Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Exit Gate Three Second Rule

Comments

• Its_Vigo_HereIts_Vigo_Here Member Posts: 118

I played this game for over a thousand hours, yeah people do heal in the exit Gates because it is safe! However 99% of the time survivors will sit there and wait for you to go up to them so that they can teabag. It's incredibly unsportsmanlike and it's very disheartening. After playing a really hard game and trying your best you get people teabagging and pointing and holding to game hostage until you run up. They also get a extra chaser bonus for entering and exiting a Chase, but most of the time they just want to waste your time and make you walk to the exit gate. in most games if I know I lost I kind of just sit in the corner and wait for it to end because if they're going to waste my time I might as well waste theirs. I do think that's a problem, that I either have to get humiliated or hold the game up even longer. It's a exercise in spite and quite frankly it's terrible.

I'm glad that you commented though! It's nice to see a developer's perspective on how they believe the mechanics are being used. I know you're not a developer but I know you're close so cheers!

• Its_Vigo_HereIts_Vigo_Here Member Posts: 118

you know you actually might be enough a Dev, I apologize if that sounded insulting. but no one waits outside of the exit gate to teabag you, mostly out of fear of no one escapes death, however the reason why people don't go out of the exitgate to teabag is because they don't want to give you points, waiting outside of the exit gate runs the risk of you getting a sneaky attack off, and a lot of survivors like to run out of the exaggerate before you can hit them. Others like to sit there right at the gate so that you have to hit them twice wasting even more time. Regardless most people aren't going to risk leaving the exit. I've never once seen someone leave the exigate to tea bag and again I'm encroaching on 2,000 hours of killer.

• ProtokonProtokon Member Posts: 12

This used to be much worse before endgame collapse. There were games where I afked in corner as killer waiting to see how long survivors would wait to leave on their own. Some would easily stay 30-45 mins. Once I even waited 2 hours and gave up and just dc'ed.

I will never understand why survivors do this, but ultimately its just a way for them to bully the killer once they are 'safe'.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,789

You said it already, EGC takes care of this - just get something to drink. By the time you return the game magically ended.

Sometimes if the survivors are split between exits they will linger because they aren't sure if the other survivors are going to need help.

If the survivors are just hanging around to BM well, see me first sentence. I'm not sure why this still bothers people, it's not like the old days where they could hang out forever until you chased them out.

• DetectiveBingBongDetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67

If you're so simple minded so as to want to sit an additional 3 minutes in a game just to try and tilt the killer that you already beat then you're just a toxic timewaster. Survivor queues suck as is, why waste more time?

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 560

What's the difference between this and the killer taking shots at a hooked survivor? It goes both ways, even if it isn't right.

• OicimauOicimau Member Posts: 897
    edited February 2020

I stopped woring about tbags at exit gates when i stopped to be a "nice" killer. So, i was nice and kind, no harsh playing, and then my "tks" were a exit gate tbag? What the flock?!?

So, now, if they tbag, i just dont care, cause I didnt give then a chance, so no moral bounds were made to be abused.

And I go there and run then away, so I get some more BP and ends already the match. And if they tbag? Well, just a confirmation that I will tunnel when its best for me, and camp if its strategic in a end-game, and slug if needed, and, well, will play the game the most harsh way I can.

You tbagged at exit gates? Well, now you deserved it. I didnt give you chances. Do as you wish.

And what about the "nice" survivors? Well, they will understand its just a game. As much as I do when playing survivor, i dont get sad when a killer dont give me chances. And i will never tbag, no matter how the killer plays.

Tbag is toxicity. Playing harsh is fair play. I must get good, as much as the excelent survivors I get as killer whom are looping Gods. Offending other player will never be right, no matter what happens in the match.

• BubbaSawyerMeatsBubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108

i like when the survivors hang in there, its good for some last chances at getting your daily. Plus snoot booping on PIG.

• MisterCremasterMisterCremaster Member Posts: 613

Its unsportsmanlike, and I think it could be easily fixed:

1.) Survivors see the aura of other survivors in the exit gates. This way, the 'waiting for my team to be safe' is gone. You know they're safe, you can get out.

2.) Survivors cannot perform actions in the exit gate. No dead hard, no healing, no snapping out of it. If you want to play risky at the end of the game you could have easily escaped for more points, you do it out of the exit gates where you can get meaningfully downed by the killer. (not just knocked across the finished line)

3.) Stop giving extra points for hatch escapes. Make hatch escapes FEWER points, so you don't have guys wondering around the map looking for the hatch instead of just leaving.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,998
    edited February 2020

I had a bad game as Hag on the swamp map. Got a few hooks but gens were flying. They opened the gate near the shack and waited. I managed to down 1 before she got to the gate. I put her in the shack. They all tried to body block me but no luck. I got most survivors injured and one on the hook. They save her right in front of me and she body blocks with BT. They get to the gate and realize I was running BW. Priceless!!!!!!!

Turned 0k into 3k with that /kefka laugh

Maybe a point penalty for sitting at the gates for too long? Like when a killer refuses to leave a hook.

• Hunter_JoeHunter_Joe Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2020

Heh, rather than there be a 3 second timer and the survivor gets booted from the exit.

Why not just make it so that the entity blocks the exit for 2 or 3 seconds whenever a survivor leaves.

Add a little horror scramble at the end where they need to coordinate some more with the injured :P

You get achievements for crawling out the gate, but the way it works now all you have to do is just wait there and hope the killer hacks at you

Incentivized being hit vs fighting to get out the gate at the last second. Which sounds more entertaining?

• Hunter_JoeHunter_Joe Member Posts: 8

Or make a totem that does that, like a reworked bloodwarden or just a new totem altogether.

But if it's a totem gotta make it like 3 to 6 seconds.

Everytime a survivor passes through the exit and leaves the match the entity blocks the gates for 3 to 6 seconds

Bonus points if they can make it the individual gate the survivor exited.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,837

So you think you should be able to lose the game and then be given free kills because... your feelings were hurt? You don't think it's possible that perhaps some of the things you've done as a killer have upset survivors? The problem you are trying to fix has already been fixed. It's called the end game collapse. If you don't want to chase the survivors out then don't. The game will end no matter what you do within 2 minutes after the end game collapse start. If that's too long of a wait then just go push the survivors out and get a few extra bloodpoints for finding and hitting them. It's really up to you.

• HisQueenAshHisQueenAsh Member Posts: 1

Well then you will really enjoy the new killer. You’ll be able to harpoon them away from the exit gate. I think we will all learn our lesson when Deathslinger is released

• jayjay23vazjayjay23vaz Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2020

I've been playing for about 2 years now. Rank 1 consistently in survivor and lowest I've been in killer is rank 4. I'm a survivor main btw. There are a couple reasons survivors wait at the exit gates. One reason is that someone is hooked at endgame and the other survivors need to heal which the exit gates provide the safest place to heal in order to get back in and save him. Another could be someone is injured and getting chased towards the gate by the killer to which survivors will wait in case he gets downed or gets to the gate for a body block. The third reason I know of is simply to troll and be a pos. The main reason people stay at the gate after a match is to troll but not all the times. If a survivor has gotten downed the whole game and managed to escape he is simply being a troll. If a survivor has bested you the whole game and didn't get hooked then they may feel u deserve a tbag but it's still trolling. Do I think there should be a counter? No absolutely not. Only because every survivor doesnt tbag at the gate including myself unless the killer was extremely toxic. Blood warden is a perk that was made for this specific reason. So if u dont like the gate tagging try running noed and blood warden together and get a hook as soon as the gates are open and everyone's screwed. As a survivor main I may seem biased but honestly the gate is supposed to be the safest place on the map hence why u have to fight to open em.

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 560

What about killers that grief hooked survivors? Do you feel that's unsportsmanlike too?

• self_healerself_healer Member Posts: 28

Well I see them doing that as an opportunity to earn some bloodpoints so you should take that time to go earn some bloodpoints by kicking whatever pallets are left on the map closing the hatch or putting traps down as trapper, hag, or portals as demogorgon

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,096

If I'm in a Chase or on the hook during EGC, even if the people are too immersed to to come help, I'd rather them stay in the match or at the exit gate because it puts pressure on the killer to decide what to do. When everyone leaves? It's easy for him to focus on whoever is left.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,028

While the manners arent very nice he does have a point, what does it matter if they stand at the Exit Gates waiting for you to press crouch?, just go there, force them out and be done with it.

• Potatoe_MonkeyPotatoe_Monkey Member Posts: 2

I don't know about most players but I for one don't like leaving anyone behind, if the gate is open I will wait till everyone is out or save anyone who is hooked or body block at the gates for a injured teammate trying to escape so this mechanic would be stupid, also survivors would just play around it by not standing to close to the gate... Regardless it would not benefit anyone.

• MiktheSpikMiktheSpik Member Posts: 74

Thr fact that you honestly want something like this is stupid. I personally wait at the gates to give the hit bp to killers. If im gonna escape ill at least give then a little bump to make sure everyone gets the most out of a game, but.... With people like OC with this kind of attitude. Seems killers only want to be treated special and never get the short stick. Seems people like you dont deserve stuff like that. I too see survs waiting for me, but i usually assume its for the same reason i do. Either don't go to the exit gates and let any potential end game kills slip by so you dont.have your ego shattered by such a small gesture or just take.the bp they are handing you and get into the next game. Although might i suggest you take a break after every time a surv gets out cause you clearly get tilted as [BAD WORD] whenever it happens.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,211

Well, I wasn't around for the pre-EGC so I never asked for it. And I do deal with thanks.

• ZionSairinZionSairin Member Posts: 3

Had a moment on PTB where a pretty obvious four stack took maxed out flashlights and tried to bully my poor trapper (I was testing the trap reset mechanic) and they all wanted to butt dance until the literal last second in the gate so I just positioned myself against a wall looking up and went to grab some water. EGC would kill them or they’d leave, up to them. Wasn’t really toxic about it postgame either, for the first time. Just told them to go have fun. Kinda bitter. Cause I don’t have friends (least that still play DBD)

• FishTacoDeluxeFishTacoDeluxe Member Posts: 54

It's only BM when they dont let you give a slap on the butt on their way out. Free BP my friend. Take it however you get it. If it really bothers you that much you could always DC denying them of escape points..... oh wait. Seriously though unless they're spamming vaults and lockers its generally not considered BM.

• ImmersionImmersion Member Posts: 16

This is not an issue, and also, if you are lucky you can sometimes get one before they get out with NOED and a good lunge.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,945

If you down a survivor at the gate you have 3 seconds to pick them up.

🍪

• UnXcep1ionalUnXcep1ional Member Posts: 11

I feel your pain. Just a quick word of advice and I mean this with all due respect to you: save your breath and your time. The devs have proven to be completely uninterested in making the game fun for Killers. So, until this starts to affect the company's profits, Killers will simply need to find fun in ways that do not involve winning.

• ZamblotZamblot Member Posts: 253

You can easily do something about it. Hit them... And plus you get bloodpoints so it really doesn't do much

• AlyzZefiraAlyzZefira Member Posts: 2

As a survivor i usually stay to see if the others make it. If someone got hook or downed etc.

BUT i admit im guilty of butt dancing on the exit gates