Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Personal opinion: Deathslinger is solid and balanced

I play on Xbox for reference. He was difficult and heavy to play at first but getting a feel for his power has helped a lot. I never feel weak when i’m playing him and there’s moments where i harpoon and hit a survivor that i wouldn't have been able to with other killers.

Something i really like as well is that none of his add-ons feel necessary, like Night Shroud recovery on Ghostface. His base cooldown and reload is juuuuust enough for me to land that second shot after a hit. The ideal scenario is an M1 into a shot but thats not always possible.

I’m having a blast with him. Is he mega strong? No. Is he weak? From my point of view, no. He has strengths and weaknesses but it feels as though a lot of people are focusing on his weaknesses and not his strengths.

Feel free to annihilate me in the comments bellow.

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,784

I mean, what are his strengths at a loop?

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,298

He’s weak and needs buffs

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,936

It's too early to tell but people really underestimate him imo. There are some insane shots you can pull off with enough skill.

I agree with what you said, he isn't super strong but he is definitely not weak either.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,527
    edited March 2020

His power doesn't work at all loops but there are loops where you can cut them off and drag them around for the hit. He can react much faster than Huntress, giving survivors less time to prepare for the shot. Its not just over loops, but you can snag a survivor before they reach a pallet ahead of you.

• StorntStornt Member Posts: 145

I think all he needs is 115 movement speed and he'd be fine.

If they made him 115% they’d have to give him a 32M TR. That would give survivors more time to prepare for his approach and the range on his gun would be less effective. I think he would actually end up being too strong at 115% unless they increased the cooldown on missed shots or the reload. His power is enough to get downs on survivors alone.

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I mean you can hit anywhere that huntress can but if you can hit somewhere that she can't there is a huge chance that you can get cucked by an object since its pretty easy to break a chain behind an object not to mention you can just straight up miss since its a projectile and the hitbox is smaller than a hatchet

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,298

I disagree I think he’s worse then clown ..at least with clown he has anti loop and 115% speed deathslinger only has 110% making him a lot weaker already his chain is limited to 18m and on some loops he has to just bloodlust you ..honestly he needs some serious buffs

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,858

Do note that Deathslinger doesn't need wind up time like the Huntress

There are shots that deathslinger can take that Huntress would never pull of cause she get's a mini astma attack everytime she prepares to throw a hatchet

Deathslinger can get survivors at loops that Clown can’t. As i’ve said, he can cut some loops short, but not all. I’d compare it to Huntress where she can throw hatchets over loops, except Deathslinger can shoot a survivor very quickly and drag them around, Huntress has to wind up.

• KolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 502

Slinger has a strong strength at a lot of loops, if you can quickfire quick enough as someone vaults a window you can injure them, or down them if already injured. The ability to shut a window down midvault like a huntress is a really strong feature, and the ability to do it faster than huntress can is great. His only weakness is his lack of great snowball potential, but 1v1 he is super strong in capable hands.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 2,060

There are some cases where you do land the insane shot, but got nothing in return. Also, his limited range really limits his skill cap.