Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

What map puts you into bad mood as soon as you load into them?

LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 833

As survivor: Hawkins

As killer: Haddonfield & Ormond

Comments

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 869
    edited March 10

As killer...

Any of the Red Forest maps - They're all too big and I prefer playing M1 killers

Maps with an annoying window or loop - Ironworks of Misery, Rancid Abattoir or Crotus Penn Asylum

Any of the Farm maps because honestly they're literally just corn and none of them really accurately depict a farm anyway.

As a survivor I literally don't care. Maybe Gideon Meat Plant but that's just because that map is incredibly boring. Maybe Hawkins? Can't really think of one off the top of my head that I genuinely hate or puts me in a bad mood unless I get the same map multiple times in a row.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,741

Swamp. I hate all swamp maps. Survivir, killer doesn't matter.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 961

As killer and survivor in order of displeasure: Lery's, hawkins, haddonfield, the yamaoka maps, the game,

• ClocksoClockso Member Posts: 820

Ormond as a killer, i just hate how this map has a lot of safe pallets in the main building and a lot of strong tiles connected to each other like a long pallet loop with a long wall jungle gym right next to each other and they all connect to the killer shack

and as survivor nothing really

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,906

Swamp maps followed closely by Yamaoka Estate maps

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,844

Survivor: The game

Killer: Coldwind Farm, Mac Millian, Autoheaven, Haddonfield, Disturbed ward

• GhostrickSpecterGhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

Survivor: Shelter Woods I guess? I personally don't have any map I hate as survivor unless the pallet rng is really bad

Killer: Blood Lodge, the safe pallets are broken as hell

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,188
    edited March 10

Survivor. If it's Oni or Billy, Coldwind. So much open space they can dash anywhere. If it's a stealth killer, Lerys+the game. Too many corners and close quarters.

Killer. Swamp+bedham sucks all around. Everyone runs to the boat or the school. If I'm playing my Nurse I hate coldwind. Corn is my kryptonite.

• TapeKnotTapeKnot Member Posts: 72

For both sides: Coldwind farm. I just really, really, really hate corn.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,200

Red forest maps or Ormond. All wayyy too big. If the survivors are even semi decent and you aren’t on a top tier killer you aren’t about to have fun.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,317

Haddonfield is ridiculous.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 1,508

Survivor: Shelter Woods, Rotten Fields, Ormond, and Hawkins

Killer: Rotten Fields, Ormond, Léry's, and Haddonfield

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589

cOrN

As survivior, as a killer, as a crow, as a [BAD WORD] anything

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 1,696

Indoor maps for me, killer or survivor.

Also Haddenfield as a killer.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

Yamaoka.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,637

A lot of them. to be honest. To simplify things, I'll say any corn map or Disturbed Ward.

• GhostofYharnamGhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

Haddonfield and the Yamoka maps

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,267

Any map with C O R N

• shane32shane32 Member Posts: 164

Yamaoka Estate.......No other map makes me cringe as much as this one.

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 441

EVERY time (literally 100% chance not even exaggerating) every single time, 100% guaranteed I've said it like 4 times already in this sentence and I'll say it again it always happens guaranteed: Every time I play Plague I get Grim Pantry. I hate that map so much I'd rather play on Haddonfield that's just how bad it is. On the bright side I have every inch of that map memorized to the point that I can picture it vividly in my mind at all times, every spawn, every orientation, I could replace the map generator for that map with my brain and nobody'd notice the difference

• QuolQuol Member Posts: 684

Any cornfield maps.

• Polychrome_BakuPolychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Survivor: None, because every map is doable as survivor. Even Hawkins if you're not a moron.

Killer: Ormond, Grim Pantry, Haddonfield, Mother's Dwelling, Suffocation Pit and Coal Tower. I despise levels with a central building that has a goddamn god window or loop. Bonus angry points if the level is also huge.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Survivor: Gideon Meat Plant

Killer: Gideon Meat Plant

but let's be real. I lose faith in a majority of maps I load into when playing Killer.

• DeadVisionDeadVision Member Posts: 26

Haddonfield, the swamp maps, and the Sanctum of Wrath.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 781

Survivor: Hawkins

Killer: Haddonfield

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 873

the game, stupid map

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,199

Killer:

Mothers Dwelling, Temple of Purgation, Rotten Fields, Cowshed, Ormond, Blood lodge

Survivor:

The Game, Hawkins, Coal Tower

Basically for Killer the Largest maps or ones filled with of "corn blindness" are the worst because I generally don't play the Highest mobility killers, and the Gen Spread is so heavy that if every survivor splits up and starts working gens, then by the time I actually chase and hook one of them 3 gens pop. It's crazy how difficult it is to apply pressure on those maps. Whereas with survivor, the smallest and most claustrophobic maps make it far more difficult to avoid the killer without playing heavily immersed and stealthy, and unfortunately that means if you go up against Doctor on these maps, then you're totally screwed and have to rush the gens asap to even have a chance of escape. The same could be said for playing against a Nurse or Hag, but at least with them you aren't screaming every minute and giving away your location, so stealth play can still work to a decent extent. Also I find it ridiculous that, despite the lack of a scarecrow, the corn fields in any map featuring them have 0 crows within the corn... This is great for survivor since we don't have to worry about the killer tracking us because of them leaping into the sky, but likewise it's terrible for the killer who already has a hard enough time just seeing survivors in the corn at all, no matter how tall they are.

• MrAnxiolyticMrAnxiolytic Member Posts: 29

Survivors:Lery's,Ormond

Killers:Ormond.all swamps map and yamaokas

• UnironicalygothUnironicalygoth Member Posts: 145

As killer red forest and the coldwind farm thats all corn as a survivor I guess probably Hawkins lol