Homeβ€Ί Feedbackβ€Ί Feedback and Suggestions

Balance Changes | Cruel Limits, Blood Hound, & Hemorrhage

NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294
Prologue

Starting a thread series where I make changes to a few perks and see how much spotlight they get from the community. 😁

Cruel Limits

When a generator is completed, after 5 seconds, all vault locations and breakable walls are blocked by the Entity.

If a survivor drops a pallet, all blocked locations within 48/40/32 meters to that pallet are freed from the Entity.

Only the killer can bypass the blocked locations, and the auras of all blocked objects are revealed to the killer.

Blood Hound

Attacking a survivor with a basic attack will inflict the Hemorrhage status effect until the survivor either heals or is hooked.

Attacking a survivor with a basic attack will reveal the auras of all injured survivors for 10 seconds.

This perk has a cool-down of 40/50/60 seconds.

Hemorrhage

Instead of increasing the frequency a survivor leaves a blood trail.

Hemorrhage will now make blood trails easier to see and expire slower than normal, depending on the status tier.

Epilogue

This is the part where I ask you to give me feedback! 😁

Post edited by NMCKE on

Comments

• RezblazeRezblaze Member Posts: 606

I like your Hemorrhage and Bloodhound buff.

Hemorrhage has more meaning to it as it almost literally attaches a string to the Survivor. Blood is pretty easy to track already, but having it trail behind a survivor in intervals is very scary for the injured person.

Bloodhound in your case needs a bit of a nerf. I don't think it should reveal all injured survivors when you JUST HIT someone. That's twice in a chase you can see survivors. I especially don't think it should be for ten seconds. Maybe JUST when you injure a survivor, which can second as a good chasing perk as it reveals their aura for a moment. But reduce that 10 seconds to like, 3/4/5 seconds on rarity.

Cruel Limits in your case is a bit less redundant than its current state, but still too weak and suffers from a similar issue; unless the Killer is in a chase, the Killer is usually searching for survivors. If this goes off and he isn't on a survivor, this is useless. Still too niche for me. I do think that it should be changed so that every completed gen permanently blocks all vault points in range of it. BHVR doesn't like permanent modifiers but it would make it a strong late-game perk if you chase someone into an area with a completed generator. Makes it more claustrophobic.

There are so many ways you can buff Cruel Limits, which only attributes to how bad the perk is.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294

I like your Hemorrhage and Bloodhound buff.

Hemorrhage has more meaning to it as it almost literally attaches a string to the Survivor. Blood is pretty easy to track already, but having it trail behind a survivor in intervals is very scary for the injured person.

That great, I'm happy we can agree to this change! 😁

Bloodhound in your case needs a bit of a nerf. I don't think it should reveal all injured survivors when you JUST HIT someone. That's twice in a chase you can see survivors. I especially don't think it should be for ten seconds. Maybe JUST when you injure a survivor, which can second as a good chasing perk as it reveals their aura for a moment. But reduce that 10 seconds to like, 3/4/5 seconds on rarity.

Actually, I believe the duration of the perk is fine — I think the perk needs a different condition to activate the aura reading.

Therefore, I think we should do the following:

Blood Hound: Changes

Attacking a survivor with a basic attack will inflict the Hemorrhage status effect until the survivor either heals or is hooked.

Attacking a survivor with a basic attack will reveal the auras of all injured survivors for 10 seconds.

This perk has a cool-down of 40/50/60 seconds.

Blood Hound

Initiating a chase with a survivor will reveal the auras of all injured survivors for 6/8/10 seconds. This effect has a permanent cool-down until you down a survivor.

This keeps the aura reading ability strong while making it useful for tracking weakened survivors during a chase. You can potentially drop a chase with a healthy survivor and use Bloodhound to find an injured survivor out of position. 😁

Cruel Limits in your case is a bit less redundant than its current state, but still too weak and suffers from a similar issue; unless the Killer is in a chase, the Killer is usually searching for survivors. If this goes off and he isn't on a survivor, this is useless. Still too niche for me. I do think that it should be changed so that every completed gen permanently blocks all vault points in range of it. BHVR doesn't like permanent modifiers but it would make it a strong late-game perk if you chase someone into an area with a completed generator. Makes it more claustrophobic.

There are so many ways you can buff Cruel Limits, which only attributes to how bad the perk is.

I'm just cautious because it can be extremely unfair to have things block you randomly. However, I feel like I have the perfect solution since you helped me think more critically, thank you!

Cruel Limits

When a generator is completed, after 5 seconds, all vault locations and breakable walls are blocked by the Entity.

If a survivor drops a pallet, all blocked locations within 48/40/32 meters to that pallet are freed from the Entity.

Only the killer can bypass the blocked locations, and the auras of all blocked objects are revealed to the killer.

This should fix the problem where the killer needs to be in a chase with a survivor to get value from the perk. 😁

See, I don't agree with the dropping of the Pallet for Cruel Limits either. Cruel Limits is niche; you have to be near a completed generator, which means you're being dragged away from where you can pressure already. Having a direct in-game counter where just dropping a pallet will unblock them will cause survivors to either drop a pallet after a gen is done to get it all unblocked, or to just wait and chase you over there, only to -inevitably- drop the pallet and unblock, which makes the perk as useless as it was before. This is especially true if the gen area has multiple pallets, like the central area of Lerys.

See, I don't agree with the dropping of the Pallet for Cruel Limits either. Cruel Limits is niche; you have to be near a completed generator, which means you're being dragged away from where you can pressure already. Having a direct in-game counter where just dropping a pallet will unblock them will cause survivors to either drop a pallet after a gen is done to get it all unblocked, or to just wait and chase you over there, only to -inevitably- drop the pallet and unblock, which makes the perk as useless as it was before. This is especially true if the gen area has multiple pallets, like the central area of Lerys.

That's good, the survivors are prematurely wasting their most precious resources to free up vaults and broken walls.

Furthermore, dropping a pallet only frees up that area, the rest of the map is still affected by Cruel Limits. 😁

They would have used the pallet anyway if they were running you to a desolate part of the map. Remember that the distance you make toward the end of the map that has generators completed, that's less pressure you have on gens that are not already done.

If you get ran there, and they drop the pallet, they can now run the tile as normal.

The best option would be to not get into that chase and keep pressuring gens. It doesn't reward you enough for chasing the bait.

• DreadnightDreadnight Member Posts: 35

Its interesting the idea of rework hemorrhage.

Bloodhound its not the best perk but it fulfills its function and i dont think it needs a rework.

About Hemorrhage... my idea is this:

Hemorrhage (functionallity added): While the survivor is not being healed, the current healing progression is lost 8% total progression per second. It works with injured status and agony status.

They would have used the pallet anyway if they were running you to a desolate part of the map. Remember that the distance you make toward the end of the map that has generators completed, that's less pressure you have on gens that are not already done.

Sorry for the late response, the forums don't give me an easy way to check my threads.

Anyways, on topic, let's say everything you said is true, survivors looped you and Cruel Limits wasn't effective.

Now, there are 2-1 generators left and you destroyed a decent amount of the pallets. This means during the late game, survivors are going to be playing without vaults and broken walls because there's simiply not enough pallets.

As you can see, Cruel Limits gets stronger as the game progresses because survivors are using their resources ever so slightly until they drain all their resources in a specific area. Think about the 3-gen strategy, good killers will force survivors to use all pallets in the area — this makes attempting a generator very dangerous. Couple that with my alternate version of Cruel Limits, survivors literally have NOTHING to defend themselves, NOTHING. All they can do is run away from you and hope they aren't poorly positioned.

Sure, you will have to do this before the 4th generator is completed, but the reward is tremendous. Now imagine if you was playing Billy, Bubba, Huntress, Nurse, Spirit, and Plague. Survivors checkmate, they are in an unwinnable situation and this excludes any other perks the killer may be using.

Give this idea a chance, you never know until you see it play out. 😁

Cruel Limits

edited March 1

IDK man, to me, it still sounds too situation and too niche to be useful enough for a perk slot. The Killer has enough to worry about in one match, its gotta justify the perk slot.

Personally? I would prefer making it an obsession perk.

CRUEL LIMITS

• Match selects an obsession
    • Whenever you enter a chase with the Obsession, Cruel Limits activates
    • Whenever the Obsession vaults over a window while in a chase with you, that window will be blocked for all survivors for 120/140/160 seconds.
    • This effect is terminated when you down the Obsession.

I think this would make it a very strong Obsession perk and make it useful for hindering the whole survivor team through the actions of the Obsession by chasing them down through the map.