Home Polls
The 4.2.2 Bugfix Patch drops today. Click the link below for release times and patch notes.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/193991

Who/what would you like to see in a new survivor?

GandalfGandalf Member Posts: 115

Who/what would you like to see in a new survivor? 35 votes

an old(er) lady
25%
AdelooBlueberryFog_KingBoosted_DwightBrucecastro81gaydavidkingthefallenloserFamicxPok 9 votes
a really fat survivor
11%
List_of_concernsAhoyWolfbubbasbasementchestROLLINGLEMON 4 votes
a transgender
2%
letathe 1 vote
a redhead
8%
Seiko300toxicmeggSebaOutbreak 3 votes
a person with scars or tattoos (lots of them)
8%
YaNesteaSpartagone45Hoodied 3 votes
A nun or other religious figure
14%
TapeKnotDimekzippieIAmShadowZzzAwkward_Fiend 5 votes
a deceased person in the form of a ghost
2%
inago 1 vote
other (specify in comments)
25%
Hail_to_the_KingTheRockstarKnightWalker_of_the_fog_96AwakeyDetailedDetrimentYung_SlugTodgeweihtRobMeister88Spectre13 9 votes

Comments

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 1,601

I'd like to see a Survivor who isn't so heroic and perfect.

Like, not every Survivor should be some fit and talented person who exposed corruption, championed human rights, struggled to care for their sickly single mom, and always looks out for others.

I'd like more Survivors like Dwight, Jeff, Nea, or Ace; mostly average people that were primarily just looking to survive or have a good time; not improve the human condition.

I also think it'd be great if we got a Survivor from a different time period.

I'd personally love a Medieval Knight or a pre-European colonization Native American, but even if it's just the 20s or 50s, a Survivor from the past could be very refreshing IMO.

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 1,538
    a really fat survivor

I'm still waiting for Carl the Cashier

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,969

If we can choose any time period, I think a caveman (or cavewoman) would be good. Maybe a Megalodon could be the next killer.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,684

A character with interesting and useful perks.

Nick from Left 4 Dead. It should be obvious.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,175

Helen lyle(candyman)

And,@DetailedDetriment Wouldn't it be better to have a nick suit for ace?

I think it would make more sense, I would also love to have a coach suit for Adam Francis.

• thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 358
    an old(er) lady

Well isn't Yui from a bit in the future?

Also Nancy, Steve, and Laurie are all from the 70s-80s.

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,272
    a redhead

I'm sorry, did you just say Ace isn't perfect?

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,684

@Walker_of_the_fog_96, I was thinking Coach could go to Tapp and Louis to Adam. As you know, the rest of the survivors (Ellis, Rochelle, Zoey, and Francis) are already outfits for Dwight, Meg, Claudette and Jake with the acception of Bill who is a full character. That just leaves Nick. I never even realized he could go to Ace, but it could definitely work. Ace be looking like white Adam by the time he's done.

• RobMeister88RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    edited February 24

When I saw the redhead option I thought it said Redneck and I was like [BAD WORD] yeah, but now I realized it said redhead and had to type this out. A redneck from Tennessee would be nice, but that just might be my nostalgia talking. Realistically though, I'd say Mike Enslin from 1408. Anyone who's watched the movie or read the novel knows he'd be perfect for DBD since he dealt with something similar to the Entity, which could also give him a spotlight in the lore, maybe he works with Vigo or Benedict to figure out how to defeat the Entity, or to make more progress on figuring it out.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,091

Left-handed gang rise up

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 1,601

He may have a perfect smile; but until he can use his F I N G E R G U N S he is far from perfect.

Laurie, Steve, and Nancy are all licensed. I'm talking about original characters.

Besides, the 80s weren't too long ago. You could give someone from then a cellphone and reasonably explain what it does in a single afternoon without using the words "magic", "sorcery", or "miracles".

As for the future I have no clue about Yui. The police's opinion on her stalker seemed pretty dated to me, but that's not conclusive by any means.

• Spectre13Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

Would like to see more liscenced characters from other horror games make an apperance. Maybe have Frank West (Dead rising) or Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4 version). Their counter part killers might be difficult being zombies and all but still we have yet to see The Zombie...or The Undead. And no the Spirit doesn't count cause that's exactly what she is. Would be hilarious to turn the game on one day and find Doomguy on the roster of survivors.

• Hail_to_the_KingHail_to_the_King Member Posts: 153

Would love a businessman or a preppy blonde cheerleader.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,161

Someone with good perks.

• Reaper_xxReaper_xx Member Posts: 173
  • Fog_KingFog_King Member Posts: 367
    an old(er) lady

I have been wanting an older lady for some time. Billy is in the game, so an older lady could also work. Most of the female cast is young. Jane was a great addition, but we need more.

• thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 358
    an old(er) lady

Press on Nails sounds HILARIOUS and extremely fun. Good work.

Face Your Fear is kinda OP. Basically on demand Head On + insta totem break.

Leave Me Alone is kinda nice.

• TerminatorGuyTerminatorGuy Member Posts: 290

I think Helen would take number one spot for prettiest survivor

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,175

@GrandpaBill24 Obviously with a cigarette in his hand at the campfire.

(Like bill)

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,272
    a redhead

While the story / lore behind this is pretty compelling (the first two perks are complete troll perks that would not make the cut, the third is a decent idea). I really think the "hard hitting journalist" is starting to become an overdone trope in Dead By Daylight anyway. It's perfect for a lot of great horror movies but DBD is about bringing many different types of stories together creating an amalgamation of horror on par with what Smash bros does for video game characters.

Think about it, Nancy Wheeler from Stranger Things is a sort of Reporter by Season 3 in the show and this is expressed pretty blatantly in her bio:

"Nancy Wheeler is a stubborn investigator with an instinct for a good story. ... A brilliant journalist, she chases stories and follows leads despite the inequality and chauvinism she encounters at the workplace. Pursuing a lead one evening..."

The same kind of personality but in a slightly different field is expressed through Zarina Kassir they call her a "documentarian" AKA a Journalist who does research and publishes it in a documentary format rather than just typing out words on a page

"Embittered by the experience, Zarina, committed to become an independent producer and filmmaker. Her first feature film was for a competition at school inspired by an English class poem about Sacco and Vanzetti, two Italian migrants controversially executed for murder. Her film won first prize and launched her as an uncompromising documentary filmmaker."

And if you want to go back in time to the very beginning of Dead By Daylight's story, Benedict Baker is himself an investigative reporter, he was making an investigation into the abandoned ghost town of Weeks when he stumbled upon the realm of the entity:

I began my search in the summer of 1956 after hearing of the town of Weeks, a place that had an unusual number of missing persons reports. America is filled with such towns. But what made this one more odd than some, was that there had never been a report of a body found. Indeed, the number of open missing cases stood at a staggering 364, the last of which happened a mere ten weeks ago. Thus I embark on my journey

TL;DR

The number of reporters trying to do "hard hitting journalism" in some way shape, form, or fashion is starting to become oversaturated in DBD. We don't need more with that kind of backstory lest there become so many that survivors build a freaking printing press in the realm of the entity and create a Newspaper called "Survivor's Weekly" and every single survivor has some kind of background in editing, writing, documenting, etc.