Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

"The Deathslinger" is garbage.

28STABWOUNDS28STABWOUNDS Member Posts: 15
edited March 17 in General Discussions

His power is too easy to counter. Literally throw down a pallet and he can't land a hit on you with his speargun. Definitely one of the weakest killers in the roster.

Post edited by 28STABWOUNDS on

Comments

• SurvivorsAreRuinedSurvivorsAreRuined Member Posts: 75

these killers need nerfs smh. More often than not playing solo these killers are too OP. Chases are too short because not everyone can loop him for long being that it’s too easy to find and shoot people and reel them in. There’s not enough ways to break the line. It needs to be more balanced than this.

• SurvivorsAreRuinedSurvivorsAreRuined Member Posts: 75

I’m not asking to survive all the time but why should killers get 4Ks as easy as they can get them? Then walk out with twice the amount of points than survivors? Anyone with a decent amount of brain cells can get 4Ks as a killer

• CoderCoder Member Posts: 580

He's actually super fun and strong at close distance. The problem is not him, or any killer, the problem is that the game is broken and in 5 minutes everyone will be tbagging at the exit gates.

Stop expecting killers to match unreal expectations, the devs have to fix the maps and the core game mechanics, the killers are fine.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,883

"He needs to be nerfed because not all survivors are good." smh.....

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 1,108

Played a few rounds as him and I can't aim for ****! That and my opponents are well versed in dodging projectiles; its a recipe for not much fun!

From a survivor POV, I only seem to go up against no scope AWP professionals... Would be nice to play against me really...

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 1,882

Hes too easy to play. Youre right.

• 28STABWOUNDS28STABWOUNDS Member Posts: 15

@LetsPlayTogether What about him is easy?

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 936

They'd nerf wraith if they had the opportunity, I wouldn't bother

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 622

I wouldn't say the Deathslinger is clown tier by any means, but when compared to Oni, Spirit, Nurse, Fredward, etc etc... he definitely leaves a lot to be desired. He's not going to be beating good survivors with any level of consistency, that's for sure.

I can't manage to pull off a 4k using Deathslinger, the highest I'm able to get is 2 sacrifices. His power is too easy to counter. Literally throw down a pallet and he can't land a hit on you with his speargun. Definitely one of the weakest killers in the roster.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 1,228

I got my reasons for thinking he's a bad version of Huntress. Give him a thermal visor against the corn lmao.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,011

I think he would be balanced if maps would've been balanced as well. There is little you can do with him on a big map like Rotten Fields.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,056

It's not too easy to find people, it's just too many greedy survivors swarming the hook, making it ez for the killer. I agree that chases are not really fun atm but noone makes use of his weakness. Which would be: do gens as long as possible. You have 1 minute before you need to unhook, that would be half a gen before you need to run

@28STABWOUNDS It is easy because you just need to aim properly. His power is actually not easy to counter at all. Like on Huntress you need to know when you can go for the shot, but WHEN you can go for the shot the survivor has like 0.25-0.5 seconds to dodge. And that is not enough to get your body out of the way. You can see if the survivor is looking backwards. Bait the shot by just aiming and see where he is running to know where you need to shoot. Like you can use Demo's Shred to make them not vault and just get closer or make them run into objects. Just try around a bit or watch videos. Survivors can just try to be a harder target, but if you would hit, there is not much the survivor can do to avoid it. I needed about 5 matches to get the adept.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 663

He gets destroyed on large maps and is challenging on small maps. I think he is actually quite balanced to be honest.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 1,214

I have faced a lot of these guys in red ranks and they have been impressive. Maybe you just need a bit more time with him. What ranks are you playing?

• rhodamiarhodamia Member Posts: 272

I'd love for you to try and kill me as ANY killer lol. You will get juked so hard your knees will buckle. And you could build a boat with the number of pallets you would eat.

Killing is easy peasy lemon squeezy. Until you go against some red ranks that actually know how to run. Keep playing killer. You will find them one day.

• MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 738
    edited March 17
  • ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,204

His add-ons are [BAD WORD], his perks are [BAD WORD], his map pressure is [BAD WORD], and his hit boxes w the harpoon gun are COMPLETE [BAD WORD]. I can honestly say, I miss a helluva lot more than I hit, yet there body's right in my sights... A lotta sense that makes.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,962

He's really bad. I truly don't understand the perception that he's good. The math doesn't work for him. What good is shutting down very specific loops when the power itself takes a long time to use? You're just getting hits that you would otherwise get by not playing Deathslinger in the first place, and you're sacrificing a huge amount of map presence by taking a 110% killer.

He can't do anything if survivors spread out. His chase potential is meaningless if survivors are spaced appropriately and focus on gens because that's how math works. A long range shot takes 15 seconds for an M1. That's nearly 20% of a gen.

@Clevite

I usually find myself playing with purple and red ranks, and yes, they can be pretty challenging.

I've realized the more I play Deathslinger, the more I derank. He applies little to no map pressure, some shots are impossible to hit, mediocore perks and addons, etc.

The character doesn't really work for me.

P.S. I'm rank 13.

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 668

Have you tried learning to play him longer than a few hours?