Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues XBOX One
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

Inverted Controls Bug xbox one

wydyadoitwydyadoit Member Posts: 144

There's a bug that causes the camera to invert randomly. It typically happens when getting downed, healed, saved from a hook, and other interactions not limited to the survivor. while pausing the game or pulling up the guide menu. I've learned that you can manually correct this by swapping your camera from normal to inverted and back again. it makes chases stressful because i tend to look down a lot when i'm chasing survivors or running away and then all of a sudden i'm staring into the sky and turning left instead of right.

im not 100% how to recreate the bug because it tends to happen randomly. i dont have video, because the in game footage doesnt show controller input.

Comments

• wydyadoitwydyadoit Member Posts: 144

it happened again just now. the survivors escaped and while walking around during the end of game sequence my controls randomly inverted causing me to look up instead of down. there was a minor frame drop right before it happened, but i didnt get to experiment with it much to find out anything else.

• MysticalMagic92MysticalMagic92 Member Posts: 116
    You're pressing the double square button by accident in your games then. This used to happen to me a lot and I had no idea why. The game actually maps yours invest control button to the double squares one. So, if this is getting or annoying you, just change it to something else. It's annoying, just try not to let your thumb slip on it.
  • wydyadoitwydyadoit Member Posts: 144

@MysticalMagic92 said:
    You're pressing the double square button by accident in your games then. This used to happen to me a lot and I had no idea why. The game actually maps yours invest control button to the double squares one. So, if this is getting or annoying you, just change it to something else. It's annoying, just try not to let your thumb slip on it.

i already knew that, but i promise i'm not. I have some of the most fluid inputs because i typically play fighting games and rhythm games with strict timing settings and beyond being fluid im also delicate when inputting because it speeds up reaction time and uses less energy. the fact that there is coding for an instant invert setting makes it all the more likely that it's a bug.

• flxversflxvers Member Posts: 1

I’m having a problem where I can’t change my common controls at all? Like even if I press the squares it doesn’t change and when I click y-axis in the common controls it doesn’t work either. I’ve uninstalled the game then reinstalled it I restarted it and everything but it never changes please help.