Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

What makes you a survivor/killer main?

deolliedeollie Member Posts: 168

I'm curious to see why some people choose to play one side more than the other.

I'm personally a killer main due to the fact that the gameplay is a lot more fun for me and overall it's just more interesting compared to playing survivor.

Comments

• WeaponXMetsuWeaponXMetsu Member Posts: 79

I can consider myself a killer main. I loved playing killer and before ranks got messed up it used to be 80% of what I played for a time, but recently it's gotten so hard. Sometimes when you start out with a team of red ranks it makes me think if I want to continue playing killer. Like, if the game goes by way too fast I just basically wasted my time "playing" or simulating playing the game. That's when I knew it was time to hang up my killer main role. Since I'm casual I'm not going to go for the long hours of learning every killer to their max potential.

• KeezoKeezo Member Posts: 449

Started as a surv main as killer lobbies took too long, then i switched to killer as infinite loading screens finally broke me, and (old)Doctor gave me the loving embrace i needed to stay a killer main 'til the end of time.

• deolliedeollie Member Posts: 168

I feel the same way when I play survivor. Like it's fun at first, but after a few games I'm either annoyed from teammates/killers or I'm bored.

• mrdeadmrdead Member Posts: 50

Survivor. Mostly just enjoy the challenge and the huge Killer wait times are crap... I can play 2 games before I get a lobby most of the time. Then there's how toxic even rank 20 survivors are. Not worth my time.

• Jigsaw_pprentice1993Jigsaw_pprentice1993 Member Posts: 221

Killer i love to be in chases all the time especially if i really outplay them or find a fun trick to do

• gatsbygatsby Member Posts: 2,276
    edited March 2020

I’m a survivor main because the characters are more relatable you know because they look like or in some cases ARE real people.

In case you’re wondering which Killers I play occasionally the answer is Legion and Freddy. Because they actually look like real people. Freddy is pretty scarred up but I’ve seen real people with burns that look similar

Also, I tend to be a Support main in games and survivor is the altruistic role

• Jigsaw_pprentice1993Jigsaw_pprentice1993 Member Posts: 221

Besides from demogorgon every killer is human yes even my main the pig

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,985

probaply the fact that i dont enjoy survivor gameplaly...

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Whether or not I'm allowed to have fun.

As a killer, being an ex Nurse main, all my fun has been taken away.

As a survivor, all the fun is still there.

I understand not wanting to go against try hard players. I started to play killer more often and at first it was fun, but as my rank got higher I kept getting matched with swf (literally got like 3 in a row once) and it's just not fun getting looped constantly or "bullied."

I'm just not the type to try super hard at killer so I lose interest when I get players who wanna play super competitively.

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Me teammates are... well, you know; I hate pressing M1 for the victory; the killers I go against are also like my meg teammates and Q times atm

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,267

I just love playing survivor. I like the feeling to escape. The feeling of the chase, saving someone, leaving them behind, playing with randoms(sometimes) and friends(sometimes). Playing killer is lonely, i like playing with people and helping them. Even if they screw me over. I always play Support, so I'm well acquainted with the abuse.

This is true. Rank definitely does not determine the skill of some players, that's for sure.

I get insulted when playing survivor though too, mainly when I use urban evasion for some reason 🤷 They think I'm just crouching the whole when I'm just trying to be safe and emerse 😂😂

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,573

I prefer to not be attacked.

I also like to not have to depend on others for my success.

• ClumsyBunnyClumsyBunny Member Posts: 48

To be honest. I love the way kate looks and her backstory. Plus it’s really fun to play as a survivor especially SWF

• LucianLucian Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2020

Was a killer main, but I can't find any reason to continue playing the game. It's just not fun as a killer, and the "horror" aspect is misleading when survivors don't fear you, quite the opposite aside from the random "oh there's GF or Pig..".

• andyollollollandyollolloll Member Posts: 940

I enjoyed killer at low ranks but once you get playing survivors on comms you realise you can't be everywhere but they can.

So I play survivor now which is boring waiting for a game even if killers get insta lobbies.

The new batch matchmaking should stop killers getting insta lobbies which will be interesting for the game

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 717

i’m a killer main, despite finding survivor more enjoyable because of bloodpoints, can’t stand randoms, and despise how other killers play, so i can be in control of that

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 4,888

I play survivor more because I love to talk. If I'm not in a swf I'll either play killer for a hour or another game.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,240

I'm colorblind so im pretty much forced to be a survivor main

• SirCrackenSirCracken Member Posts: 975

I'm a killer main because I'm an overachieving masochist who enjoys breaking down a brick wall with nothing but a plastic spoon and my own skull.

• MaievhMaievh Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2020

Survivor - bought the game because of the coop aspect, if not for that i wouldn't have looked twice at it.

There are a couple killers that looks fun to play but the little interest I have toward trying it is choked out by the current matchmaking system.

Edit: typo

Randoms can be the the death of us sometimes... Literally 😂😂

• scarslookgoodscarslookgood Member Posts: 157

I find it dull to play killer, so I main survivor. Also, my wife and I play together so survivor is our only option.

For me, killer is a monotony of find-chase-down-hook, find-chase-down-hook, like I could waltz to it. The way I play survivor engages my thinking in a different way. I have to think about where I want to run, what gens I want to do, how to stay hidden, hunt for totems, unhook, heal, try to play last minute hero, and a variety of other things. Usually I switch perks every two matches, so I'm in a constant state of adapting and reconfiguring how I operate.

When I do play killer, I prefer M1 killers because I have to give additional thought to where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Hmm... I never thought about it like that, maybe they could add a setting to the game that changes the way it can be viewed?

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

You must play at rank 10 to feel like a predator as killer. I play killer because the queue times are faster and its so incredibly boring to stomp on killers as survivor.