Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Guys, stop saying "gg" when you roll survivors/killer...

2»

Comments

• Lavos99zLavos99z Member Posts: 51

Nah, I'm just saying that being a cocky survivor isn't cool and it's not fun for the opposing person to sit there having a bunch of entitled survivors barrage you with "gg". It comes off very egotistical. I play both and I just don't like seeing it either way. Be more respectful. If it was a bad game, don't say it was a good game. If the other person obviously got rolled, either say "well played" or just move on. It isn't hard.

Saying "gg" isn't toxic. Saying "gg" when it wasn't is. Rolling a killer and then barraging them with "gg gg gg gg" isn't funny or cool. Rubbing it in is toxic. Saying "gg" when it's a fine game and no one did anything salty, that's okay. If it was a gg and they were the losers, all the better. You're not taking this the right way when you think that way.

I'm not realy taking it the wrong way, the opposite actually. Apparently not many people take into consideration the implication of saying it at the exact wrong moment. A killer who stomps a team of survivors and rubs it in by saying "GG" is not being respectful, he's being duplicitous. He knows it wasn't a good game for you. The reverse applies as well. If it is obvious the other side did NOT have a gg, don't say it. A "wp" and a move on are fine.

• kaylawakekaylawake Member Posts: 15

Gg sounds sarcastic af at all times. I always have to type out something along the lines of “genuinely, good game”. Or if I died and the killer played fair at least I will thank them for that. Gg rarely means gg.

• DAMNFASTDEADDAMNFASTDEAD Member Posts: 160

I don't think it's toxic. I rather think it's redundant.

I think it's more meaningful the way people devote their precious time to other people.

A "gg" is meaningless to me. A "Thank you for your time. I hope you had as much fun as I did." is more meaningful to me.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 882

The only reason I agree with OP on some level is because often times, I "lose" a game because of a bug/hiccup in the game, the servers, or my internet connection. If I'm downed through a pallet when the killer is at least 2 meters away, and I was about to escape, I of course will be salty if the killer says "gg", because from my perspective, it clearly wasn't, and I see the killer as claiming the game's inconsistencies as part of his/her skill. The same applies for hits not registering in the end game. I, of course, understand that not everyone thinks this much about a "gg", and I don't blame anyone for giving me a "gg" in a particularly "bg", but I thought my perspective should be shared.

I always try to say "gl" rather than "gg" just out of respect that the other party may have had a terrible time that prevented them from enjoying themselves/the killer's self. If it's clear that both parties had put forth their all and/or were content with the outcome of the trial, I'll say "gg" or "wp". Even so, I think to myself every time, Is DbD a "good game"?

• Tunnel_Me_PleaseTunnel_Me_Please Member Posts: 301
    edited March 16

gg = ok

GG = not ok

Am I the only one? I feel like saying GG is to just tilt other people and rub in the fact that they won.

Also, I totally agree with this. Sometimes I will get hit through 20 pallets and the killer will say gg wp and I am just sitting there on a mountain of salt because the game screwed me over.