Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

New sabo will be super balanced

gatsbygatsby Member Posts: 1,283

New Sabo will be meta changing, but not game breaking. Compare new Sabotage to Flashlights. Both are ways to help a teammate to avoid getting hooked that require good timing and an item under most circumstances.

The only difference is that a successful sabotage has much more counter play. The Killer can drop the Survivor and they stay slugged, which much better than flashlights. Also, perks like Iron Grasp, Agitation and Mad Grit already exist to prevent sabotages and allow the Killer to reach multiple hooks.

And the biggest feature of new Sabotage is that it is heavily regulated. Toolboxes get drained really quickly and Saboteur has a long cooldown. It might be strong, but the Survivors will have their fun and then be unable to keep the pace.

I don’t even see a Killer running a perk to counter sabo builds having much issue. Mad Grit/Agitation would probably make Survivors stop trying to sabo for the rest of the game. Plus, you can slug and distract multiple people so botched sabo scenarios are easily cost survivors a lot of progress on gens and slow down games substantially.

It might seem scary and frustrating at first. But it won’t end up being that much of an issue just add more variety in playstyles and perks. The new sabo meta will finally make the rigid must-pick perk slots of Decisive and BBQ more flexible. Because those perks rely on getting hooked and new sabo will make slugging strats more viable.

Comments

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 759

Hope they see this bro

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I thought about that too, but "No mither" exists. You can't slug a "No mither". Never.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,216

What does any of this have to do with SWF, the ones who WILL use it to abuse it? Head On is fine in solos, as is OoO. But with a SWF? Completely different story. And so is the new sabo. This just makes me further believe that the devs truly turn a blind eye to SWF.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

The sabo is fine. I would prefer having it take 4 seconds, but honestly the way they are handling it, it won't be a huge problem. Saboteur has a long cooldown, if all the survs are busy with alruism that means they arent doing gens, so a sabo team is easy pickings for slugging.

• gatsbygatsby Member Posts: 1,283

@Rivyn In my opinion, the old version of sabo was stronger than the new version in a coordinated SWF. Because hooks stayed broken for long amounts of time and prepping hooks to 99 meant there was no cast time really.

Now, hooks stay broken for 30 seconds, the cast time is always the same and toolboxes are much more limited for charges. So a coordinated SWF won't be able to prevent a Killer from hooking almost indefinitely like they could before

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,216

@gatsby Except the old sabo took far more time to actually do than the new one. Remember, time is not on the killers side. The longer they took in getting the 99 on hooks, was time a killer had to hunt them down. Now, killers don't have that time anymore. In the time it takes them to pick up a survivor, a hook is sabotaged. They then have to hope another hook is close, or drop and give chase. Most likely, a hook will be saboed when a killer gets close, to waste time.

• XRuecianXRuecian Member Posts: 118

When i first read that it was going to take 2.5 seconds to sabotage a hook, i thought i was reading a typo. I do think sabotaging needs to be changed, and i like the idea of survivors being able to do more interesting things than just rush generators. But 2.5 seconds? Why not just go ahead and make it instantaneous at that rate, there isnt even any risk involved.

Not to mention that there are offerings that make hooks more spread out, which fully counters iron grasp and agitation. It's kind of bullshit in my opinion. These offerings need to be removed, especially if these new sabo changes are coming.

Imagine if killers had offerings that made pallets and windows more rare. Or cause the generators to spawn closer together. Game shouldn't be balanced that way.

• RezblazeRezblaze Member Posts: 606
  • snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

I think the killer is now up to 16 perk slots required to soft counter basic survivor activities.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,943

The new sabo changes did one thing. They made solo queue sabotage more difficult but swf sabotage way easier.

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

as long as there s a weak link in a team its not hard to apply pressure

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Agitation does nothing for you if there are no hooks to use.

• SamuraiDragon27SamuraiDragon27 Member Posts: 65

I'm happy with what they did to sabo. It's super balanced, and now is a viable option. I hope they rework certain perks like sabo to be better, but not OP

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,857

Totally disagree. Solo sabo was not playable up to now. One person running around the map 99ing every hook? You could not even say "I just prepare this part of the map around a gen for endgame" and then other survivors finish this gen first. Now you simply have to be at the right spot, like with flashlight saves, and you can sabo the hook almost instantly. Solo sabo is now actually working, it wasn't before.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 863

Yes, because Monto and Puppers didn't show how easily it can be abused...

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,333

I'll wait until we tested it more before making my assumption. My impression is it will probably be game breaking for swf, useless for solo.

If it turns out to be broken, I'll add it to the list of "WTH were you thinking?" patches. Right between patch 1.9.2 and old MoM.