Home Discussions General Discussions

DBD boring??

many main DBD streamers start to play other games now

Comments

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 725

It's a touch repetitive, but there are other factors that might make a streamer move to another game;

• Stressful; streamers may change game to take a mental break
    • Balance issues; streamers may change game to play something that feels fairer in-game or is more fun being random
    • Buggy; streamers may change game to play something more stable and feel less cheated on
    • Toxic community; streamers may change game to appeal to a more mature community rather than continually handling to the toxic backlash from this one
  • TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 863

It's the same with any game, play it enough and you just need a break.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,850

Many? None from those I'm watching . The only I know about is Noob3 who played like 14 hours per day, so it has other reasons, everyone would be burnt out with such a schedule.

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 635

after a few thousands of hours, you do need a break of the game, they are playing daily for 4-8 hours the same game, doing the same things. I can barely play 2 matches of dbd a day because i just get angry and frustrated.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,048
    edited March 16

Streamers can get burned out fast in some games. Some of those that have left have upwards of 5k hours and some over 10k. I'm not surprised they try new things.

The main issue with streamers of course isn't just about the game but how they built their audience. Some find if they change games then they lose viewers which in turn means less money. I see more trying new games to become more variety streamers as its really is the way to go.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I don't even see the point in taking breaks anymore. Everyone tells you to take a break when playing Killer stresses you out, but you can play 2 games that are exactly the same. Leave, and then come back and get the exact same games. There is no point at all in playing, so i'll just play when my friends get on later at night for KYF, or SWF. I feel bad for those that don't have anyone to play with though, as they get the worst of it in this game.

• dastrudastru Member Posts: 165

i completed the rift and im done with dbd by now, the game desperately needs new modes; some type of hide and seek with a 10 min limit where every killer has a permanent noed and if you're down you're out or something like that

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,299

Killer is stressful and survivor is boring.