Home Discussions General Discussions

Would it be possible for survivors to get their own type of power? Or make each survivor unique

BabyCameron10BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 278
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Examples: Meg- can keep running and get exhaustion to go down
Laurie- Increases your chances to become the obssesion and not leave blood puddles (make it so only the obssesion can use DS,no nerf needed, I like DS and mostly on Laurie because it is really unique to her from the movie)
Dwight- See the aura of survivors for 10 seconds every time a gen is done and once the exit gates are open, you see the survivors aura at all times, red aura if hurt
etc
But once the survivor is chosen by another player in the lobby it can’t be chosen by anyone else, only one survivor of each.
Post edited by BabyCameron10 on

Best Answers

Answers

• BabyCameron10BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 278
    edited August 2018
    This just an idea :)

• GicheGiche Member Posts: 753

If this go live, you will only see Claudette, because she can heal herself.

I like variety.

• BabyCameron10BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 278
    survivors will still have their 3 teachables to other survivors
  • GicheGiche Member Posts: 753

@BabyCameron10

Don't change anything.

Healing is the most powerful power for survivor.

It really is game changer.

• ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 647

@BabyCameron10 said:
    Laurie- Increases your chances to become the obssesion and not leave blood puddles (make it so only the obssesion can use DS,no nerf needed, I like DS and mostly on Laurie because it is really unique to her from the movie)
    Dwight- See the aura of survivors for 10 seconds every time a gen is done and once the exit gates are open, you see the survivors aura at all times, red aura if hurt
    etc
    But once the survivor is chosen by another player in the lobby it can’t be chosen by anyone else, only one survivor of each.

If you did this you would only see a few characters being played from the rest because people will play for the advantage and not the characters

• KilraneKilrane Member Posts: 89
    My only problem with this is that you will create a meta where specific Survivors are considered good and people will feel pigeon holed into playing them.
  • Denson381Denson381 Member Posts: 32
    I really wish Dead By Daylight would listen to this but it will probably not happen. Passive abilities would be awesome.
  • JusticarJusticar Member Posts: 319

@Giche said:
    If this go live, you will only see Claudette, because she can heal herself.

I like variety.

Even more reason to nerf the hell out of that nonsense. I don't understand why the devs haven't yet fixed this ridiculously overpowered perk.

• rickymadisonrickymadison Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    I had a similar idea.

The rooster is getting bigger every chapter.
    Each character could boost every other survivor while they're alive.

For example if ;
    Meg is alive, survivor could have shorter exhaustion time.
    Ace could boost item quality from chest or add-on.
    Claudette could boost healing speed of other survivor.

Etc.

If the same character's there twice, that bonus doesn't stack. So people should play different unique survivor.

These idea aren't really extraordinary but it's definitely a shame that killer feel different to play ( with different add-on too ) while survivor are all the same.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,206

@BabyCameron10 said:
    etc

Im all for making survivors unique.
    But obviously its not a solution to give unique advantages to each survivor, each survivor has to have disadvantages that balance out the advantages

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,806
    etc
    If only obsession uses d strike that's an overhaul and might as well not be a perk, and this creates tiers, gonna see more megs and claudettes. Id v has these on game and certain characters are unusable in high rank. A good trait is balanced with a bad trait.
  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,806
    Denson381 said:
    I really wish Dead By Daylight would listen to this but it will probably not happen. Passive abilities would be awesome.
    Creates a meta, in high rank the best survivor traits will used.