Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Every killer when box changes go live...

I will endure the sabo changes to nerf toolboxes any day of the week.

Also Deathslinger got me really hype.

Comments

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Honestly, I know its technically a nerf, but it combined with not losing items just means its a much more inviting thing to just bring.

AND you will be able to just use it for all its worth.

So yeah idk, I think it will be a much worse situation.

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

I might actually started using overwhelming presence now.

• evil_one_74evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

It's just one more thing that you have to adapt and overcome.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,010

Not really, any yellow or higher rank survivor used the item until it had almost no charges so they could escape with it, most people didnt lose their toolboxes unless they were killed or got Franklin'd with almost no charges.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I know, but its just a lot more casual now I feel, run in with a toolbox, rush part of the first gen, finish it and move on.

Just a quick nice boost with no extra effort of having to pay attention to the charges.

• ApeOfMazorApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

What? The toolbox changes weren't even good and the gens go too fast with or without toolbox.

• FrankieFrankie Member Posts: 807

Gen speed isn't the issue. It never was.

The issue is map balance.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

I don't understand this blatant falsehood. The issue isn't map balance; the issue is that three Survivors can be on generators at the same time while you chase one. Regardless of the map, three efficient gen-pushers can pound insane portions of the objective in the time it takes for the Killer to hook one person who sucks at looping. Gen times are insane, no matter the map.

If you think it's false in any way, you're bad at killer.

If gen speed was the issue, there wouldn't be maps that are more balanced than others.

It's not a non argument. Because I'm right. I'm not the only one who thinks this. Gen speeds have never been the issue. But hey, if all you can do is call what I say stupid, that shows you have no coherent response. Run along now.

• ImmortalReaverImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Toolboxes are still on the same level of usefulness, just in a different way. Killers won't rejoice.

I read the paragraph, and like this current post of yours, it's all one giant backhanded insult, which is all you seem to know how to do. Zero credibility lies with you because of the way you conduct yourself. Incapable of a debate without insults. Even when I've been respectful. Calm your proverbial #########, and perhaps I'll humor you. For now, all you seem to be able to do is throw around insults, which shows me you have no actual idea what you're on about.

That is proven completely false purely based on the fact that there are maps that are more killer or survivor sided. Play an M1, low mobility killer on Mother's Dwelling, then do it against the same survivors on Lery's. Tell me it's a "gen speed issue". Of course, this assumes you're at least half decent at killer, and judging by the "no gen speed r teh issue omg" statement, I'd say that's probably far from the truth.

Sorry bud - you can't win this one.

• ApeOfMazorApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Gen speed is too fast and thats a straight up fact bro. Quit being delusional. You can't win this one.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

Consider this. If maps were smaller, if loops were looked at (so you didn't have an infinite move into a jungle gym move into another jungle gym, for instance), a killer could more effectively patrol gens. More gen pressure, more pressure on survivors. A killer should conceivably be able to hit nearly every gen on a map in 80 seconds, not take 80 seconds to cross a map. Even M1 killers would be in a better place if they could hit all areas of the map easier than currently.

That doesn't mean gen times aren't an issue. Having three or four survivors on a gen should be looked at. But the base gen time of 80 seconds? That's fine in my book. Holding M1 for longer is just boring.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Maps like that do exist in the form of the Chapel and Hawkins. But guess what? Even on those maps, if the Survivor gets one Dead Hard for distance off or finds one lucky pallet spawn—if the chase is extended even a few seconds beyond optimal time, regardless of if it was a mistake on the Killer’s part or mere RNG working in the Survivor’s favor—the amount of the objective shaved off by three Survivors who know how to hold M1 skyrockets. And if you abandon that chase to go pressure the gens? The Survivor you abandoned will just do gens themselves. It’s a lose-lose situation. The simple fact that Killers can’t be in 4 places at once means that Survivors can strip their pressure with even basic gen efficiency.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind wants gen times to be extended. It’s a known fact that when you’re not being chased, Survivor is an M1 simulator. Anyone worth their salt who thinks objective times are the issue would much rather have a second objective added—not a secondARY objective; totems are a pathetic excuse of a diversion—a second objective.

• MeiygoMeiygo Member Posts: 89

One thing i wanna syo to that section:

the question is: wihitch killer are ouy playing?

oneshot killers are very strong, also mobility killers with high range.

just 2 facts gens without toolbox

1 survivor: 80 seconds per gern

3 survivors: 33 seconds.

this is absolutly too fast. with toolboxes they are faster. if you play against a very well survivor you need 2-3 minutes to down him. in this time the gens will fly away. Old ruin was the only slowdown perk to givte you time. now it´s useless and i have many problems as killer main to get a 4 k without playing freddy.

so they really have to change something. for example if a gen is done he could be active for 7 minutes. after that time it could be offline and has to be for 10-20%. that would be very good in my opinion.

for example 120seconds per gen solo, 100 second 2 survivors, 80 seconds 3 and 60 second all 4.

what do you think about that ?

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

@Demogordon_Ramsay A bad chase isn't on the gen times, though, that's just chase mechanics. That's where perk builds, map awareness, and pressure come into play.

Again, I'm not saying gen/objectives shouldn't be looked at, but it's maps that are the overall issue. If you could tone those down and rework tiles, you would get a much better picture at gen times.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Can someone draw me a picture of trapper trying to fit all the perks killers need to use to balance the game already, and then a BHVR employee coming in, and just dumping Franklins, Brutal Strength, Hangman's Trick, Infectious Fright, and Knock Out on him.

• siren_sorceresssiren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

They have to make up buffs so they can continue feeling bad for themselves. Sheesh.