Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

If all meta perks were removed, what would your new build be?

What kind of experimental builds would you go for?

meta perks excluded (I assume) would be:

Survivor

• Adrenaline

• Decisive Strike

• Borrowed Time

• Dead Hard

• Sprint Burst

• Unbreakable

Killer

• BBQ&Chilli

• POP Goes the Weasel

• No One Escapes Death

• Devour Hope (stretching a bit for this one)

Would you just look for the next best thing? Or get creative and use a mashup of perks that do different things? Or try to make combinations of perks that work off of each other?

For Killer I would go for:

• Coulrophobia

• Bloodhound

• Stridor

• Distressing

Focuses on blood tracking and making healing within my terror radius much slower while also being easier to hear when injured or just normal breathing being slightly louder.

For Survivor I would go for:

• Poised

• Quick and Quiet

• Dance With Me

• Lithe

Focuses on being able to run away from generators without leaving marks and being able to vault and break into a sprint without being heard or leaving scratch marks.

Comments

• TheMidnightRidrTheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 366

Fire Up, Brutal Strength, Bamboozle, and Enduring. Stop at nothing and catch that survivor.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,170

On survivor, except for BT and DH I don't really use the meta. I hate DS and I try not to depend on it. I already use various builds anyway so except for BT I wouldn't be affected.

Killer on the other hand. BBQ would be missed but doable. I only use it for bp gain. The only real killer I make use of it's tracking is my nurse. I don't use NOEd either. I feel the same way about noed as I do DS. Devour Hope I will miss. I like running that on my trapper because if I get 3 stacks, I am actually feared. PGTW will be a big blow. Most of my preferred killer perks aren't part of the meta. Whispers, stbfl,corrupt intervention, NC, m&a, MYC.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,578

The same I got right now

Urban evasion, dance with me, lithe, iron will

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,556

Iron Will, Self Care, Botany Knowledge and WGLF.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,331

I would go for a bunch of my favourite stealthy non-meta perks that I can't always fit into my build because I always regret it when I don't bring Unbreakable or Borrowed Time. So my build would be Iron Will, Urban Evasion, Poised and Tenacity (or maybe Inner Strength).

I barely use any meta perks on killer, so my builds wouldn't change very much there.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,262

I dont run any of the meta perks you mentioned on your list for survivor, so

As for killer, I would probably switch Pop for either Corrupt intervention or Ruin.

• jokerdude23_jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 100

Overcharge, Thrilling tremors, Nurse's Calling, Sloppy butcher

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 1,887

For Survivor it'd be Iron Will, Inner Strength, Kindred and We'll Make It. I like to play the hero a little too much, and being able to heal fast, and heal myself fast comes in handy.

For Killer, Sloppy Butcher, A Nurses Calling, Thanataphobia and Surge. Sloppy, Thana and Nurses for easy finds of healers since it will take them longer, and Surge to damage Gens and make the regress if nobody is on them while attempting to heal.

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 873

Wouldn't change a thing for me tbh. We'll make it, better together, kindred, and empathy

• re5_gamer2263re5_gamer2263 Member Posts: 53
    edited March 12

For survivor:

Urban Immersion

Off the Record

Quick and Quiet

Balanced landing

For Killer:

Brutal Strength

Enduring

Corrupt Intervention

Thanataphobia

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 708

Self-Care is Meta. People don't like to admit it, but that's definitely Meta.

Would say Corrupt Intervention is also Meta.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 781

The reason I left Self Care out is because it’s not really problematic, at all. It’s actually a hinderance unless you’re self healing with a med kit or botany knowledge. The self heal on its own is so long you may as well take leader and let a teammate heal you or use Inner Strength. There’s better ways to heal.

As for Corrupt Intervention, i don’t see it often but that’s maybe not the case for others. It’s good but it’s more so a bootleg old Hex: Ruin. It’s time limited and only affects a few generators, it’s still a great perk though.

• ImLeslieKetamineImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

Surge because I like it.

Enduring.

Spirit Fury.

Thrilling Tremors.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,331

Not that it matters a whole lot, but definitionally, if people don't like to admit it, it's not meta. Meta doesn't mean most-used, it just refers to whichever builds or strategies are most widely accepted as being the strongest or most optimal by the community.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 4,569

As survivor not much would really change, except I'd stop swapping ds and detectives hunch around. It'd now permanently be:

-Head On

-Inner Strength

-Detectives Hunch

-Quick and Quiet

As killer, that's a lot harder.

On my Wraith I think I'd remain the same (mostly):

-Corrupt

-Surge

-Surveillance/Spirit Fury

-Enduring

Freddy I'd have to change around a bit

-STBFL

-Surveillance (Over BBQ)

-Surge/Hex: Ruin (Over PGTW)

-Thrilling Tremours

Doc would be pretty annoying, but I think replace STBFL for Distressing on freddy and that'd be my doc build.

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 708
    edited March 12

Survivor-wise, I would have to go with Spine Chill, Urban Evasion, Balanced Landing/Lithe, Quick & Quiet. Stealth would be my aim as most of the second-chance perks no longer exist.

Killer-wise, I have a choice between Slugging (Distressing, Infectious Fright, Knock Out, Thanatophobia/Coulrophobia), or Forever (Thanatophobia, Dying Light, Sloppy Butcher, Nurse's Calling/Blood Echo).

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 504

Spine Chill/Inner Strength/Iron WIll/Balanced Landing.

Which is my normal build aside from BL being Sprint Burst normally.

• TeshieTeshie Member Posts: 19

Enduring, STBFL, Surge, Sloppy

• NescauNescau Member Posts: 49

As a solo queue Survivor:

Deliverance

Kindred

Lithe

We'll Make It

• toxcitynacltoxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

I don't play killer so killer perks are a non-issue as for what I play and I don't use meta perks on my main survivor as I use Fixated, Balanced Landing or Left Behind, and Inner Strength plus Detective's Hunch.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 958
    edited March 12

For killer.. it really depends on the killer. The two perks I run on every single killer are bbq and whispers. If I had to lose my two tracking crutches it would probably be for a combination of spies from the shadows, discordance, hangman, nurse's, infectious fright depending on the killer. I don't use any of the other perks on your list.

In terms of survivor, I only use dead hard from your list and I'll gladly take it off for 'for the people' or autodidact. My 'try hard' survivor loadout (aside from dh) consists of bond, iron will and breakout/new sabotage

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 481

I only really use BBQ and sometimes adrenaline so

Survivor:

Inner Strength

Resilience

WGLF

Spine Chill

Killer:

Dying Light

Bamboozled/Thanatophobia

Surveillance

Infectious Fright

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited March 13

As survivor: i wouldnt play this game anymore. It would be a paradise of cheap killer play.

As killer: who cares what perks i use? its already too easy playing against the same skillevel. besides BBQ i dont even run any of those perks ever.

• HannonHannon Member Posts: 89

Self care

Lithe / Head on

We’ll make it

Bond

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,623

I am not convinced that Devour Hope is meta. :P

Anyways, I'd still go Agitation + Iron Grasp + Mad Grit. Thrilling Tremors would be my fourth.