Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Resetting Traps Solution

It was explained that resetting traps is a bit more complicated and would require some dedicated effort to make possible, as when someone steps in a trap, it shifts slightly.

Why not have a "reset zone" around the trap, maybe a meter long, to where you can position a darker orange highlight of a trap and reset it in that position with M2?

Comments

• MarcavecuncMarcavecunc Member Posts: 999

Or have the game remember where the trap's original position was, and put it back there after the survivor got released from the trap, either by escaping or getting downed/grabbed by trapper

• PatchNoirPatchNoir Member Posts: 357

yep its not properly working right now

• OicimauOicimau Member Posts: 690

As it is now, trap reseting is useless.

They must change the survivor trapping animation if thats the problem, in a way it doesnt need to move the trap to match it.

I think anyway that they will adress this soon, cause... trap reset is useless as much as the trap moves...

Yeah, a good buff instantly nerfed by poor game design :/

• XRuecianXRuecian Member Posts: 118

Its also useless because assuming you are going against any survivors with more than two brain cells, using a trap in the same place more than once will rarely work. There are very very few cases where using a trap in the same spot twice is beneficial.

I just wish they would increase the pickup range for traps. I am tired of having to push my toes into the trap before the pick up option comes up. I actually have to waste half a second or a second perfecting my position to pick up a trap sometimes so that i dont accidentally step on it.

Or even better, i shouldn't have to worry about stepping on my own traps in the first place. They are my traps, i should be able to just step over them entirely. Maybe they should only be a risk to the trapper if he is carrying a survivor.

You're right. It's a bit ridiculous. Imagine if Hag or Freddy triggered their own traps when they stepped into them..