, I wish that we could all run BBQ and not worry about gens flying of we don’t play optimally but that’s the state of the game. If you’re not a good killer player then then gens will fly. Even good killer players won’t get 4Ks each game.

But allow me to rephrase my point: If gen speeds REALLY bother someone to the point where you can’t enjoy a match, BBQ is not worth the perk slot in MY opinion. I’d focus my builds on gen regression/chases.

This goes back to my example of seeing TERRITORIAL killers like Trapper and Hag running BBQ. If you see 3 survivors in an area with no traps, all you get is brief situational awareness but nothing to stop gens or end a chase.

If you’re not willing to read my post then I’d suggest avoiding assumptions about my way of thinking or to use “my brain”.

Thanks.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,832

Your post only takes into account 1/4 of the the story. What are the other 3 perks being run? Can almost guarantee its either pop or thanatophobia. So in addition to bbq, they are running slow down perks. And yet gens fly by because there are no early game slow down perks other than possibly corrupt intervention.

That's the problem with slowdown perks in this game. The killer has to be able to fulfill the requirements, hooking people for dying light, keeping everyone injured etc

I agree with you that BBQ isn't the best perk to bring in a game. With all the counters to it, there are much better tracking perks. But what it does do well, the best, is BP gain. And considering it took probably 3-4 million bloodpoints to unlock every perk on 1 killer. Bbq is mandatory.

When i can use any perk i want on any killer i want, i will drop BBQ for better builds. Until then, you will continue to see BBQ all the time.

And yes gens still fly by. Especially when your rank 15 killers go up against rank 3 survivors.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,184

In part, yes... but I feel like it’s those ever-tasty bonus bloodpoints (BPs). I get it, the grind is ridiculous and BPs are the currency that keeps your killer/survivor economy running. We need to unlock teachables, P3 everyone (if you’re into pointless bloody versions of default cosmetics), and stock up on items/addons. BUT - if we take out the BP factor from BBQ, what are you left with?

You just summed up exactly why we use BBQ. Literally the only perk that lets us get a decent amount of BP.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 885

What he is trying to say is that BBQ is not very good in low mobility killers (the ones who suffer the most from gen rushing) and by running it you are gimping your build instead of using something who fits better for those killers.

I agree.

• fleshboxfleshbox Member Posts: 494

Fair enough, you got me. I am tired of the nerf this and nerf that threads.

However. Take away the BP and i would stil use it. It is part of my build. I use BBQ, DL, Thana and one other that rotates.

I have my slowdown perks and i use BBQ for the aura reading ability. If people are using to it "get points" then so be it. We sweat for ours.

If they take the BP aspect away from BBQ i think you will find that surv que's will spike through the roof at that point. It is one think to get sweaty in game after game but to have surv end game BP totals will turn off a lot of killers. Myself included. If i am goign to sweat then i want the BP to boot.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Why TT is not a good perk: It got a CD AND only provides gen information. Most times it only wastes your own time when paired with PGTW. And it's very obvious, not like BBQ.

Why DL is a situational perk: It provides one survivor immunity AND an additional perk. For 3% slowdown per non-obsession hook. Got no synergy with Thana because of the free Botany Knowledge. It's good on Plague and Legion for obvious reasons.

The only reliable slowdown perk atm is PGTW and that's good with BBQ.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I realised this long ago. It’s not that good on most killers without mobility, especially on large maps like mother’s dwelling where the closest survivor will be about 30 seconds walk to get to. I swapped it for Discordance on a lot of killers.

I don’t want BBQ nerfed at all, I enjoy using it too (primarily for BPs, like most). Just pointing out that there are better options for certain killers/killer players who struggle with gens.

Thank you!!

Again, I’m talking about how BBQ without BP gain is a mediocre tracking perk at best. Easily countered and no gen regression/stalling benefits.

Discordance is amazing. You guarantee the option to pressure two survivors at once or know that a gen won’t be completed in 40 seconds or less (if I remember the max time for 2 survivors on a gen together correctly).

According to the title, you're telling killers to stop using BBQ. But I think you're missing the point. We use it for the BP. Explaining why other perks are better for tracking isn't going to change anything.

Yung, I understand it’s used for BPs. One of my points in this thread is that the people that like to complain about gen speeds are probably running BBQ when there are superior perks that can help you apply pressure.

In an ideal world we can run BBQ for points but if you’re not a skilled killer you’re going to hurt your chances of “winning”.

We pretty much don't have a choice. If we use a better perk, we get half BPs. I don't think it should be that way, but that's the way it is. If there were other BP perks that could give a 100% BP bonus but didn't stack with each other, it would be a lot easier to have variety in killer builds.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,770

I get what you're trying to say

I used to be addicted to the bp bbq gave me as well but i found i'm having a lot more fun dropping it once and a while

Having 4 perkslots to play with is a lot more fun to mix and match rather then always removing a perkslot for bbq

Bbq is bassicly hard mode for killers, you give up a perk slot for more bp, the aura reading isn't that impressive

I get it. I hate the grind in this game but that leads into a separate discussion entirely. I wish we didn’t have perk tiers but I run BBQ often because I’m trying to P3 every character lol.

But when I see a sweat looking SWF with keys and medkits I definitely don’t run BBQ.

edited February 2020

Duck, I think your issue is the matchmaking and not your build layout. You’re a green but got paired up with a couple reds and high purples.

Also, Overcharge is a weak perk and NOED does nothing before end game + is a hex.

I still run it because it works nicely with Infectious Fright (Myers main btw). I care more about points than "winning" anyway.

• McLightningMcLightning Member Posts: 949

This thread is ridicuous.

edited February 2020

If points is your thing, go for it! For the people trying to sweat and 4K (me most of the time) I’ll run other perks.

As a slug Myers, I like Corrupt, Monitor, Infectious, Discordance/Thrilling.

How intriguing.

I see those. I’m not a fan of Franklin’s Demise but if you saw 4 toolboxes it would have been a better choice instead of Overcharge. In that scenario, I would have recommended (for you):

Franklin’s, Ruin, Surveillance, Sloppy/Thanataphobia.

The Ruin/Surv combo would eat through their toolboxes if you focus your early game on pressing gens rather than committing to full chases. Get your Sloppy or Thanataphobia to decrease action speed or delay healing (MOST survivors won’t do anything until they heal). Franklin’s would eat their toolbox charges and waste their time picking up their item.