Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

What maps do you dislike both as a survivor and killer?

Comments

• yakul1nausicaayakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 97

Haddonfield, the yamaoka estates maps are too dark for my liking. Aesthetically lerys and hawkins are awesome but i don't enjoy them very much.

• ItzSoulzItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

Haddonfield and Hawkins

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 465

Survivor here. I don't like any indoor maps, except the remade hospital.

• Akarate_DolphinAkarate_Dolphin Member Posts: 201

The Game

Swamp

Spirit map

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 3,498

As both killer and survivor? Yamaoka maps. Too dark.

• JC316JC316 Member Posts: 693

As killer, I HATE HATE HATE the Badham maps. They're chock full of pallets and have 2-3 stupidly strong loops. As survivor, I hate The Game...so much. As both, I hate the yamoka's maps.

• lynelmanelynelmane Member Posts: 545

I absolutely hate The Game as both killer and survivor. I hate it so much.

I also really don't like Rotten Fields. There is not enough structures so if you get caught in the middle of the field, you're screwed. As killer, it's very easy to lose a survivor in the corn, at least I find.

Mother's Dwelling is pretty bad too.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,156

Blood Lodge, from both sides.

Survivors can easily see my Wraith, and Killers can easily see my Kate.

• BiggsBiggs Member Posts: 249

you understand how broken you were saying ? you literally hate every killer but in some situations survivor broken maps and love every heavily survivor sided map.. and thats bad..

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 465
    edited February 25

I guess I'm not as good as you guys to have a real hatred for the maps. The reason why I don't like indoor maps is because I'm just not good at them. All I can do is try and get better. The other maps, I don't have any major issues, some maps specifically offer advantages to both the killer and survivor IMO. I win some and I lose some, but I enjoy playing on them overall.

• toxcitynacltoxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

As a survivor, yeah I am going to favor a map that 1) gives me the best chance to escape and 2) makes the killer's life as bone breaking painful as possible and if say I have an offering that will send me to that map I'll burn it. I love Yamaoka. It's dark, has tall grasses and bamboo which helps my dark GG Noob clothes blend in as I UE all over the map doing gen after gen.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,282
    edited February 25

For both sides:

Hawkins Lab

Lerys

Game

And probably any upcoming indoor map. God, indoor maps are so bad..

• RPGWolfGamer23RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 108

Disturbed Ward, too open, too few pallets, and every gen is a 3 or 4 man.

• SchmierbachSchmierbach Member Posts: 372

Ormond and Haddonfield. Ormond is way to large for killers to patrol effectively. Haddonfield is just terribly unbalanced.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,538

Let me quote that to the other guy for you

@Biggs he is referring to you :D

• JarethJareth Member Posts: 30

Hawkins on both sides. I have such a hard time figuring out how to get from point A to B and end up trying to find paths to get through a room.

• TapeKnotTapeKnot Member Posts: 72

As both survivor and killer, corn maps. It's likely just because I'm bad at the game, but I always lose track of anybody in corn. When I'm the killer, survivors basically disappear in front of my eyes. When i'm a survivor, the killer is invisible until they get a hit on me.

#reworkcoldwind

• Stitch7833Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Rotten fields and shelter woods, both these maps feel so very empty, boring and just arent fun. while i do prefer some maps over the others i dont tend to mind as i like going on all maps for a change/challenge but the two i mentioned at the start, well i wouldnt miss them if they got removed.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589

The cOrN and The Game

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,086
    edited February 25

As nurse I hate indoor maps but as ghostface I love them lol they fit him very well same for Myers my least favorite is red forest ..there nice to look at but bad for gens or corn maps (on console) survivors abuse it

• Jigsaw_pprentice1993Jigsaw_pprentice1993 Member Posts: 178

Haddonfield always haddonfield i kinda hate swamp

• mouse0270mouse0270 Member Posts: 558
    edited February 25

I've got so many maps I hate for some many reasons as killer:

• Wretched Shop: because everyone runs to the building to do that very long loop
    • Ironworks of Misery: Because everyone runs to the building to do that window loop
    • Badham: Because everyone runs to the school to loop it
    • Whatever Oni's Map because their are no lockers anywhere freaking useful on the map for huntress, you literally have to break chase and run to the corner of the map. If you get lucky basement spawns in the center and you can at least drop down to their to get hatchets.

Now to be fair to the survivors, those are just very very very very very very very very very very safe loops, they are not doing anything wrong by running those loops, but that doesn't mean I enjoy that they do it every single time.

As Survivor

• Grim Pantry: I don't like the blend tactics and this is pretty unsafe, or requires me to run to the building.
    • Game Map: Pallets are all around the basement and it always just like I can't do anything to avoid the killer on this map. Windows of Opportunity would be interesting here to be honest.
  • VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 897

Survivor: The Game. I've been playing since before Clown and I still can't figure the place out. Same goes for Léry's.

Killer: Sanctum of Wrath. I actually don't mind Family Residence, even though it is way too big. But Sanctum... is pure hell. It's not even that I do poorly there, since I do about average there as I do anywhere else. I just hate how a Survivor just needs to crouch and they're hidden (trust me, I play dark brown coat Adam and have Claudette at 50. They vanish there.)

Both: Hawkins Underground Complex. This map should have been more thought over. It's a worse maze than Léry's and The Game, has so many areas that practically negate half of the Killers' powers, every room looks the same to me, and the generators are a pain to get to on both sides.

Bonus: Aesthetically, Temple of Purgation should have been a desert map, not whatever this Babylonian forest is (Babylon didn't even extend into that region).

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,538

They combined it with the huntress map just like they did with clown's

• kawaiikannibalkawaiikannibal Member Posts: 73

As killer and survivor, I hate Hawkins!! And other similar maps- I just get soooo lost! I'm a decent player, but when I go there, I'm like.. I'm a noob!!

As killer, I hate the corn field maps. Again, decent player, but the corn throws me off so much! I also get frustrated with Yamaoka's estate because I'm colourblind and literally can't see anything. I feel bad on that map because I end up tunneling on accident because I just can't see, I just listen and look for scratch marks... :(

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 986

I don't like Haddonfield because it's almost entirely build of safe structures and safe loops as well as all of the new Badham maps for same reason and it's filled with crapload of props and fan favourite structures like house of pain school building and house with a safe loop upstairs.

And pretty much every empty and giant map. Temple of purigation and few farm maps that are just giant dump of creativity. They should honestly get a fricking metro lines because they ARE SO [BAD WORD] HUGE!!!.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,477

Ormond. It's extremely bright, sounds are even more muffled in my opinion and as Killer, Scratch Marks are barely visible. Also, it has many Air Hitboxes when jumping down from something, instead of falling normally, you kind of hit your head on a invisible wall.

• Fengmin200Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64

All big maps