Home Discussions General Discussions

Hit boxes (or cone as referred to) improvements// changes ? :)

A_Corby_A_Corby_ Member Posts: 4
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
From the perspective of both killer but mainly survivor, it feels as if some ‘successful’ hits are given too easily to killers-I refer to them as “free hits”-. An example from the perspective of a survivor,  is the killer has basically finished their lunge or normal swing animation, THEN succesfully hits the survivor when the survivor is say to the right or left of it. Example being Freddy swinging to the right whilst moving their camera to the right whilst the survivor runs to the left before they swing usually ends up favouring the killer. It is also noticeable playing killer where you would get hits that “shouldn’t have hit” there are many more occasions where survivors are unfairly downed or injured from a ridiculously sized “cone” or hit box. I believe the cone should be reduced , if not a lot , then atleast slightly. as it takes the fun away especially for certain survivors like myself when I’m surviving an epic chase but it suddenly ends because of an unfair hit that the killer got. I understand this would make killer mains mad as it could potentially change the way they decide to swing their weapon of choice, but it seriously isn’t a fun feeling when you are able to juke the killer then they suddenly hit you over a pallet or window or some how hit you when they swing and do a 180° turn so their back is facing the survivor but it still successfully hits them. It also feels asif Freddy and the Pig have overly large cones of effect
Post edited by A_Corby_ on

Answers

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

Can you provide footage of such an unfair hit? I am not quite sure what you mean.

• KilraneKilrane Member Posts: 88
    Hits should err on the side of the Killer;  barring glitches or lag of course. They are the power role
  • ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 643

You can always explain how you were hit, but it is more useful to see video because it can also be due to latency issues..

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,185
    He is getting hit while lagging
  • PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 4,105

You know what would solve your problems? D E D I C A T E D S E R V E R S.

• A_Corby_A_Corby_ Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2018
    Master said:

Can you provide footage of such an unfair hit? I am not quite sure what you mean.

I will start recording some footage for you