Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

I understand how swf can be considered toxic...

Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 361

But playing with randoms is terrible sometimes. I know we have to use a lot of nonverbal communication to each other, so when someone is on the hook flailing their arms, please go help them.

Comments

• xGodSendDeathxGodSendDeath Member Posts: 158

My favorites are the SWFs that send you to Haddonfield, Red Forest or farm map while equipped with DS, DH, Adrenawin and BT then talk [BAD WORD] if you have NOED lol

• finitethrillsfinitethrills Member Posts: 384

Well there's your problem. Waving your arms means the killer is still there.

• FibijeanFibijean Member, Trusted Posts: 8,149

That's the real problem - no one can agree on what it means anymore.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 6,847

No.

This causes a LOT of confusion, as it’s already kinda universally accepted that flailing on the hook is meant to tell your teammates that the killer is camping so do gens.

If you’re flailing on the hook trying to get the attention of your teammates, but no one is coming to rescue you, this is why. They think you’re telling them to do gens.

• Mo4ntusMo4ntus Member Posts: 413

Well it’s obnoxious when I have games like my last on today where it’s a 3 man they have 3 bts 3 ds’s and an object I kill the rando and they escape through hatch with a key and I’m greeted with gg ez (while I’m playing legion arguably like the 3rd weakest killer in the game) and when I respond with saying they exemplified everything wrong with this game they spam about how they hope I choke on my salt

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 676

I just face camp swf. If you want to ruin my experience then i will happily return the favour. Face camping always works because swf never want to leave someone behind..

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,658

When DBD first came out the players used waving your arms on a hook to indicate camping.

Over time newer players who didn't know decided to spread the word that it meant save me.

It's lost almost all meaning now and some even tried to over complicate it by using slow movement to mean come get me and fast to say camping.

Now I always use it to indicate they are camping but if they all still run in I stop. Dont take it as meaning what you wish it too now and adapt to what the others do as it can show what they may think it means and then change it accordingly. It works a lot of the time but some will rush in regardless.

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 702

How far or close the killer is mainly relies on the unhooker's own decision making. If they make the right choice to unhook when the killer is on the other side of the map, it could easily backfire with another teammate running towards you with the killer in tow.

It's always a risk.

Also flailing your arms does nothing except annoy me.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,056

SWF can't be considered toxic. Toxic people can be toxic.

SWF is just a scapegoat. An easy one, even though 4 man tryhard squads are almost non existent.

However, flailing on hook means the killer is camping. If I see someone flailing, they stay on hook. Not getting caught by a camper.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,056

I wave my arms with the speed of the terror radius. To let people know how CLOSELY they're camping.

• AddictedToMoshAddictedToMosh Member Posts: 111

Once I had to face a Blendette squad on Yomoaka. All of them burnt the mist offering, and they all had iron will + two toolboxes. You probably know how the game ended.

• yakul1nausicaayakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 69

As a solo survivor, flailing my arms is usually a way of telling the survivors i need saved. Obviously that depends on if they are far away, if another is currently in a chase and that you're potentially about to go into second phase. Most of the time it works actually, if i see someone flailing it usually means they need saved and the no one is on the way.

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 866

SWFs ruins the balance of this game because it gives them the strongest perk in the game, and it doesn't even cost them a slot, nor do they have to earn it, and that's communicating through comms. Being able to rely where the killer is, what he's doing, where gens are, what % there at, totem locations, safe heal spots, god windows/loops, etc. This can make a bad player actually good because of all the information being relayed. Until this is fixed, or properly balanced around, it will ALWAYS be the main problem.

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 361

Ok then, why not tell me the correct way, because I was told that waving arms twice meant killer was nearby and flailing mean it was clear. And I've also seen plenty of survivors and streamers flailing to get someone to rescue you. If you're not trolling, then tell me the correct way. Thanks.

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 361

Just like I thought finitethrills, you have nothing to offer.

• CoderCoder Member Posts: 556

SWF tend to be more toxic than random solo players, because they're in a group, and they all want to show off... "eeeez baby killer, I looped you for 3 gens", it's just ego.

Some solo players are also toxic, and some SWF teams are not. It's not a rule, it's just a general behaviour.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 362

"4 man tryhards are almost non existent"

..imagine actually believing that

• crixus006crixus006 Member Posts: 198

Sorry but, what's the meaning of SWF?

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,288

Flailing your arms is the way of telling other survivors that the killer is camping. I thought that was common knowledge. Things must have changed since the game's first year.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 474

I don't read the chat anymore and imo they should remove it. Its an unnecesary feature that its only used for toxic behaviour. If someone wants to talk with anyone in the match they can add him to friends.. so again, unnecesary feature.

• CoderCoder Member Posts: 556

Survive With Friends, basically 2, 3 or 4 survivors on comms (Discord/Skype) telling each other where the killer is, where the totem is, which exit gate is open, which gen is almost done so someone go and finish it, where the hatch is, etc... giving them a HUGE advantage over the killer and over solo players.

• finitethrillsfinitethrills Member Posts: 384

Or I don't obsessively refresh the forums because I have other stuff to do. You wave if the killer is nearby, and you sit still if he's gone. Having different "rates" of waving only confuses the issue even more.