Home Discussions General Discussions

Unpopular Opinion: 1st DC = Permaban

2»

Answers

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2019

Pretty sure everyone who was serious suggested incrimental timed bans. But okay.

5 min, 15 min, 30 min, hour, 3 hour, 12 hour, 24 hour, 3 day, week, etc.

Reset on shrine or daily depending on how far the climb goes.

Would cover accidental DCs as most dont accidentally DC 5 times a day. DC bug should be fixed as well.

Edit: after reading it again, and seeing responses from OP saying "literally every thread wants permaban" I'm concluding this is just bait.

• Nobody95Nobody95 Member Posts: 78

Well, I partly agree with the DC, when the survivor game happened to play with a camper / tunnelero killer. For that DC shot and another match faster than fast

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,148

Same goes for killer when survivors tunnel gens or camping hook waiting till the very end for killer to leave

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,148

Disconnecting from a game is a feature and there s no need for punishment for that from devs side cause you see when people disconnect it means they have no wish to play furthermore you cant do anything there to force someone to play. It means if they wont disconnect they will suicide they will give up on playing furthermore.

• GraviteaUKGraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

Permaban no but punishments yes.

1 = Warning

2 DC within 10 games = 50% BP reduction for 5 games.

3 DC within 15-20 games = 50% BP Reduction AND Account XP reduction for 5 games.

5 DC within 30 games = 1 day ban.

And before you start the REEEE wave "OMG my connection was bad that night" stop playing, stop being selfish you shouldn't inconvenience everyone else.

Go play Skyrim, Civ 5 or watch TV for one night it won't kill you.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,449

I have a better suggestion 0 DCs= permaban. As soon as you buy the game you're instantly banned and there's no way of appealing it. That should solve it.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294

It seems like the discussion is getting out of hand so I'll shine some light on a dark room. Seriously, banning on the first DC is not the right way to go about things because there are legitimate reasons to DC. For example, what would do if a killer blocked you in the basement? You can't DC because of the perma ban so you're forced to wait till the killer leaves.

We just need a queue penalty, that's all! :)

• seieittseieitt Member Posts: 4

you spot while human beings disconnect it manner they have no want to play moreover you cant do anything there to pressure someone to play. It approach if they wont disconnect they may suicide with latest game codes of fortnite surrender on playing furthermore.

• seieittseieitt Member Posts: 4

you spot while human beings disconnect it manner they have no want to play moreover you cant do anything there to pressure someone to play. It approach if they wont disconnect they may suicide with latest game codes of fortnite surrender on playing furthermore.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,846

That sounds like a horrible idea. I got yesterday randomly without any reason a Dc. My connection was fine, ping and hardware was fine. I just got kicked out by Dbd itself and got a penatly, maybe the server lost me for some reason. But now I should get perm banned for that? With a 100k stable connection? Nice sounds fair xD

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,960

DBD would be dead within 24 hours lol; playerbase would drop by like 95% because no one would even want to invest the time money or effort into a game that they would be permabanned from as soon as something went wrong xD

• CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 650

No.

But in all honesty, i'd be okay with players always having a 30 minute ban, similar to most mobas when you leave the game.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,817

What a wonderful idea! I should definetly get permabanned because yesterday the game crashed.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,011

If you want to punish those who DC multiple times deliberately. The best solution is to give a penalty worthy of exactly that. Punishment is key.

If you DC 3 times in one rank reset it should tell you that any more then you'll face a ban until next rank reset.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

That feel when your power dies, your game dies from permaban. XD