Home Discussions General Discussions

A possible fix to 99ing exit gates

Comments

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Right because the killer doesn't lose emblem points to

• survivors healing,
    • escaping grasp via ds, flashlight stun, pallet stun, bodyblocking, sabotaging hooks, etc.
    • staying in close proximity to hooked survivors

What points are you talking about? The BP values that I have already maxed in all catagories, because you get +100 in every bp catagory for doing literally anything from using your power, hitting survivors, or just looking at a survivor?

Yeah no. At the end of a match. I want you to gtfo, or die trying.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,020
    edited March 2020

Okay? But you were complaining about survivors staying longer than YOU wanted them to. Stop complaining about the other side doing whatever they can to benefit themselves. You're looking out for yourself, so stop whining when survivors do the same. Like I said, they get caught out all the time anyway trying to get themselves extra stuff, so I don't see why there is even a reason to complain. Force them out when you can, or run a tracking perk like Whispers if you want to prevent them from trying to maximize their games.

I don't see it as a tool for killers, as I see it as the last thing in the way of a survivors completing their objective. Which is surviving. Though you are free to assume whatever you want, but i'm sure you know how the saying about being assumptious goes.

They are not looking out for themself. They are directly ignoring their objective becasue they don't have a threat anymore to complete their objective.

The Killer's objective is to kill.

But sure, keep trying to twist what i'm talking about - it's doing you wonders.

edited March 2020

What are you on about? You're literally sitting here complaining about the fact that survivors choose to maximize their games when they have the opportunity to do so. Once the main objective is done, they look for side objectives to do when they have the chance. It makes zero sense to do the side objectives before the main objectives.

If only the killer didn't have to wait 2 minutes after they give up either 🤣

Don't give up then. You have the option to force them out or find them. Stop complaining about your choices to not exercise an action that you can do. What do you expect them to do after you give up? You're giving them the opportunity to get extra items or points.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 3,168
    edited March 2020

I think they should regress slowly to like 90% just so they have to at least hold it for a few seconds if they leave it.

It does seem silly that you can just 99 gates every time and that means no one can ever use blood warden anymore. Like it's a counter that requires no real effort beyond knowing that the perk exists and just only tapping it when it's time to go.

You already have to down and hook someone to activate it, having a counter that is reliable like 98% of the time seems a bit much.

But that is like the ONLY reason I can think to change this, and honestly I hate dying to blood warden so I hope they never do that haha.

edited March 2020

Still your trying to twist it. The survivors only objective is to survive, saving others I believe is fine. If you leave a door at 99 and go for a save, to me that's also fine. Though not really needed as HAVING SOMEONE ON HOOK SLOWS THE EGC TIMER. To that extent, the dev's have already taken the precautions to cater to the survivors that want to make saves at the end of the game. What other use does leaving the door at 99 do? To bully the killer, farm points, and find items. Two of those things are things that i'm pretty sure the Dev's don't like?

From what I suggested, the gates regressing. Then the Killer would have a chance to stop both survivors from getting out, and when gen's get done so fast - that's what most killers only have to rely on. It would be immensly difficult for 2 survivors, but easy for 3.

I also have a belief that when the last gen pops the game should just end. I wouldn't mind that either. Remove the hatch while they are at it. However if the gates exist, EGC exists. Then I am going to want to balance it for both sides, not just one. Regardless what you try to twist what I say, or assume what I believe i'm going to be against bullying any player, and suggest things to move away from having players have the ability of doing that.

When I say there is 0 threat. I mean there is 0 threat, and I don't think any player should be given free win's without some work.

• mmainmmain Member Posts: 430

When I'm playing survivor and get close to a gate that was only 99'd it's going to be 100 real quick. I've seen too many times where you end up with 2 or 3 survivors dead because someone 99'd a gate trying to save one person. The couple of seconds it takes to run beside the gate, hit that last 1 percent, and then get out as opposed to being able to run straight out can make all the difference.

Give it a rest with your mind games. I don't even know when I once said anything that would even try to make me sound like a victim 🤣. I am red ranks survivor just as much as I am a red rank killer. I abuse 99ing the exit gate, and hatch just as much as the next guy. Which is why at the same time I understand that if you are playing a game where your one and only goal is it "Survive at any means neccesary". Ignoring that objective to give another player the chance at securing that same objective should come with some kind of fallback on yourself. It should not be that you can just 99 a door, and then 2 people escape for free.

Then again with this thread and several other threads I see you in. This is all you can do to try and push your personal survivor sided opinions.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 994
    edited March 2020

How about Hex: Ruin passively regressing the gates as well? Like a bonus for the lil fella living that long....

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,045

I agree, it's a solution in search of a problem. EGC has its purpose and already favors The Killer. You don't even have to Chase, because The Entity will kill them for you and you get full credit. If I killed three and one gets out, not losing sleep over it.

• ZFennecFoxZFennecFox Member Posts: 462
    edited March 2020

We know that what we want is to put pressure on survivors to make on the fly moves not just to all heal up at a 3 lit door then bone rush the hook because they can.

Opening the door your self as a Killer isn't very advantageous because it freely provides the Survivors a means of escape. Changing EGC to the last gen puts the pressure on survivors to make these so called last minute things.

This game is so survivor favored already how about cutting the Killers a break and actually making survivors sweat once in a while. "Do I look for his totem or do I save myself?, do I go for this unhook?" Give survivors a bit of stress room.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 528
    edited March 2020

Nothing needs to be changed. Killers can open the gates when they want to.

• FreakPrinceFreakPrince Member Posts: 344

God forbid giving survivors the chance to maximize their outcome when killers can slug the 3rd person to get a 4K :0

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

Make Entity kill 1 random survivor after every 1/4 of the end game time bar, or make gates regress back to 0%.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 5,228

EGC isn't a tool for killers, stop trying to make it so, the EGC is ONLY meant to make sure matches end, it's not supposed to force survivors to do anything, it's not supposed to kill them, it's only to stop survivors sticking around and immersing themselves for 30 minutes after the gates are open.

what mind games? Yet again playing victim to nothing, as per usual. this is yet another issue, anything survivors do is "abuse", not strategy, anything killers do is "strategy" and not abuse. It's double standards and it's boring. and with this whole "survivor sided opinion bs", what survivor side exactly? I'm sorry that I understand the EGC isn't supposed to apply pressure and is only meant to provide the match with a definite end, not force survivors into doing things or not doing things, this is yet another thread of killers not understanding mechanics and then trying to turn them into something that benefits them. It's utterly useless talking to you anyway because you think ending the match after 5 gens are done is a good idea, nice defeatist attitude, have you ever once said "I played bad this match" or is it always "wow survivors are so strong". I can muster a guess as to which you go for lmao.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,833

There isn't a problem to fix. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And DS must be only anti-tunneling thing, but survivors use it to genrush and protect unhookers. A free escape.

I dont care. Make the gates regress or kill survivors. Its for good.

No, killers made the rule that DS must only be used for such, there's plenty of other survivors to down, the only thing I will accept is that DS is an issue at end game, if DS is the thing that makes you lose the match you're just a bad killer. Also how does DS help survivors "gen rush" another made up thing by killers.

• OshiOshi Member Posts: 306

Gate have three lamps. progress is 25-49, 50-74, 75-99. If you drop gate progress at 99 it will regress to 75%, if 74 to 50% and etc. 

When did the DS description become "Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor and immediately escape the trial".