Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Unpopular opinion: the entire goal of the nurse rework was to make people stop playing her

Comments

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,191

Not trying to be a dick but we don't give a ######### about the stats. The community is more interested in why the devs added 2 cooldowns on top of a cooldown that she had full control over

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,255

You do know my reply was to those who were mentioning the stats. It's fine if you don't care about them but giving information so they are more inline with what they represent.

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 2,285
    edited March 2020

Unless you are talking about just bug fixes, she is mostly fine. She has a few bugs that need to be dealt with like blink randomly not sending far. That annoying visual bug with charging a blink.

It would be nice if maybe they upped her movement speed to be the same as survivors rather than slower like it is now so that it doesn't feel as bad on some more indoor/enclosed maps. She still wouldn't be able to loop without her power but it would just make it a bit less painful.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I could believe that they did that for console. They didnt even consult them about a killer that was already hard to play due to physical limitations.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,809

I wager part of her buggy nature is due to dedicated servers. Which, until the devs figure out how to streamline them, those bugs will remain. The other half have been with her for years. Devs either don't care to fix them, or don't know how.

As for her 'rework,' it was half baked. Half her addons are memes, the other half very situational. The fact that one of her Iri addons turns her into an M1 killer had to be a joke the devs were having. But that's fine, for the most part. A killer should be strong without addons.

The CC, though. . . that makes me believe they simply ran out of ideas, and needed to add something else. Remember, they clearly said 'small tweaks' and 'mostly numbers' when we freaked out that they were going to turn her into Legion. Then they go and raise her skill ceiling even more. So, yeah, I can see how they wanted to bury Nurse so they didn't have to deal with her. It's not like we'll have much else to go on, as they won't actually say anything else other than 'I promise the reason for the rework was not to make people stop playing her' with nothing to go after that.

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 854

Law of unintended consequences seems to have won though.

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 1,114

The claim was "the whole goal was to reduce usage of the Nurse". That was not the goal. Whether or not that's what's happened is a different question. :)

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,973

I also think that the nurse plays now a little bit bumpy (idk if i can use that word for that context).

But yet, the nurse is still overpowered in the right hands, you can not deny that.

So rather complaining about Nurse nerf, lets figure out a way to actually make her fun and playable for more people.

Her problem is, that she is too hard for most people apparently (low winrate but great potential), how to make her more easy but dont break at the same time?

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,393

If people mastered her before the rework they are still doing great and she is still the best killer in the game in their hands.

If people didn't mastered her before, she is terrible.

I'm in the second category and without addons before i could have 2-3 kills, now it's rare that i even get 1. A survivor running straight can outrun you while you wait for your two blinks to come back. And sometimes even if you blink right in their back and lunge, the hit doesn't register and you get fatigue...

• BingbongbongBingbongbong Member Posts: 202

I doubt they wanted that.

Her power still is very strong that's not the problem with nurse, the problem is that She's unfun to play, You can tell this because even pre nerf not many people would play her even though she was by far the strongest killer in the game. Post nerf she's just miserable, still strong but very unfun.

This is just a design issue, I feel like nurse needs a rework. Her power of teleporting trough objects makes her strong by default in order to balance this she needed some negatives but sadly the negatives impact the fun of playing her greatly. You're slow, You're constantly going to be stunned, Looking at the ground and having your screen go dark, and if You miss a blink your heavily punished.

I hope that's not the last nurse update we see because right now she's in a pretty bad spot in my opinion, Survivors still don't like her and anyone who isn't great with her definitely doesn't like her either.

• SpyMatureSpyMature Member Posts: 204

@Almo

I'd have to agree that it feels like the whole point of Nurse rework was to reduce her usage, I wouldn't say that she's was really "nerfed", but it's sure as hell boring to play as her.

It's just not satisfying anymore. Like, ok, you go for a 2 blink hit, you hit the survivor, he gets a sprint burst and runs away. Now after your fatigue is done, you're forced to awkwardly look at the survivor for 4 seconds without the ability to do anything at all. And it pisses me off, it's very boring, she's my 2nd most boring killer to play as after her "addon rework" with the most boring one being Hag.

Both of these killer are really powerfull, but they're not F U N to play as.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 3,839
  • FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,042

The double stun you are describing is most likely a bug. And nothing has changed how stunnable a Nurse is. Even old Nurse could be stunned when finishing her blink for her strike and new Nurse can still blink through a pallet stun. Pallets where newer 100% safe for Nurse as some people thought. Even though that barely matters against experienced Nurse players, who could play around it.

• Raven9Raven9 Member Posts: 298

If you want, you can run to your mother by crying. @Almo As he said, this was not the goal. The nurse was very strong and her power was abused. The killer's power was beginning to be seen as a challenge. The survivors were tired of crawling on the ground like slugs in every game. So argue as much as you want, but the nurse is still strong actually nerf needs to come, but we will not exaggerate. There will be no change for the nurse anymore. Forget this!

The developers have done a very important job in this regard. If you don't really want to play this game, you can go with the door open.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

the kill rate dropped by an alarming rate

Were did you get this information from? We have only gotten stats on kill rate one time

Plus, you guys insist all the time those stats arent reliable, but only when trying to discuss +60% kill rate. Maybe a bit of topic, but jesus, thats one hell of a way of ignoring things when they dont fit your narrative.