Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

So killers cant complain about genrush but survivors can complain about camping and tunneling?

supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,566
edited March 18 in General Discussions

When i see posts about genrush its always "just apply more pressure" and "its the survivors objective" cant the same be said for like the daily nerf camping and tunneling posts? Killers goal is to kill how they get the kills is fine whether it be standing infront of the survivor holding a chainsaw or chasing that survivor until they're dead. But camping and tunneling is throwing gens away. The difference is that if i take 30 seconds to get to the other side of the map with clown and i find and chase a survivor for 30 seconds and down them and hook them (which might take another 20) thats 3 gens gone when i was doing my job of hooking a survivor.Gen speeds are harder to counter then tunneling and camping. Especially when survivors have bt and ds to help them. I hate the us vs them since i play both sides but i dont get why survivors complain about camping and tunneling with how the game currently is. (And thats the base gen speed toolboxes can make it faster so even if im quicker doesn't make a difference).

Comments

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 676

You can't call it gen rush... It's objective rush!

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 804

Everyone can complain about whatever they want. It's human nature to complain when something doesn't go their way

• JoelwinoJoelwino Member Posts: 500
    edited March 18

What do you mean, camping is always toxic and should never be allowed. If you're camping during the endgame then f you because that's toxic and I want my free win, all killers who camp are trash. I 4k every game with no perks no addons as clown and I do it all WITHOUT CAMPING. Survivor is so much higher skill than killer, do you know how hard it is to hold M1 on a gen while all my teammates take the aggro?

/s

Post edited by Joelwino on
  • LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 1,510

As if you would accept any answer, that were already given to you in other threads.

• WheresTheGateWheresTheGate Member Posts: 73
    edited March 18

I have lurked on this forum a long time and just recently signed up. I mostly signed up because you just don't run across groups of people like this all the time. It seems nearly every person on these forums is one of those rare people in this world that has a perfectly analytical brain that is incapable of being wrong. No emotions, personal feelings, or biases come into play when they form their opinions. The odds of that many perfect people congregating to one game and one forum are staggering to say the least. BHVR should be proud of themselves for creating a game that has assembled the greatest minds of our time. Yet there is something about disagreements between people with perfect opinions that seems to not add up....... Hmmmmmm.... I'm sure it couldn't be that opinions are merely opinions and people can be wrong.

• N0ob3N0ob3 Member Posts: 4

Yes thats the problem, if survivors don't use DS they will insta-lose. Any other builds that doesn't use DS is not viable and will get you killed. This makes for a very linear playstyle which I find to be very boring when playing as a survivor.

• Cheeki_Beaky_BirdCheeki_Beaky_Bird Member Posts: 138

No. There are other objectives than doing gens.

For example:

Healing

Cleansing totems

Good survivors don't do these things, and also get gens done really fast. 🤔🤔🤔

• SchmierbachSchmierbach Member Posts: 288

Both are the definition of "Completing the objective as quickly as possible in whatever way you deem fit." The Devs have stated that none of these are against the rules. It's either you won or you lost and people will get salty regardless.

• GodotGodot Member Posts: 276

It's funny because if a survivor complains about camping and tunneling and then they play killer, they will do the same no doubt.

People will keep complaining because the community is toxic and humans will be humans.

Nothing we can do, really.

Camping, tunneling, generator rushing are not bannable offenses so complaining or reporting them likely won't do anything.

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 327

I get complaints about camping and tunneling all the time. They got a great map or gen rushed, I've got no choice. If I have time, I won't, but if the game is flying, I will do what I must.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,380

JuSt DoInG ThE ObJeCtIvE

CaNt BlAmE Me FoR ThAt

also what do i care that killing is your objective, the way you're doing it is unfun for me and therefore you're doing it wrong!

(not trying to defend campers / tunnelers, but genrushers out of all people should be very silent towards the camping / tunneling topic)

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,097

K1LL RU$H!NG

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 3,839

Devils advocate here but I don't use DS ever and I play 99% solo as survivor. I'm not some "perfect gold standard" player either so I have to disagree that no DS is a "insta-lose".

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 1,070

I agree with you OP. I also play both sides and have been critical of some of these strategies in the past. I will stand by previous statements that certain tactics will limit one's growth as killer/survivor. However I now allow that these terms are made up. People can play how they want.

My style doesn't have to be your style of play. You tunnel and mori me off the first hook. You still get a gg from me. I am not going to hate on how you want to play the game. I have 4kd plenty and escaped plenty. Can't win them all.

Survivors are going to try to survive and killers are going try to kill. There are plenty of counters to all of these terms. Play the game how you want, chase the skill level you want to achieve, and try to at least accept that others will do the same.

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 365

Who said killers can’t complain about “gen rush”? You can complain about anything on these forums and get away with it.

Unfortunately this playerbase is full of crybabies who refuse to improve their playstyle/skill and blame perks or another player’s strategy.

Yes, I’ll be the first to complain about facecamp Bubba but there’s literally no counter to unhooking against that build. You can counter “gen rushing” by not camping and tunneling. You can kind of counter tunneling by running DS/Unbreakable.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,566
    edited March 18

Debatable if your a harder killer like clown which like i said takes around 30 seconds to get to the other side of red forest could chase someone for like 30 to 40 seconds then hook them and 3 gens pop and congrats the try hard mode has begun. Especially when the survivors have perks like ds bt and unbreakable and thats not even thinking of toolboxes.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,605

If you didn't notice, everyone is free to complain about everything on these forums and everyone else is free to argue the point. That's how free speech works. So yes complain away about genrush, camping, tunneling, or whatever else. That appears to be the most popular choice when it comes to free speech... complaining.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 752

That's how it works, survivor toxicity is strongly encouraged and supported, anything killer does is scorned. The double standard is insane

• Blister987Blister987 Member Posts: 54

You can't complain? 90% of the posts here are about gen rushing lol.

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 365

I’d say go for a 3-gen strat and destroy the pallets in that area.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,566

Im saying survivors judge killers for doing it yet complain about camping and tunneling.

• MédicoMédico Member Posts: 13

I play both as a killer and survival, and both the campers and the gen rhust is a problem, but the question of campering, depending on which killer we’re talking about to cauterate, if the killer doesn’t hit and drop you to cauterate with the bill's perk, and the gen rhust disagreement helps a lot, but the 2 are a serious problem.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,332

It's called entitlement.