Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Do any killers leave hooks anymore?

2»

Comments

• toxicnancymaintoxicnancymain Member Posts: 1,144

killers dont give survivors a fun time 90% of the time, how hypocritical

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 182

I mean you kinda just proved his point when you said most killers are garbage.

Some killers don't leave hooks because it is the right play to do so. See no one on BBQ? stay near the hook. Don't have any tracking? hard patrol. Somebody looping near the hook? chase them and that's a ton of pressure.

Some killers don't camp hooks because they are bad, they do it as a kind of strategic way. Like camping in endgame. Other killers however i will agree just camp because of nothing.

If you're being toxic though then don't expect anything less that a hard camp from anyone.

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 584

Imagine thinking every killer that camps is trash when survs camp the hooks themselves. 🙄

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,489

"9 out of 10..."

There's your answer: Yes. 😋

• xGodSendDeathxGodSendDeath Member Posts: 158

If I camp, I get teabagged, clickyclicky and toxic hate messages on PS4. If I play fair and don't slug and try to hook everyone 3 times, I get the same treatment + gg ez trash killer. I'll play however I want to ;)

• BadGalLexCBadGalLexC Member Posts: 9

Coming from a PS4 main/ survivor I will be more than happy to stream 5 games in a row and I am willing to bet a majority of killers will not leave the hook. And the points that they’re supposed to get as a penalty doesn’t even reflect or encourage change behaviorZ

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 365

Must be nice! I play on Xbox and I get tons of camping/tunneling killers. This is at red ranks...

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 1,934

Hand on heart thats not how it has been for me. Killers just circle hooks endlessly. Sometimes you wait and wait but the killer just patrols a 12m range. Deathslinger players are notoriously bad for this. Its either you farm before survivor hits second stage or you dont get the unhook. You play stealthy and give the killer every chance to leave but they refuse.

You’re Canadian though? Maybe people in your region are just more civil. On the EU servers right now there is no sense of sportsmanship.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I leave hooks when playing Freddy. I run Make Your Choice, and hook people next to generators. So when you make the save I simply tele back to the gen and then insta down the savior. It really sucks if the survivor tries to heal off hook. Completely counters we'll make it, and the dream world completely counters borrowed time.

Play safe survivors.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 1,934

Well it was rank reset. Maybe that has contributed. Since reset its practically every game. Rank resets are always notorious for it.

Easier to sit around the hook and rely on NOED later than it is to learn how to chase survivors.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

But lets be real, you also main Huntress and can ignore safe loops, so having to remain within the vincity of hooked survivors doesn't normally apply to you at all - since you can down survivors much quicker than other Killers.

• TrappinManTrappinMan Member Posts: 28

It has always depended on time in the game, and what's going on situationally for how much camping I do in a match. Normally none, but someone overly toxic will get me lovingly staring them in the eyes, the ring of bear traps around the hook making sure no one interrupts our special time. And if not only were they toxic to me, but to other survivors (pointing out other survivors to escape their death, bodyblocking someone injured in a corner, etc) they also get to feel that tender love of face camping.

Egc, I'll stand near the hook, but not face camping, unless it's a previously mentioned scenario. It's usually close enough to get the grab, if not then a quick 2hit, and dragging the savior to a farther hook to keep playing musical hooks.

I will say tunneling happens more unintentionally than intentionally. If I'm returning to an unhook and see scratch marks, I'll follow them. If the person I just hooked is there, well, I'm not going to ignore them. And if everyone is wearing the same costume, expect I don't care enough to remember who had the flashlight, the toolbox, and the med kit, since you can swap those anyway.

• CiusCius Member Posts: 24

It is the best tactic to kill 4 easy in the current red range, in 90% of cases they are apes

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,121

Will be there more anti-tunnel perks like DS? Something very useful for solo players

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 676

It's certainly takes the sting away from being gen rushed.

• rhodamiarhodamia Member Posts: 272

Killers who camp lose points in 3 of their 4 categories to gain rank

Going against higher rank killers, you will find less camping, because they can't maintain high rank with that strategy.

• OshiOshi Member Posts: 290

Campslinger never leave hook. He always stay 15-20m around so he can tunnel. As non DS user this hurts.