Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

BHVR Wth guys..?

> Late DLC again.

> Make Doctor even MORE frustrating to play against.

> Butcher Hex: Ruin

> Fortnite Battlepass

> No more events

> Slugged survivor sound bug

> Survivor queue times

> Gen speed

> No console KBM support

> In game rank disparities

You knew we were waiting two weeks (like usual) for the PTB patch to spice the game up. Only to release the real release date a day before our expected date to seem as though you were informing us.

Can you not see veterans of the game quitting? We as a community want to help better Dead by Daylight, but honestly we just get the impression that we aren't a priority.

Comments

  • mrdeadmrdead Member Posts: 51

    Quitting for what? A week?

  • Auron471Auron471 Member Posts: 1,308

    people are allowed to be upset by the fact that something got delayed you know. We can both be upset at the delay, and glad that they arent giving us a rushed product.

  • BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

    No one could have said it better.

    Who the hell cares, spend your $10 on some coffee or something, Jesus.

  • PyroGLPyroGL Member Posts: 239

    Nothing has been delayed. With no announcement date, there is no deadline, and thus, no way to be delayed. Just because there is a historic pattern, doesn't mean it is a certainty.

  • SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,130

    I think what they are upset about is that they planned their "responsibilities or matters" around the expected release date and then werent informed about the change until the day before.

    I'm not too pushed myself though, they never announced a date so its kinda people own faults for expecting it to follow the pattern I guess

  • TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

    Besides, the march 10th date was announced on metacritic and other websites days prior, its not like people were completely unaware of a different release date.

  • PigpenPigpen Member Posts: 58

    As far back as I can remember they've always released their DLCs two weeks after the PTB. There may have been some exceptions. I remember Ghostface getting two PTBs because the first one went really bad. So I can understand why people are upset, they were looking forward to playing as or against a new killer Tuesday and now they have to wait another week. It sucks. Oh well. Life goes on.

  • SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,130

    Very true. But if it was known days ago why were we only official informed a few hours before a lot of people expected it?

  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050
    edited March 2020

    Can we just be happy with what we got for once?

    I understand not everything is perfect, far from it actually, but the game has improved a lot over the past years. Give it time, things, unfortunately, don't happen as fast as you may like — the developers can't just make things happen from thin air.


    I don't think it's the developers fault anymore, I believe the community needs to be more patient and understand how game development functions.

    Post edited by NMCKE on
  • IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 977


    Are they though? With the amount of issues broken with the game.. Is now really the time to be implementing more new content that we know will break the game even more? Saboing is now completely ridiculous, toolboxes are now useless for anything other than saboing, Wall breaking is going to be game breaking, the new map is too dark for most players and the new killer is just a reskin of the huntress but weaker.

  • GodotGodot Member Posts: 806

    Oh nice, more complaints. Let's see here..

    1. Devs were probably doing something else or were actually putting hard work into the upcoming DLC so whiney babies stop complaining about bugs and other stuff.

    2. Sometimes a killer just has to be overpowered and challenging to play against.

    3. Ruin is fine the way it is right now. I don't know why so many people complain. I personally think the hex skill check thing was annoying as hell.

    4. Battle pass is a trend in recent games and even though you hate to see it, it works out pretty well, remember that.

    5. Most recent event was the lunar new year event. What the hell do you want, Easter event? Finding easter eggs hidden on maps to get a little bit of bloodpoints?

    6. Bugs will be fixed eventually.

    7. Queue times were always a pain, and always will be a pain. Not for me personally, I live in the perfect timezone. Only time matches are hard to find are night time.

    8. Git gud lul

    9. Console sucks.

    10. Not sure what that means.


    I believe in BHVR, and you should do too.

  • BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,090

    Doctor is frustrating to go against? I guess someone needs to get gut

  • ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

    > Late DLC again.

    Its not late as no date was ever announced, just because you assume something based on past events does not make it real.

    > Make Doctor even MORE frustrating to play against.

    They adressed the exact problem people had, namely that it requires the doctor player to actively know/guess where survivors are, before it was passive and that is what survivors deemed cheap.

    > Butcher Hex: Ruin

    Ruin is different now, idk how much experience you have with it but it can still be super fun/effective but whatever I never used Ruin anyway, too cheap, atleast now its more fair.

    > Fortnite Battlepass

    Crying over optional content which will cost you nothing as long as you do the tasks? smh...

    > No more events

    Yep, I agree, this is some lazy boring bs, I loved the events, I miss them greatly.

    > Slugged survivor sound bug

    Yep, this is also bs, survivor bugs get fixed asap, killer bugs have to wait.

    > Survivor queue times

    Play killer then? reduce the queue time for others while you get fast games yourself?

    > Gen speed

    Yep, bit of an issue, but also, git gut.

    > No console KBM support

    Playing the game on console and blaming BHVR for no proper KB&M support lol

    > In game rank disparities

    You are kinda doubling up on issues to arbitrarly lengthen your list, Ruin, Gen speed, Survivor Queue and Rank disparities are all kinda the same related issue.

  • JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,142
    edited March 2020

    I think the rank disparities should be on this list. So many screenshots posted here and on Reddit of new yellow rank killers facing battle hardened red rank SWFs makes me worry that many killers will leave the game.

    This is not caused by Ruin, gen speeds or survivor queues. Although I accept that BHVR may have switched off matchmaking checks because of the problems they have caused.

  • A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,456

    What a way to suck up to the developers who apparently do no wrong. I don’t exactly like to insult them but there comes a time where holding them accountable for their mistakes is a valid thing to do. Telling people to believe in them when they make the wrong judgement calls time and time again isn’t going to get people to believe in them.

  • ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

    It is...its a result of not enough killers playing at the Red Ranks, which happens because of GEN SPEED which cant be countered anymore because of RUIN.

    Because of this the search parameters widen, because in the end its more desired to get a match with possible rank miss-matching / bad ping, then no match at all.

    Thats why you end up with these RANK DISAPARITIES after a long SURVIVOR QUEUE time which take long because the search parameters widen because it cant find properly ranked killers because gen speeds prevent them from doing well because ruin was nerfed so their number 1 counter they relied on is gone.

  • JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,142

    There was supposed to be a hard limit of a 6 rank disparity. Even THAT was rough as it matched red rank with green but they really need to put that limit back.

    Yes it will lengthen queue times but as more lower rank killers are giving up, that also lengthens the queue times.

  • GodotGodot Member Posts: 806

    What? I was literally responding to the thread maker guy's remarks about the game.

    I see nothing wrong with that.

  • CodelaCodela Member Posts: 96

    Why is it that the people who start cry-threads like this one always disappear forevermore after their original post?

    Like, what's your point exactly? Just wanted to vent? :D

  • SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

    Well, would you rather want a broken DLC today or wait a week to let BHVR fix whatever they need to.

    Also they made Doctor better than ever. He’s probably the main reason I haven’t quit yet. Amazing to play as and against. They also fixed the biggest problem Survivors had with him, which was that he could passively find Survivors with ease and now he has to guess where they are first.

  • Andy111777Andy111777 Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2020

    Seems like people want quantity over quality which seeing this is dead by daylight we prefere the latter. It's not like we bought the dlc already so no need to get upset.


    Edit.: also who knows maybe it is delayed because console verification always takes a bit longer and they did day they want to try and release all the dlc at the same time

  • HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,762

    They never said the date for the DLC release, the rift pass does not affect you so how does it matter?, Doc isn't frustrating, Ruin is really good with surveillance, We still get events but they are different, I never heard this bug actually happen, survivor queue times are due to killers on xbox, GEN SPEED IS FINE, its a good thing kbm is not available on console as this will create an unfair advantage, devs know about ranks

  • Fengmin200Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64


    Don't think that, I have a lot of friends who have never returned to the game. 🤣


    The game is saved by newcomers.. i think

Sign In or Register to comment.