Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.6.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

People will actually quit the game if the toolbox and sabo changes go through

2»

Comments

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

and you're not very bright of your head, i see. toolboxes will not repair even a half of a generator anymore. they don't last long. it's obviously a nerf.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,454

First, you should be not that rude with a person that you don't know, second as a main survivor I know it is a buff, the old toolboxes had 80 charges yes, but fixed a gen in 67 seconds more or less. New ones yes, don't last long but can repair a gen in less than 50 secs. That's a buff.

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    edited February 2020

uhh no, there are SO LITTLE charges that on some toolboxes you'll get less than 10% done with the toolbox. to make it more decent they added speed to them, so overall they're much less efficient than the current ones

• luciandurialucianduria Member Posts: 5

Dude they should REMOVE toolboxes u got enought speed on gens and genrush is already a huge problem so stop bitching.

• luciandurialucianduria Member Posts: 5

And dont even talk about vacuum pallets everubodu knew that was bs

• PapiQuentin_PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889

I'm not bitching, toolboxes did need a nerf but they didn't need to become near useless without add ons or with other toolboxes.

Vacuum pallets were bs and I'm glad they were removed.

Many things have been removed from the game cause BOTH sides have bitched and whined every single patch. Why cant everyone shut up and play the game?

• Whiskers93Whiskers93 Member Posts: 95

I might just switch to being a troll survivor and just ######### around constantly

• RezblazeRezblaze Member Posts: 818

You also seem to conveniently forget that hooks respawn faster too. 30 seconds is all it takes unless a survivor runs a perk for it. Literally just put the survivor down, or run Agitation and punish them for it. There's more than enough hooks you can go to, and by the time the sabo issue is passed, your hook is gonna respawn.

I had zero issues with the sabotaging so far, and when it did ######### me over, its because I got outplayed not because it was imbalanced. Take the L and move on.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 4,104

Yeah I know on the new map there's a breakable wall in the killer shack. That infamous loop has a breakable wall right next to the "God Pallet" they nerfed the god pallet and killers will leave. Besides, even if the survivors use saboteur to break all nearby hooks, that means they aren't on generators!

If only there was a popular killer perk that instantly regressed a chunk of generator progress.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

When I look at the changes I don't see generators going as fast. Since toolboxes have fewer charges that means they cannot be used as much. Sure, all 4 survivors can run toolboxes. However, this boost will be limited to a single generator in most cases so yes, technically all for survivors could split up at the start of a match and stack 15-25% on 4 different generators all at once.

This however does not mean the end of the world as there are multiple perks to recall.

HEX: Ruin in it's current state will punish survivors for leaving generators so if 2 survivors add 50% to a generator with their toolboxes and you chase them away it will regress at double the speed. With Pop Goes the Weasel you can easily instantly regress 25% of repair progress on the spot. With Corrupt Intervention the 3 generators survivors are most likely to try and repair first are locked for a full 2 minutes. Discordance alerts you when there is potential for a quick gen so you know where to pressure. Gear Head will help you find survivors that are good after a few hits. And Dead Man's Switch will lock generators for up to 45 seconds after you hook the Obsession if survivors let go of a generator. (A frequent measure used to counter BBQ.) Heck! Overwhemling Presence doubles the charge usage of a toolbox as well so stack that with Discordance and have a field day! Use Franklin's if you have to! There's a lot going for killers to stop gen repairs or make the toolboxes less effective.

As for the Sabo stuff, all hooks will respawn in 30 seconds. So, assuming your hook get's sabotaged and you lack perks to help you just drop the survivor ASAP. MASH that drop button. Then start trying to injure nearby survivors. Keep an eye out for sometime trying to rush in and "E FOR THE PEOPLE!" If someone does "E FOR THE PEOPLE!" smack the survivor down again. Then just wait out the rest of the timer. Keep in mind that every survivor sabotaging hooks is one less survivor on a generator.

If you feel especially concerned about Saboteur some perks that are good to consider are: Agitation and Mad Grit. I'd actually recommend staying away from Iron Grasp. Iron Grasp reduces the movement from wiggling by 75% sure, but it only increases the wiggle time by 2.4 seconds to 22.4 from 20. Agitation makes you move 18% faster which should make body blocking a heck of a lot harder for survivors. Mad Grit might be good as striking a survivor is easier and "stuns" the carried survivor for a bit giving you more time to find another hook.

So if you're truly worried about the new chapter, might I suggest starting out with:

Add-ons of your choice (most standard M1 killers)

HEX: Ruin

Agitation

BBQ and Chili

Enduring

or if you main Legion like myself.

Iridescent Button ( Makes TR affect the whole map when in Frenzy.)

Stolen Sketchbook or Etched Ruler (Make Frenzy longer or available sooner)

Overwhelming Presence - Items Consumed at 2x the rate while in TR

Franklin's Demise - Items lose 10 of charges on hit

Agitation or Mad Grit

Enduring

At the end of the day, no amount of complaining is going to stop the patch so here are my suggested solutions for what ails you. Are my solutions the best? No, far from it, but it's too early to say how the patch will be now. I'm more than happy to discuss anything I missed.

Mate, it's never too early to tell how badly some of these changes will backfire.

This is BHVR. Everything they do backfires.

Right, well forgive me for to trying give folks some airbags and insurance before the accident.

And you'll forgive me for being realistic about BHVR incompetence.