Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

I apologize on behalf of Korean gamers the sudden influx of feminist posts regarding the new killer

fogking123fogking123 Member Posts: 3

Hey guys, some of you might be wondering what all the fuss is about regarding this massive onset of feminist posts that question the new killer's origin story (why did you set the story as a father killing daughter and why is her outfit so revealing that's so sexist etc etc).

If you're wondering why, a small portion of Korean DbD Twitter community kind of went viral and planned this launch of attack towards the official forum to uh, gain support for their act of feminism. Most of us feel very embarrassed by it.

Uh, Korean feminism movement right now is kind of like, what you would guys would expect from extreme feminists; except a significant portion of them run rampant on online communities posting men-detesting posts and whatnot, because it's such a small country and because..you know, Internet. Most of us, like you guys, support gender equality, men and women alike; it's just that because the population's so small, the Internet has allowed certain extremist groups to kind of..go wild online. It's like 4chan for you guys, except you can see it as two or three 4chan communities running rampant creating major social issues.

Rest assured, these rampant South Korean feminist posts are not the majority opinion, guys. That's why I decided to post this, to let you know that most of us are really excited about the new killer and you have our support for the awesome update. We're always excited to translate and experiment with new perks and abilities, and we thank you for the constant new stuff you guys always bring. Love the new map by the way.

Comments

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,700

i have heard bad things about south Korean feminists

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

Eh, least they weren't WOMAD.

• Kalec84Kalec84 Member Posts: 411

As long as it is extremism, it's always the same, no mattere were you go....

• GicheGiche Member Posts: 753
    edited August 2018

@fogking123 For real ?

The more the time goes on, the more i feel like living a South Park's episode IRL.

And no worries, intelligent people will not draw that kind of conclusion, there is extremist in every country.

Thanks again for the Insta-flashlight nerf btw :o)

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Is this for real though? I know feminism in the West tends to go way outta line, but Koreans, while somewhat weird... well, aren't they a tad too conservative for such crap?
    Not that we should worry I think. So far the gamer community worldwide seems practically immune to feminist (or PC, or SJW, etc) nonsense.
    Except, hm... hasn't a certain developer team just put a completely uninteresting new black character in their game, whose backstory goes a 100% against black stereotypes, only because you know, we gotta fight stereotypes? 
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,263

@fogking123 said:
    Hey guys, some of you might be wondering what all the fuss is about regarding this massive onset of feminist posts that question the new killer's origin story (why did you set the story as a father killing daughter and why is her outfit so revealing that's so sexist etc etc).

If you're wondering why, a small portion of Korean DbD Twitter community kind of went viral and planned this launch of attack towards the official forum to uh, gain support for their act of feminism. Most of us feel very embarrassed by it.

Uh, Korean feminism movement right now is kind of like, what you would guys would expect from extreme feminists; except a significant portion of them run rampant on online communities posting men-detesting posts and whatnot, because it's such a small country and because..you know, Internet. Most of us, like you guys, support gender equality, men and women alike; it's just that because the population's so small, the Internet has allowed certain extremist groups to kind of..go wild online. It's like 4chan for you guys, except you can see it as two or three 4chan communities running rampant creating major social issues.

Rest assured, these rampant South Korean feminist posts are not the majority opinion, guys. That's why I decided to post this, to let you know that most of us are really excited about the new killer and you have our support for the awesome update. We're always excited to translate and experiment with new perks and abilities, and we thank you for the constant new stuff you guys always bring. Love the new map by the way.

Thanks for the insight. I thought these were troll posts!

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294
    edited August 2018

@George_Soros said:
    Is this for real though? I know feminism in the West tends to go way outta line, but Koreans, while somewhat weird... well, aren't they a tad too conservative for such crap?

You haven't heard of the South Korean '8 Goddesses' scandal I see.

Link in case you're interested.
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/10/south-korean-officials-forced-to-resign-amid-8-goddesses-corruption-conspiracy/15419/

• HookedonDemandHookedonDemand Member Posts: 179

There is nothing feminist about the complaints. Feminism is about equality under the law and socially. I cannot see any relation to an undead killer woman in a horror survival game.

• fogking123fogking123 Member Posts: 3

@George_Soros said:

Haha yup, that used to be the case until like, a decade ago. But recently feminism movement in Korea is something like a.. wild boom. It's in response to a predominantly male-dominated household culture, I guess. It's a case of violence as a response to opposing an asymmetrical culture. I'm not saying I don't understand where they come from, but... it's a sad phenomenon, really.

• fogking123fogking123 Member Posts: 3

@HookedonDemand said:
    There is nothing feminist about the complaints. Feminism is about equality under the law and socially. I cannot see any relation to an undead killer woman in a horror survival game.

Exactly! Most of the Korean gaming community feels the same way.

• No_Cluie_LouisNo_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,084

@HookedonDemand said:

I think what he means is it's the feminists who are typing these ridiculous comments that the killer is too sexual

• pandorayrpandorayr Member Posts: 381
    edited August 2018

who complain this killer are sexist and some feminazis.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,075
    Non-issue. Ignore the posts and move on. If people weren't so easily triggered by anything possibly feminist then the posts would fade into obscurity. Posting a message on a forum is not an act of an extremist.
  • FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,630

It's pretty obvious they don't know much about the game, otherwise they would of seen that we have an equal distribution of gender and skin color when it comes to our character - so having this character is really nothing new.

Hell, they gave us topless David before they brought out The Spirit.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@fogking123 said:

I love how feminists always speak about gender equality but completely ignore the male side (shirtless david e.g.)
    Sexism at its best

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Mc_Harty said:

@George_Soros said:

You haven't heard of the South Korean '8 Goddesses' scandal I see.

Link in case you're interested.
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/10/south-korean-officials-forced-to-resign-amid-8-goddesses-corruption-conspiracy/15419/

I am, actually. Thank you, will check it out.
  • SpiritbxSpiritbx Member Posts: 261
    Hey, just like eastern feminism!  

Watched a video where they were complaining that student dept was a feminist issue because more women than men go to college...  

Although i suppose theres still some sexist views in korea, so at least i cant blame them for fighting for equality.
  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

@fogking123 said:

Send them to North Korea, so they can fight for women's right there.

• KilraneKilrane Member Posts: 88
    Kinda figured it was some kind of triggered radfem hive mind. Thanks for the info, I was wondering where these loons came from.