Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

I did the math, and this game is not cheap to get into

2»

Comments

• elvangulleyelvangulley Member Posts: 569

I just bought the game with all dlc last week on steam for 120 if im remembering right probably will get the new killer when he comes out

• FogNoobFogNoob Member Posts: 109

Dude.... there is NO WAY it takes 10 hours to get 1000 shards, even if you're doing poorly.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Only an idiot would say this game isn't expensive to get into. The reason why it's a good game is not because it's "cheap to start" it's because you can take your time getting all the parts of it, and you can put your money only towards the parts you want. However even then if you consider time is money - it takes a long time to get the bp to even unlock all the perks on each killer/survivor. While the game at the same time encourages you to play all of the different killers, and all of the different survivors at the same level.

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118

As a sims player, I’m gonna disagree. My wallet hurts after playing Sims 4 for so long.

Anyways, you hardly NEED some killers to be successful, and you spend your money how you want to. Most of the best perks in terms of survivor, are:Adrenaline, DeadHard, We’re gonna life forever for points, Borrowed Time etc. These are base game. The only counter-able argument for this is DS, but that’s only ONE. I don’t know killer well enough to distinguish the best perks, but NOED, Nurses, and Sloppy are all basegame and seem to be frequently ran.

How about going out for gas? That can be 27-36 bucks depending on where you live. That’s 3-4 DLC’s.

There’s also HumbleBundle and other code sites that can sell said codes for the game itself or DLC’s for a lot cheaper. Your math only contributes to buying it when there aren’t sales, which the game itself becomes SUPER cheap— same with the DLC’s.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 2,685

If you really want to be big brain about buying dlc put 1,000 bucks into a stock that pays dividends and pull the 20 or so bucks out every quarter and buy dlc with it.

Make them buy the games for you.